BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

The Avengers Movie

Just an update that according to Comicvine.com Joss Whedon is on Marvel's short list to direct. It may be a joke, but they are swearing (as well as their source) that its not:

http://www.comicvine.com/news/joss-w...-movie/140787/

While I love a good April Fool’s Day prank (last year I convinced everybody that I was going to be on a reality show to run the Boston marathon on two weeks notice) I’m holding back today and playing it straight. IESB swears this isn’t a prank, either, so you’ll have to take a leap of faith and dive into the pool of trust. The rumor goes that Joss Whedon is on Marvel’s short list to direct the AVENGERS movie that Zak Penn is currently scripting. This is from the same source that let out the scoop of the SPIDER-MAN 4 reboot several months before official press.

Whedon has his throng of fans to be sure. Why, just yesterday, Air Dave817 and Kid_Zombie named him as their dream choice to take over the X-MEN movies. He’s obviously got a pedigree with Marvel, already, in case you forgot about ASTONISHING X-MEN and his run on RUNAWAYS. He was actually even a contributing screenwriter on the first X-MEN movie, though David “ Solid Snake” Hayter would end up getting all the credit. If he were to take the reigns, he’d embody a lot of qualities fans have been looking for at once. That is, he’d technically be a comics writer hopping fences and bringing more familiarity and faithfulness to the material with him, but he'd still have years of directing experience to qualify him.

The choice makes more sense to me the more I think about it. SERENITY was one of the few big genre movies I’ve seen that was able to handle 10 major characters without making anyone in the cast seem like they were just standing around to be there. Since that flick was one of my favorites the year it came out, I’ve been eager to see Whedon get another turn at features and with a studio actually getting behind him on it, this time. Like I said, were this deal to happen, it would fulfil a lot of fans’ desires.

But what do you think, oh space-western Comic Vine community? Would you want Mr. Whedon to take the Avengers to this new arena? Or is there somebody else you’d prefer? Perhaps Louis Letterier? Or Jon Favreau? Make your own short list of directors you want.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Doubt it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by grantlogan View Post
    Doubt it.
    I'm told Marvel Studios is in final negotiations for Buffy the Vampire Slayer series architect Joss Whedon to direct Marvel Studios' The Avengers. That's the fast-tracked film that would amount to an all-star team of Marvel superheros, including Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Captain America (Chris Evans), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), as well as SHIELD leader Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson). Other signature superheros will likely be involved, but I've listed the actors in active superhero duty. Whedon has been rumored for this job for awhile, and is high on the fanboy wish-list. He's an interesting choice: despite his writing/producing TV series resume, his lone feature directing effort, Serenity, was not a hit. After Iron Man 2, Marvel has three pictures left on a distribution deal with Paramount before it moves to Disney, and the studio has been churning them out. Iron Man 2 gets released in May, Captain America will begin shooting this summer in Europe, Thor is in production, and Marvel Studios just set Pete Sollett to direct Runaways, based on the comic book series created by Lost writer Brian K. Vaughan. Whedon has written installments of the latter, so he knows how to make those superheros fly. Marvel has considered all of the individual superhero movies to be an intro to The Avengers, so the wanna-see on this one will be huge. The film will be released in the first weekend of May, 2012.
    http://www.deadline.com/2010/04/marv...-the-avengers/

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Fuck yeah, give it to Joss so he can make it shitty, like all of his TV series!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/s...reynolds_n.jpg

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Until something more official is said or posted, still doubt it.

Tottenham 'til I die
    BG Level

Odesseiron your fingers are typing, you might want to look to that.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

C'mon Nathan Fillion as Hawkeye.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Qalbert, seen Moon?

The Bowie Lineage continues, in style.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Saw it today actually, thus the sigatar.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Bwaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Trichocyst View Post
    C'mon Nathan Fillion as Hawkeye.
    You mean Chris Evans, right? That seems to be the trend.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryId=13&cs=1
    Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and the Incredible Hulk will soon start taking orders from Joss Whedon.

Marvel Studios is wrapping up a deal for Whedon to helm "The Avengers," which assembles the superheroes in one pic on May 4, 2012, that Paramount will distrib. Whedon will also rework Zak Penn's script.

Whedon, a favorite among fanboys, most recently penned the script for "Cabin in the Woods," a horror pic that he is also producing for MGM. Pic co-stars Chris Hemsworth, who plays the hammer-wielding Thor.

The creator of series like "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "Angel," "Firefly" and more recently "Dollhouse," all for Fox, has been close to helming a superhero pic before, namely "Wonder Woman" for Joel Silver at Warner Bros., but Whedon wound up ankling the project due to creative issues.

"The Avengers" extends Whedon's long relationship with Marvel. He wrote for the comicbook company's "Astonishing X-Men" series.
    I know it's still not 100% finalized, but at this point I think its fair to say it's not a rumor any more.

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Whedon may not be writing it, but he knows how to do superheroes (as proven by his Astonishing X-Men contributions). I can't really think of anyone better to bring so many different big-screen superheroes together on one screen; it wouldn't work nearly as well if you tapped the creative minds behind any one of the original films.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

hope he has lots of input on the writing. he does GREAT super hero dialogue

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

The hammer is his penis.

Spoiler: show
    You're the nail

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Norellicus View Post
    Whedon may not be writing it, but he knows how to do superheroes (as proven by his Astonishing X-Men contributions). I can't really think of anyone better to bring so many different big-screen superheroes together on one screen; it wouldn't work nearly as well if you tapped the creative minds behind any one of the original films.
    second paragraph last sentence of the quote. may not be from scratch, but he IS reworking the script

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I'll give you a B+ for effort.

Whedon being involved has made me actually care about this movie now.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Joss, have my babies

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 82 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast