+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Thread: The Avengers Movie     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Our IMAX started the movie 5 min early and showed:

Battleship, Prometheus, Expendables 2, The Dark Knight, and Spiderman

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Juben Sudorana
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I missed that the full infinity gauntlet was in Thor with all gems on it. *facepalm* Now my real question is if thanos already has it why not just take over why separate a single gem from the gauntlet. So confused.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Does Thanos already have it?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    Does Thanos already have it?
    If Thanos had it, he would've destroyed the Avengers solo style.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by grantlogan View Post
    If Thanos had it, he would've destroyed the Avengers solo style.
    Yeah thats what Im saying. Trying to figure out what I missed that made Juben assume he had it already.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

i thought it was in odin's trophy room. i dont actually remember seeing it in thor, but wasnt that what the deal was?

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    Every one except the Thor movie, where as I've said before, felt disjointed when compared to the Avengers movie.
    Going into these Marvel movies it was obvious that Thor was going to be the hardest to pull off with all the fantastic and unrealistic elements that make his story what it is but really I said to myself "All Thor needs to do is be passable" and that it managed to do.

You might not remember Thor as fondly as say.. Iron Man but it shouldn't come to mind in the same vein as Spiderman 3 or Daredevil.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

for what it was, thor pwned. anyone that says otherwise is fucking stupid and wrong and a moron. fucking stupid wrong morons.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    for what it was, thor pwned. anyone that says otherwise is fucking stupid and wrong and a moron. fucking stupid wrong morons.
    The irony.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Juben Sudorana
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

He gave the gem to Loki at the beginning of the Avengers. The staff had the mind gem (blue) which means he must of teled into the odin's treasure room and taken the gauntlet in Thor 1. If you watch when the giant robot was destroying frost giants pause on the second blast you will see the gauntlet with full gems including the bright blue gem. So he has to have it. So why even waste time with Loki?

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I loved Thor. Never saw The Hulk or Captain America, never really wanted to until now. Never saw Iron Man 1/2 either til Saturday night but thought those were good films as well.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    The irony.
    stop flirting before i peel those skinny jeans off you and suck the puss out of that acne you sexysexy boy

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Juben View Post
    He gave the gem to Loki at the beginning of the Avengers. The staff had the mind gem (blue) which means he must of teled into the odin's treasure room and taken the gauntlet in Thor 1. If you watch when the giant robot was destroying frost giants pause on the second blast you will see the gauntlet with full gems including the bright blue gem. So he has to have it. So why even waste time with Loki?
    I'm unfamiliar with the history of the gauntlet and the gems, but why would you keep all the pieces of the puzzle in the same spot already assembled? Thats just asking for somebody to swoop in, take it and become god. No I smell a retcon incoming.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by vrumpt View Post
    I'm unfamiliar with the history of the gauntlet and the gems, but why would you keep all the pieces of the puzzle in the same spot already assembled? Thats just asking for somebody to swoop in, take it and become god. No I smell a retcon incoming.
    Spoiler: show
    In the comics, each gem is posssessed by the Elders of the Universe. Thanos kills them all and takes the gems to become all-powerful. This eventually leads to the Infinity Gauntlet series, which is very popular

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Juben View Post
    I missed that the full infinity gauntlet was in Thor with all gems on it. *facepalm* Now my real question is if thanos already has it why not just take over why separate a single gem from the gauntlet. So confused.
    http://cdnl.complex.com/mp/?f=CHANNE...5ae850c3ea6d9a

Dunno if I should put this in a spoiler but I will just to be safe
    If I recall in the Comics Thanos was obsessed with the anthropomorphic personification of Death (female), and in order to impress her he wanted to wipe out half of the universe as a sacrifice. The line at the end of the movie about attacking Earth to court Death fits the same actions and reasoning as in the comic. Attacking Earth and killing people on Earth would be a way for Thanos to get on Deaths good side so he could court her with the sacrifices.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Juben Sudorana
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Do we need spoilers for what happen in one of the comics? Figure no need due to the fact some many different comic stories have the infinity gauntlet. Although i never read any of them where Odin ever possessed it for that matter or at least i forgot he ever had it or any of the gems. Might have to reread the infinity wars series.

Wanted to see it this afternoon, but finding someone got ahold of my ATM card info resulted in a trip to the bank to get it cancelled instead. Maybe I'll try again in a couple hours. x.x

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Great fuckin movie. Last year before the trailer was concerned the movie would be cheesy. Saw it on 3d Imax and was blown away. Each character didn't hog the movie. Considering they were fighting aliens Black Window & Hawkeye did quite well. Hulk stole the show. Lol.

The Infinity Gauntlet series was one of the 1st big crossovers i read as a kid. If they do follow it in some manner, I wonder which characters will Marvel add to the movie. Also, if there is a new thor movie, who will be the villian as it can't be another Lokki.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think the villains in the next Thor are going to be the Executioner and the Enchantress. I think.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Ben Kingsley = Mandarin.
    from Iron Man 3 wiki.