1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 48 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -1 hours, -49 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 10 hours, 48 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Needs a 720p download link btw.
    http://files.me.com/kgav/c0fxlh.mov

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Omniyoji View Post
    Select HD > click GO > right click down and select save as
    It's just saving as an .html when right clicking the down.

Thanks, Rowe.

Game looks fantastic, though, I don't think THAT much graphically will change between this and the final build. Mostly stuff just getting rearranged, some effects taken out/put in etc, and of course proper lighting. But I think the textures/models are pretty much done, I'd say those get signed off pretty early, and changing stuff to the base models will require way more work than is necessary...but one can hope.

Also, MMO textures look low res because they ARE low res. If there's one thing I've learned from SE textures, is that they work efficiently, with hardly any wasted space. Wouldn't be surprised if these textures were all around 512x512 (or some variant). I would be surprised to see them use something higher on a PC though.

errr

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Yeah....since FFXI clearly looks like this in the final version

err... doesnt ff11 actually look like this in the final version ??

there is not one scene in the ff14 video that can compare to the enthousiasm i had for the ff11 video when it came out. the forest and dragon scenes were awesome at the time. there s nothing awesome in the ff14 video.

music was better too

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by mr.bryce View Post
    err... doesnt ff11 actually look like this in the final version ??

there is not one scene in the ff14 video that can compare to the enthousiasm i had for the ff11 video when it came out. the forest and dragon scenes were awesome at the time. there s nothing awesome in the ff14 video.

music was better too
    You're right, it's shit. Can you go now?

edit: Holy fuck, you made me waste post 1k on this...

Old Merits
    BG Level

Ok to get a mp4 from youtube on a PC download Safari Browser from Apple. Go to the youtube channel in safari select the 720HD then when it loads press cntrl+alt+a to open the activity window. in the activity window look for the large file sized line and double click it, safari asks you if you want to save the file. simple. All HD on youtube is H.264 mp4 and you can snag all of them with this method.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by LD View Post
    I thing that seemed odd: The lalafell character had less MP with what looks lik a wand while the guys with a spear and sword have more. I think the difference was 146 to 157.
    The lalafells mp bar isn't full either. I'd bet they are all 208/157 max.

Vuitton

I like the quilted armor the Roegadyn is wearing. I love how it looks three dimensional due to the quilted fluffiness. I think its great that SE is capable of making clothing look fluffy. I think fluffy or puffy is tough to reproduce believably on a three dimensional model.

Vuitton

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    Just install Orbit Downloader and it updates your browser to allow you to save just about anything with a click including youtube videos, xtube videos, flash streaming mp3s, anything flash, and well just about anything really.

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    Ahhh, good eye. Seems they are pretty much uniform.

Kirb

Strange, considering the Lalafell had a wand/club. You'd think she'd have more MP than the melee.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Who says wand/club isnt a leet melee weapon?

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Yeah....since FFXI clearly looks like this in the final version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GiAJj3mHRs

So yeah I agree..people need to get off the "type of quality" and "Aion looks better" etc.

Because honestly...lol with how FFXIV looks now in Alpha..it'll more than likely be the best looking MMO come release..or standard looking MMO
    No one knows.
    And POL totally looks like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBsnEs6CIng

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    At least the fish in the aquarium are right side up.
    I always wondered if this was intentional?

Quote Originally Posted by Olo401 View Post
    And POL totally looks like this:

ahahahha WOW!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Fucking amazing, the wait is killing me.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    I know it's alpha, but I'm a bit disappointed how static the world is just like FFXI.

Detailed character models, but bland world. Nothing moves, no plants wavering subtly to imply there's a small bit of wind flowing through the air. NPCs just standing aimlessly 24/7 at their vendor location blankly staring straight ahead. Next to no interaction with the world itself. (doesn't hurt to allow us to interact with basic things like benches)

Oh well, this is an MMO through and through I guess.
    Alpha graphics are like "placeholder" just to be there. Its same as any alpha MMO. Its just there so you aren't running on some "solid floating blocks"

beta will probably add animation to scenery.. then shaders extra touches in final. its pretty much same for any mmo!

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Wow I've never seen that old PlayOnline video... Thats fucking comedy gold. lol

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Game looks fantastic, though, I don't think THAT much graphically will change between this and the final build. Mostly stuff just getting rearranged, some effects taken out/put in etc, and of course proper lighting. But I think the textures/models are pretty much done, I'd say those get signed off pretty early, and changing stuff to the base models will require way more work than is necessary...but one can hope.

Also, MMO textures look low res because they ARE low res. If there's one thing I've learned from SE textures, is that they work efficiently, with hardly any wasted space. Wouldn't be surprised if these textures were all around 512x512 (or some variant). I would be surprised to see them use something higher on a PC though.
    SE said the the PC textures will be 1080p and the PS3 textures are 720p, so no it won't be low quality textures . I don't think the 'geometry' of the terrain is going to change (or change much) from now and release, but MMORPG have a customary practice to use stand-in/temp textures during alpha and even into beta's. It is done so for two reasons: 1. the textures they want to use are not ready yet and are still in the process of being made and 2. lower res textures are better for alphas because engine isn't optimized yet and they want people to beable to actually play the game during this time without extremely limiting the potential tester batches.

Also the "look" of a game will change dramatically depending on how the lighting is done, and I mean night and day difference. The shadows produced during the 'lighting' is also a big thing. Self-shadowing and HDR, when implemented (if implemented but I have a feeling those will be implemented before the end) will make geometry that looks sterile actually look more rugged and down to earth because of the variance in the colors do to the lighting and shadows. Those hats for instance in the cooking session of the video have a major issue of what I like to "The holy resonance effect" where there is no self-shadowing in the folds or the edges, and it gives off that barren plastic look to it.

Third. Animation, like textures, might be temporary in some instances. A lot of the animations in the alpha will probably be in the final product, but you will have animation glitches in alphas that won't get fixed until later in the betas. You also have beta's like LOTR that didn't even have run or walk animations of any kind, they were added just shortly before release.

I would not judge the quality of the visuals till right around release or just shortly after release. MMORPG are notorious during the development process to have swift changes in looks, not because they arn't happy with the alpha/beta product, but because they were never meant to be the final product to begin with and they will turn on the final product visuals towards the end after everything else has been tested thoroughly. This happens with EVERY MMORPG and most single player games.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

That POL video was the greatest thing SE has ever produced.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast