1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 32 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 11 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -2 hours, -28 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Pelvic Thruster
    BG Level

Loved the video. Frame rate didn't bother me because I know we're not gonna be capped to 10 FPS when the game goes live.

I would assume since the UI is supposed to be more customizable that we'll be able to hide the send/receive. There's no reason to not have that functionality if they let you move stuff around however you like hehe.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe View Post
    I like this little dance she did Lalafell Dance
    Damn those girls in your album are hot! XD
    (edit) looks like they were removed.

Looks fucking amazing and that's just the Alpha? goddamn

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Graphically looks really great but I'm still not digging the style of clothing. Why is everything made out of tweed and pillows? And all so beige. Yuck.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Agito View Post
    Damn those girls in your album are hot! XD
    (edit) looks like they were removed.
    Yeah that gallery was for posts in the General NSFW thread so I had to fix that link and remove the gallery so no one goes there by accident here.

it took some work to get this gif under the 2MB limit on BG/bucket, I fixed my post on page 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    Graphically looks really great but I'm still not digging the style of clothing. Why is everything made out of tweed and pillows? And all so beige. Yuck.

Might be all they have modeled and put in game so far. I recall someone saying that the Alpha/Beta would only consist of a single zone to test too. Going on what the starting gear looked like in FFXI and what the gear looked like later on, i'm not worried.

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    starting gear always looks like trash any way. remember those bronze subligars and the horrible low level mage robes/slops.......

Old Merits
    BG Level

They are teasing us. They can't showoff great gear right away, they will only give us a glimpse of things. A lot of the textures are probably preliminary low resolution texture to get the look and feel right.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I know it's alpha, but I'm a bit disappointed how static the world is just like FFXI.

Detailed character models, but bland world. Nothing moves, no plants wavering subtly to imply there's a small bit of wind flowing through the air. NPCs just standing aimlessly 24/7 at their vendor location blankly staring straight ahead. Next to no interaction with the world itself. (doesn't hurt to allow us to interact with basic things like benches)

Oh well, this is an MMO through and through I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    I know it's alpha, but I'm a bit disappointed how static the world is just like FFXI.

Detailed character models, but bland world. Nothing moves, no plants wavering subtly to imply there's a small bit of wind flowing through the air. NPCs just standing aimlessly 24/7 at their vendor location blankly staring straight ahead. Next to no interaction with the world itself. (doesn't hurt to allow us to interact with basic things like benches)

the NPC thing has to be that way. Because i'm sure you as well as others would be pissed off if they went the route of Aion where some npcs you needed for quests appeared at random times in certain locations or wandered across all of goddamn Belusian(fucking shugo). As for the plants, we don't know that yet, that video shows nothing really of outdoor activity, weather effects or anything.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Those are all things that would come later in the development cycle. Complexity is added in stages. SE does pay attention to detail and I am sure more and more detail will be added periodically. Like I said most of the textures are probably not the final textures.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Some more immersive flare would be nice, but I'm not going to bludgeon them about it now, not at this stage. Closer to launch, I want to see it.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Setsuko View Post
    starting gear always looks like trash any way. remember those bronze subligars and the horrible low level mage robes/slops.......
    Yeah that's pretty much what I've figured. Cue the "Someday when you're level 75 you'll look cool like me" pic. I just wish there was a little more color. The FF series has always been so sharp and vibrant, it's weird to me that they pile on this pillowy meideval looking fluff. Right now it looks like Diane Keaton designed the armor.

The environments and the game generally looks stunning as expected however.

Edit: It might be the interior light just makes everything look more washed out with yellow.

Old Merits
    BG Level

lol, they are in the Bastok-esque city of course it looks like ass.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    the NPC thing has to be that way. Because i'm sure you as well as others would be pissed off if they went the route of Aion where some npcs you needed for quests appeared at random times in certain locations or wandered across all of goddamn Belusian(fucking shugo).
    So true. Hunting NPCs for the L50 Daevan Armor was not fun.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

i'm a little excited.
    The fact that they're putting up this video shows that they're pretty much ready to roll for alpha/beta. Of course, we knew this already, but teasing us makes it all the more exciting.

and this is just a day one preview.. on alpha.
    much more to come!

X

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Looks dam awesome O_o

I really need to update my pc... to run ffxiv when its all done.. at max settings!

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I dont know how to explain ALPHA to you since you already know what it is ...but in the alpha version of a game they will show you about 50-60% of the final product and the fact that the video only showed mainly indoor areas and not out in open spaces lends to your "No wind and wavy plants" thought process.

just sayin

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Interesting that under the profile it indicates "Joined: September 19, 2006". Seems to have been in the queue for a while.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast