1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 47 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 47 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Not on did the lighting look kind of awkward and off, but the framerate was indeed questionable as well...

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

all you fucking retards bitching about framerate need to go jump off a cliff for retardation.

its an alpha. i truly hope you didn't actually think it was going to have any kind of quality.

and this is exactly why, as nice as it is for them to give us gameplay footage, people are gonna blindly assume this is what the release build is gonna look like and base the entire game on that.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by vrumpt View Post
    all you fucking retards bitching about framerate need to go jump off a cliff for retardation.

its an alpha. i truly hope you didn't actually think it was going to have any kind of quality.

and this is exactly why, as nice as it is for them to give us gameplay footage, people are gonna blindly assume this is what the release build is gonna look like and base the entire game on that.
    Seriously, some of you guys need to go see other games that showed off alpha vs beta and even final product. A game like Uncharted (the first one) is a prime example of this. The alpha looked horrendous, cartoonish and looked like a high scaled PS2 game, but when they finally added the final textures and properly tuned lighting it looked night and day different and was herald as one of the best visual games released thus far on any console system. Alpha's always, ALWAYS have lower quality textures to start with and they are often just stand ins to complete a place for testing. Lighting is also always turned down or pre-baked at a low quality compared to what they intend to do with the final product. Alpha is for testing game mechanics and game breaking bugs. It was never meant for you to oggle at and the fact that it even looks as good as it does is a testament to how good the final product is going to be.

Little Mother
    BG Level

In the Lord of the Rings Online Alpha and Beta, characters didn't even run. They slid across the ground ffs. It's a test, not a final product, get over yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinzfeldt View Post
    The horde of static npcs return! Looks good besides that, graphics seem slightly above Aions, bump mapping seems a bit heavy..
    Normal Mapping (not bump)

The quality of the armor textures is a little concerning unless their really just using lower res textures to get the game running. It think I remember reading they were creating a set of textures just for PS3 and then a HQ set for PC (perhaps including both sets for PCs).

Kirb

Aion was very nice style-wise, sure it didn't have great draw distances or very open areas but at least it didnt just slap extreme bump mapping on everything. Don't get me wrong i don't think it looks bad, just seems a little OTT but like someone else said a lot will change from alpha to retail.
    Are you kidding me? The Bump and Spec maps look fantastic.

Lalafell dance just cemented my choice. So fucking cute.

Some great environmental modeling in there, I can't wait until I get to see the place with all the bells and whistles like weather and such.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Would be nice if they could post at least a video a week.
    Since it's SE, maybe that's asking too much >_>;;;

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Omniyoji View Post
    Would be nice if they could post at least a video a week.
    Since it's SE, maybe that's asking too much >_>;;;
    Pretty sure no one expected SE to do even this...so honestly >.>

Old Merits
    BG Level

I would like to see vendors walk to and from their shops at opening and closing time and to actually live in their homes when not working.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Meh I didn't like the Taru that much >_> Sucks that everything they wore was all gray

shit looks exactly like XI on higher resolution. Kinda underwhelming if you ask me.

in before: that's the whole point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    I know it's alpha, but I'm a bit disappointed how static the world is just like FFXI.

Detailed character models, but bland world. Nothing moves (...) NPCs just standing aimlessly 24/7 at their vendor location blankly staring straight ahead. Next to no interaction with the world itself.
    Also this, x10.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Crizto View Post
    Meh I didn't like the Taru that much >_> Sucks that everything they wore was all gray
    It's not gray it's Beta-Burlap.

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

was really disappointed about the graphics shown, as most textures seem to be not in yet or just rubbish. same goes for light/shadow engine (best example, shops or close-up of the cooking scene). on the contrary, i know SE will have it look amazing at the time of release, because that's one aspect that SE always delivers. i just can't understand all the praising of the graphics here or even saying that what shown in the video comes anything close to aion.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Yeah Aion's graphics aren't even that great..and for an alpha..the graphics ARE pretty damn good.

Though I'm sure you were being sarcastic..so I got woosh'd

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sirenia Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Velen

I was more going for Hyur than Lalafell, but I think I may change my mind....they are too darn cute!

Old Merits
    BG Level

Aion uses the CryEngine, XIV is using SE's own home grown engine. And it's CryEngine 1 like the one used in the original Farcry. So In the end I expect XIV will look better than Aion.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm somewhat concerned about all the worry warting I am seeing.

If you look at the FFXI Beta things are totally different from where it started off, we can hardly extrapolate anything from this Alpha video other than the game actually works.

Give it enough time to actually hit Beta then you should start looking for the flaws, otherwise I'm pretty sure the Alpha users will sound all your arguments 10x louder than you can on this forum.

Kirb

i just can't understand all the praising of the graphics here or even saying that what shown in the video comes anything close to aion.
    I guess because you're not a CG guy? The quality of the models and weightpainting already surpasses Aion, imo. Enviromental modeling seems nice and clean, well done.

But really, enough bitching about graphics in an alpha. Generally one can expect graphics several levels above what's seen in an alpha by the time of the release candidate, and I'm honestly kind of baffled at some of these reactions to one of the prettiest alpha test graphics I've ever seen.

You just can't please some people, it seems.

Vuitton

This reinforces my desire to recreate Vuitton (galka) as he was in FFXI, but in FFXIV as a seawolf roegadyn. Fuck that red skin mess. Red galka is just Ifrit without horns or hooves.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

go on ffxiv.com, look at the very first screenshot, the elvaan (sorry that's what it is) fighting the two pieste. nothing washed out and beige about that. it's bright, vibrant and full of color. i wouldn't let a TWO MINUTE clip about 1/10,000th of the game world scare you about the game being dull and boring.

that being said, i'm already saving up to overhaul my gaming rig for this lol. I'm rolling with max settings day 1, baby!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast