Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Thor's Chris Hemsworth confirmed in a recent interview that Natalie Portman will reprise her role as Jane Foster in Joss Whedon's The Avengers. It looks like they are going to bring everyone that ever starred in a Marvel movie back for this flick... well, except for Ed Norton and Terrence Howard.

Here's a rough translation of the the interview from the italian movie blog, Bad Taste it:

How many contracts signed? How many movies has committed?

Six. Three for three for Thor and the Avengers
    And where do we stand with the Avengers?

I'm going to get the final script, while I have read many drafts. We start shooting in May.
    He read comic books to prepare?

Yes, I gave them to Joss Whedon, and the strangest thing is that they gave me before I came to know that he would be directing the film.
    There will also be Natalie Portman?

Yes, Natalie will be there also.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/4/16...-avengers.html
    http://www.badtaste.it/index.php?opt...9324&Itemid=86

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

CLEVELAND -- Today we got new details about "The Avengers" filming here and its downtown shooting timeline

Is Cleveland moving closer and closer to turning into Hollywood?

"The Avengers" is already being billed as next summer's big blockbuster.

"The Avengers" will be the biggest movie-filming to hit Cleveland since Spiderman-3.

The movie will feature big-name actors reprising their superhero roles from previous films, including Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, and Scarlett Johansson as the Black Widow.

The Marvel Studios production will be the largest feature film ever made in Ohio.

Cleveland filming will take place in early August and will involve the hiring of 150 crew members as well as 1,800 extras.

Want to get in on those crew jobs? Go to the Greater Cleveland Film Commission website to apply for crew jobs. Extras-hiring will be done later on the website so check back often.

Cuyahoga County is giving the commission $160,000 to help land these major films.

With "The Avengers" spending $30 million in Ohio, many see it as an investment that is already paying off.
    http://www.wkyc.com/money/article/18...meline-hiring-

CLEVELAND - Marvel Studios will hire more than 2,000 people to have bit parts in the new movie "The Avengers" when filmmakers begin shooting in August.

The production will be the largest feature film ever made in Ohio. The Greater Cleveland Film Commission has not yet released information about how to apply for an extra role, as that information will be available at a later date.

"The Avengers" will be filmed in various parts of the city over a two-month period. If you are interested in being a member of the crew for this film you should send a resume to [email protected].

Cleveland area residents could receive anywhere from $50 to $100 dollars daily for their work on the film and will receive free meals.

The Avengers film is about a popular group of Marvel Comics superheroes and stars Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson and Samuel L. Jackson.

But if you miss out at being an extra in this film, you will have other chances because 10 other movies are to be filmed here soon.

The Greater Cleveland Film Commission said the city is becoming a prime location for Hollywood film producers.
    http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/loc...-you-can-apply

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Kevin Feige confrimed sequels for Thor and Captain America in a recent article in D23 Magazine. This is a very exciting time for Marvel superhero fans. This year we hav Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger coming out, then The Avengers, then Iron Man 3. We first learned about Marvel's plans when Stephen McFeely and Christopher Markus were hired as screenwriters. The screenwriters later mentioned the possibility of the Captain America sequel taking place during WWII or during present day, but no confirmation was given until now.

Here is what Feige had to say about the films in production:

"X-Men was the dawn of the new Marvel cinematic age. Iron Man was the dawn of the Marvel Studios age and the establishment of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the beginning of that continuity. The Avengers is the next big step. Once all these characters come together, it's the culmination of all that has come before. It launches a new era and a new time in the history of our films. Not only will it be the first film that our new home studio, Disney, will be distributing, but it will also renew each of these characters and launch them into their own franchises, starting with the second film to be released by Disney, Iron Man 3."
    "Thor will go off into a new adventure, and Captain America will continue to explore the modern world in another film of his own. We hope that holds true for the characters appearing in that film — Black Widow, Hawkeye, and the spy organization, S.H.I.E.L.D. —all of whom are more than worthy and capable of carrying their own films.

And, we’ve got a lot of other characters we’re prepping and getting ready for film debuts: the world of martial arts, these great cosmic space fantasies, Dr. Strange, and the magic side of the Marvel Universe. There are many, many stories to be mined."
    The best part of the news is that we finally have confirmation that Captain America 2 is a modern day story. The Thor sequel news is really nothing new, but still is cool as far as I am concerned. Earlier we reported that a Dr. Strange film was in the works, and now it looks like we have more confirmation of that.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/4/19...kes-place.html
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2010/6/21...tion-film.html
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/4/14...alk-about.html
    http://d23.disney.go.com/inthisissue.html

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Cosmic & Magic marvel movies? Now that gets me pumped up. Gimme sum Thanos & Dormammu.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Would love a Nova movie.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://geektyrant.com/storage/post-i...assemble1.jpeg

Production has commenced today in Albuquerque, New Mexico on Marvel Studios' highly anticipated movie "Marvel's The Avengers," directed by Joss Whedon ("Serenity") from a screenplay by Whedon. The film will continue principal photography in Cleveland, Ohio and New York City. Robert Downey, Jr. ("Iron Man," "Iron Man 2") returns as the iconic Tony Stark/Iron Man along with Chris Hemsworth ("Thor") as Thor, Chris Evans ("Captain America: The First Avenger") as Captain America, Jeremy Renner ("Thor," "The Hurt Locker") as Hawkeye, Mark Ruffalo ("The Kids Are Alright") as Hulk, Scarlett Johansson ("Iron Man 2") as Black Widow, Clark Gregg ("Iron Man," "Thor") as Agent Phil Coulson, and Samuel L. Jackson ("Iron Man," "Iron Man 2") as Nick Fury. Set for release in the US on May 4, 2012, "Marvel's The Avengers" is the first feature to be fully owned, marketed and distributed by Disney, which acquired Marvel in 2009.

Continuing the epic big-screen adventures started in "Iron Man," "The Incredible Hulk," "Iron Man 2," "Thor," and "Captain America: The First Avenger," "Marvel's The Avengers" is the super hero team up of a lifetime. When an unexpected enemy emerges that threatens global safety and security, Nick Fury, director of the international peacekeeping agency known as S.H.I.E.L.D., finds himself in need of a team to pull the world back from the brink of disaster.

Based on the ever-popular Marvel comic book series, first published in 1963, "Marvel's The Avengers" brings together the mightiest super hero characters as they all assemble together on screen for the first time. The star studded cast of super heroes will be joined by Cobie Smulders ("How I Met Your Mother) as Agent Maria Hill of S.H.I.E.L.D., as well as Tom Hiddleston ("Wallander") and Stellan Skarsgård ("Angels & Demons," "Mamma Mia!") who will both reprise their respective roles as Loki and Professor Erik Selvig from the upcoming Marvel Studios' feature "Thor."

"Marvel's The Avengers" is being produced by Marvel Studios' President, Kevin Feige, and executive produced by Alan Fine, Stan Lee, Louis D'Esposito, Patty Whitcher, and Jon Favreau. Marvel Studios' Jeremy Latcham and Victoria Alonso will co-produce.

The creative production team also includes Oscar nominated director of photography Seamus McGarvey ("Atonement"), production designer James Chinlund ("25th Hour"), Oscar winning costume designer Alexandra Byrne ("Elizabeth: The Golden Age"), Oscar winning visual effects supervisor Janek Sirrs ("Iron Man 2," "The Matrix"), visual effects producer Susan Pickett ("Iron Man," "Iron Man 2"), stunt coordinator R.A. Rondell ("Superman Returns"), and four-time Oscar nominated special effects supervisor Dan Sudick ("Iron Man," "War of the Worlds"). The editors include Oscar nominated Paul Rubell ("Collateral") and Jeffrey Ford ("Crazy Heart").

Marvel Studios most recently produced "Iron Man 2" which was released in theatres on May 7, 2010. The sequel to "Iron Man," starring Robert Downey, Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow as well as Don Cheadle, Scarlett Johansson and Mickey Rourke, took the number one spot its first weekend with a domestic box office gross of $128.1 million. To date the film has earned over $620 million in worldwide box office receipts.

In the summer of 2008, Marvel produced the summer blockbuster movies, "Iron Man" and "The Incredible Hulk." "Iron Man," in which Robert Downey, Jr. originally dons the super hero's powerful armor alongside co-stars Terrence Howard, Jeff Bridges and Gwyneth Paltrow, was released May 2, 2008 and was an immediate box office success. Garnering the number one position for two weeks in a row, the film brought in over $100 million its opening weekend and grossed over $571 million worldwide. On June 13, 2008, Marvel released "The Incredible Hulk" marking its second number one opener of that summer. The spectacular revival of the iconic green goliath grossed over $250 million in worldwide box office receipts.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://geektyrant.com/storage/post-i...rkrelation.jpg

The Avengers have assembled and Joss Whedon is currently working on bring them to life on the big screen. The film is in production, and we don't have a lot of concrete information of the films story yet, just that it's going to be epic, and have one hell of an awesome cast. There's also a lot of speculation going around, speculation that could end up being true. But, it's nice to get little nuggets of solid information here and there to piece it all together in our heads. Chris Evan's recently sat down with MTV and talked about the relationship that Steve Rogers a.k.a. Captain America will have with Tony Stark a.k.a. Iron Man in the film.

Even in the first 'Captain America' movie, they bring him into the modern world — that does happen. In 'The Avengers,' they start to explore this. He's a fish out of water, a man not in his time, and he's just coming to terms with the way the world is now and how it's changed since the '40s.

I think there's certainly a dichotomy — this kind of friction between myself and Tony Stark. They're polar opposites. One guy is flash and spotlight and smooth, and the other guy is selfless and in the shadows and kind of quiet. . . and they have to get along. They explore that, and it's pretty fun.
    It doesn't sound like they're going to get along very well. It will be really interesting and cool to see that character dynamic, and relationship play out in the film. I'm really looking forward to seeing how all these character come together and interact with each other in whatever situation they find themselves in. I have complete trust in Whedon that he will bring us one hell of a great Avengers movie.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/4/26...elationsh.html
    http://splashpage.mtv.com/2011/04/25...vans-iron-man/

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=36007

Stolen Script For The Avengers Offered Up For Sale; Check Out A Page Of It Here!
    Someone is offering up a stolen copy of Samuel L. Jackson's script for The Avengers and courtesy of our friends at Obsessed With Film we have the details as well as a page featuring Iron Man, Black Widow and Bruce Banner...
    Here is an excerpt from the report over at Obsessed With Film. To read more about this whole situation, and to discover exactly why they refused to buy the stolen script, click on the link below to head on over to the site.

Over the weekend, Obsessed With Film was sent an email from an anonymous source claiming to have come into possession of a 08/04/2011 shooting draft script titled “Group Hug”. This is well known to be the secret production title of The Avengers, Marvel/Disney’s ensemble superhero movie that began filming on Easter Monday. The e-mail claimed the 129 page script bore the Marvel Studios letterhead and all the pages were watermarked with the name of the actor who the leaked script belongs too.

I was then asked to contact the source to ‘negotiate terms’.

Out of mild curiosity I asked for visual clarification that the script was real in the form of some photo’s (I was never going to make a serious offer, I just wanted to see which actor will get in trouble for letting his script go loose) and what returned was two images which clearly show the name SAMUEL L. JACKSON watermarked over it. Oops.

Well, this does indeed look the real deal and it will surely only be so long until someone out there does indeed decide to buy it or leak it online for the world to see! A lot of talk about a "carrier" in that page above. The Helicarrier perhaps? Be sure to share your thoughts in the usual place!

With an all star cast which includes Chris Evans as Captain America, Robert Downey Jr as Iron Man, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Mark Rufallo as Bruce Banner, Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow, Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill, Clark Gregg as Agent Coulson and Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, The Avengers is set to be released on May 4, 2012!

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

<redacted>

Blackice

Ok, Tony and Hulk banter written by Whedon... I'm sold.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

uh... RDJ banter in Iron Man is largely ad-libbed.. this might not jam well w/ Whedonspeak..

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Edward is no longer doing Hulk right? I heard 2 weeks ago he got recasted for some other kid.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Right, as the news link says.

Bruce Banner himself, Mark Ruffalo, recently told MTV what Smashes With Purple Pants is up to.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Why does IMDB say;

Mark Ruffalo ... Bruce Banner
    Lou Ferrigno ... The Incredible Hulk (voice)

Incorrect?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Because Mark Ruffalo is the new Hulk...

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Oh god, I just woke up and read "Bruce Banner himself" as "Edward Norton himself".

lol

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

It's been confirmed for awhile now that Loki will be the main villain in The Avengers, so for those of you that still have any doubts about that, put those doubts to rest. In a recent interview with Tom Hiddleston the actor who portrays Loki in Thor, talks about the character in Joss Whedon's The Avengers. When he was asked about Loki being the primary villain in the movie he said,

Well, I think it was a plan from the get-go, but it wasn't really dead-set until near the end of Thor. What was wonderful is that about four days after I wrapped on Thor, I went out for a cup of tea with Joss Whedon. We sat down at two o'clock in the afternoon, and we were still sitting there at six o'clock. He said, "Listen, you've lived with this guy for six months. I want you to spill the beans and tell me all of his dark secrets. Who is this guy? Why is he who he is?" Ken had already shown him a rough cut of the film, and mercifully, everything I had done accorded with Joss's idea of the character, too. I'm really so flattered that Marvel and Josh think I can take them all on. In Avengers, it's going to be me versus seven of them, and I say "Good luck to them," frankly.

I think Loki's intelligence is never switched off. Let's put it this way: He has really big, evil plans that will take more than his thunderous brother to put a stop to, but that doesn't mean that the layers aren't still there.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/5/2/...-the-aven.html

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty much going to stick all non X-Men / other heroes that don't have their own topic, news into this thread.

http://geektyrant.com/storage/post-i...one-movies.jpg

It looks as though Marvel Studios is still planning stand-alone Hawkeye and Black Widow movies. The news comes from The Playlist, who had the chance to speak with Kevin Feige this weekend. Both characters will appear in The Avengers, but have not had their own films. Feige had the following to say about these possible projects:

"There’s no definitive plans, but we have started talking and talking with Scarlett about what a Widow movie could be. Internally we’ve also started thinking what a Hawkeye movie could be, how we could continue to explore the organization S.H.I.E.L.D, which has a pretty big part in Thor, smaller parts in the two Iron Man films and has a giant part in The Avengers."
    Based on the roles that Hawkeye and Black Widow play in The Avengers it makes complete sense that Marvel would want to give Jeremy Renner and Scarlet Johansson more films. Renner has an unbelievably full schedule, so it's not clear if he would even have the time. Earlier we reported that Marvel would be making a announcement on the 2013 and 2014 slate, which may include any characters getting new stand-alone movies.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/5/2/...-alone-fi.html
    http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...wn_solo_films/

http://media.comicbookmovie.com/imag...6/ergerg45.png

With an interweaving cinematic universe paving the way for easter eggs, cameos & references to other characters in solo-films, Marvel Studios' latest big-screen adaptation, Kenneth Branagh's Thor, is no exception. I was recently contacted via email with an interesting reference from the film, supposedly captured at a screening from a scene in Odin's Vault, featured is a nod to Marvel's Sorcerer Supreme Doctor Strange.

http://media.comicbookmovie.com/imag...%20Strange.jpg

The Eye of Agamotto, the name commonly given to Doctor Strange's amulet. Via Marvel Wiki, It was placed into the care of Eternity until a worthy mage could successfully reach him. Doctor Strange did so, and was given the Eye to battle Dormammu.

Also, it's well known that Marvel Studios have been keen on adapting Doctor Stephen Strange to the big-screen, essentially with reports mid-last year of Conan scribes Thomas Donnelly & Joshua Oppenheime coming on board. And with this appearance of the Eye of Agamotto in Thor, it could mean it's coming closer to actuality.
    http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/M.../news/?a=36260

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://geektyrant.com/storage/post-i...arvel-thor.jpg

In a recently interview, Kevin Feige (Marvel's president of production) revealed some cool details about Thor and a bunch more. I highly recommend you check out the full interview at Collider, below are some excerpts.

Here is what Feige had to say about why Thor was released internationally:

Well, it could be…the studios are the ones that control this and set the dates. So Thor could’ve easily have been a day and date release. But the experts at Paramount, I don’t want say this viciously because they are experts at this, said that we would do better if we opened two weeks before to take advantage of the 6 day holiday that happens in Australia and to take advantage of certain holidays that were happening in the U.K. So far, I don’t if you have seen the numbers today but we are number one internationally now, they seem to be right. It’s all part of the strategy, but filmmakers like myself go, “Oh, but what about piracy?! What do you mean two weeks before the United States?!” and they go, “It’s a big planet. It’s not just the United States. It’s the whole word”, which is true. The U.S. counts for half and maybe sometimes less than half of the total worldwide box office. So you sort of have to follow their lead on these things. Now, we as Americans are for the first time feeling what the people around the world feel and it doesn’t feel good. “What do you mean it’s not out until two weeks for us?! I want to see it now!” So it’s a unique experience for us a film fan, and it’s scary as hell as a filmmaker. But I trust that these people that have an unprecedented track record for over the past 5 years, who certainly served us well with the start of the first Iron Man film, know what they are doing.
    This is going to be one of the best summer's ever in my opinion for comic book movies. Here is what Feige had to say about how reviews and box office success impacts the future of Marvel.

It hasn’t opened yet, but certainly all of the signs seem very positive right now. This more than any film, and Kenneth Branagh and I were just talking about this, is “Are people going to go for it?” We think it’s cool and we like the ride, but are people going to go for it? Are people going to go for the cape, the horses, the Rainbow Bridge, the observatory, Heimdall, the helmets, and the hammers? Clearly, we made the movie in a way that we felt would be inviting to people whether they knew if any of that stuff was or not so that they could follow the story and get into the story. It is extremely gratifying that that seems to be the case. It really is. I remember sitting in this room for the junket of Iron Man 2 and people were going, “How the hell are you going to doThor? How are you going to fit Thor into the Iron Man world? It doesn’t make any sense!” I said, “Well, I think it could be done.” I’m very happy that people seem to be responding to that. What does it mean to the future of Marvel? Well, any success means that we can continue to make films and we can continue to get out of the comfort zone. The comfort zone of “I’m a normal person. Ow. I got bit by a spider or hit by gamma rays.” There is more than that in the Marvel universe. Those are great by the way and they are the foundations of the Marvel universe, but then you can start moving into “What if there was a sorcerer supreme? What if there is a country in Africa that is incredibly advanced? What if there was a city under the sea?” You can just keep expanding as it was done in the comics and audiences will go along with us. I haven’t seen Green Lantern yet, but you are right to point that Thor is one of those…as I have been saying for years “We are now trying to go to the cosmic side of the Marvel universe.” Are people going to come with us? Are the people who are used to seeing the Spider-Man or Iron Man? For as non-traditional as Iron Man is, he is kind of traditional. He’s got a suit and he has super powers. They just come from the suit instead of him. I’m very pleased that people are responding to it.
    At last year's Comic Con the entire cast of a came on stage, which makes you wonder how Marvel is going to top that. Here is what Feige had to briefly say about plans for Comic Con this year.

It’s an ongoing discussion that often starts just after the last con. There are a lot of discussions going on now. It depends on the schedule, the strategy, and what is going on. The answer right now is that I don’t know for this year’s Comic Con.
    There has been talk that Odin's Vault may contain Easter eggs that allude to a Doctor Strange movie. Here is what Feige had to say when asked about that:

I’m not sure about Doctor Strange in particular. Oh, I know what they are talking about. That is not Doctor Strange. It is right out of Thor. It is right out of the first Tales of Asgard stories. I think it’s called “The Warlock’s Eye” I think it is verbatim what [Jack] Kirby drew. I think those are the scenes. There is other coverage and stuff where we lingered on those things longer but again “Why are you lingering on that stuff? It has nothing to do with the movie.” “Oh, but it’s cool. People will recognize it.” You can’t do it. But everything in that vault and everything you might see if you pause and look behind people’s shoulders or as the Einherjar soldiers are walking past – everyone of those has a story and it is from the books. There is Thanos’ glove, or certainly a glove that looks like it could be Thanos’ gauntlet, is in there for sure. The Warlock’s Eye thing is in there. There are some swords. There is a sword there that may or may not be eternal. There are a number of things. There is even one, and in fact I’m not sure if you can see this in the movie or not, but there is one that is empty. There was one sort of subchamber of the vault that didn’t have anything in it. So the question is “What used to be in it?”
    Here is what Feige said when asked when Marvel might announce what is coming up in 2013 or 2014:

It probably won’t be too long from now as we are figuring that out now. Clearly, if you look at the Iron Man, Spider-Man, and the X-Men films, two or three years between sequels is usually what we like to do. You don’t know if you are making sequels till the movies come out or not. So I will say that there is flux in what the release schedule could be for 2013, 2014, and maybe 2015. Then we hope to…I’m meeting with Edgar Wright tomorrow morning. It is the longest…I said to Edgar, “You didn’t realize it was like 5 years ago or maybe more than that that we met at Comic Con?” But he has the best draft yet and I think we could be in shape to do it. It’s a luxury that it has been allowed to live and breathe like that. It’s not where it was just racing to a release date. Iron Man 3 is for sure. We are actively putting it together right now. What happens beyond that? We will see. But for the first time…frankly, when we did Iron Man and Hulk we had two movies in development – Iron Man and Hulk. Now, there is more of a selection. So we can go, “What scripts are we feeling good about? What properties do we now feel that we want to bring into the forefront?”
    I am excited to see what Shane Black brings to the Iron Man universe. Here is what Feige had to say aobut the excitment surrounding Black's involvement in Iron Man 3:

Like when we announced Robert [Downey Jr.], I always thought that there would be some people who got it and some people would be like, “Well, that is weird. Let’s see what happens.” I was surprised when certainly the fanboy community got it right away with Robert. I should’ve known they would’ve gotten it right away with Shane.
    There has been lots of talk about Marvel coming to the small screen. Here is what Feige had to say about Marvel coming to TV:

I don’t know if you have ever spoken to Jeff Loeb, but he is actively working on it. People always ask about Disney. “How is the change? What does that mean? What is happening with Disney?” From my side, I have a few more partners that I can turn to and get things we might need for the movies, but not much has changed on the movie side. TV is where it is going to make all of the difference. I think Marvel on television went from a “Hey, wouldn’t it be cool if we got to that someday?” to “it’s going to be happening in the not too distant future.”
    He goes on to say:

I think like movies, they have things in development. I don’t frankly know the world of TV. I know pilot season and when that is and things coming together. All I know is that whenever pilot season is again, which I don’t know, there will be Marvel properties that will be candidates to go into those pilots. But Loeb is the guy to talk to and if there are any announcements made at Comic Con he will be the one making them.
    Earlier we reported that there will not be a Marvel/Pixar movie. Here is what Feige had to say about that:

Let me put it this way, I think there will be a Marvel animated movie at some point. I think that would be cool. I think becoming part of the Walt Disney company and have 8,000 plus characters and have that not become a reality? Whether that is Pixar or not…Marvel is about existing Marvel IP. Pixar, at least as far as I know, is about original IP. None of those are based on anything are they?

I think we have been pretty successful bringing the Marvel characters to life and clearly they have been pretty successful in coming up with new stuff for every new movie or making sequels to their successful stuff. So I don’t know why they would change that.
    Here is what Feige had to say when asked about a Marvel animated movie and whether they would use CGI or hand drawn:

I’m not saying we are planning an animated movie. Of course, there have been those kind of “What if…?” discussions. Aren’t they all CG now?
    These are exciting times for Marvel and comic book fans everywhere.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/5/2/...-and-more.html
    http://collider.com/kevin-feige-inte...strange/88459/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Industrial Light & Magic (ILM) will be doing the special effects for the Avengers.

http://www.ilm.com/

Our Work > In Production > Slide Cursor to Tab

Official site: http://marvel.com/avengers_movie/

Robert Downey Jr. was all smiles at The Hangover 2 Premiere at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre last night.

The actor flew in from Albuquerque where he’s been filming The Avengers to attend the event. According to our friends at OneHeadLightLink, RDJ was spotted hiking in the Albuquerque hills as recently as Wednesday morning.

The Avengers has been filming at Albuquerque Studios for the past few weeks but they are also expected to shoot at the Albuquerque Rail Yards, and we’ve even heard they’ll be blowing up a building or two before leaving New Mexico!
    http://www.onlocationvacations.com/2...of-hangover-2/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast