BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I suppose I will get balrahns, if I ever want to get into salvage.
    Now see, convincing you to see the truth was so easy. Why is it so hard to get this idea into bone-headed Sattva/Tamas owners?

MOOSE VOUCHER
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by ZhiGaruda View Post
    Now see, convincing you to see the truth was so easy. Why is it so hard to get this idea into bone-headed Sattva/Tamas owners?
    If all you have is mage jobs, than Tamas is a no brainer really. Then again, even WHM can get lots of uses out of Rajas so I'm not too sure of that. Maybe if you literally only have BLM?

It's not such a huge deal since you can get a new CoP ring though.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Definitely. And COR/WHM can definitely be of use in Salvage, as you said it's not really the norm, but hey.

If you ever ever ever plan to have a real mage job, get it. This cannot be re-quested like CoP!!! Don't make the wrong choice.
    Ulthalam's is better than Mars's Ring inside Salvage/Assault for melees. =|

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I would suggest getting Balrahn's.... Great ring in salvage/assault areas and also outside due to MACC for multiple jobs. Great choice if you ever plan to level a mage.

If all you have is mage jobs, than Tamas is a no brainer really. Then again, even WHM can get lots of uses out of Rajas so I'm not too sure of that. Maybe if you literally only have BLM?

It's not such a huge deal since you can get a new CoP ring though.
    Eh even then not really. Tamas is mainly a inventory saver. Rajas on the otherhand has a lot of benefits that you can't really get in one handy slot. I would always suggest getting Rajas over Tamas to people if they are stuck choosing for their mage or DD.

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I would suggest getting Balrahn's.... Great ring in salvage/assault areas and also outside due to MACC for multiple jobs. Great choice if you ever plan to level a mage.

Eh even then not really. Tamas is mainly a inventory saver. Rajas on the otherhand has a lot of benefits that you can't really get in one handy slot. I would always suggest getting Rajas over Tamas to people if they are stuck choosing for their mage or DD.
    I notice it is a decent ring to use for Quick Draw, is there nothing better for that purpose? Would a ranged acc. ring apply?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Kouu View Post
    Ulthalam's is better than Mars's Ring inside Salvage/Assault for melees. =|
    And since when has Mar's ring been amazing for melee's? It is a completely irrelevant (with respect to noticeable changes, not just epeen) upgrade. Balrahn's ring adds an extra tick of refresh..extremely useful in Salvage, especially pre-refresh gear. When Ulthalam's starts giving Regain, try making your argument again.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I notice it is a decent ring to use for Quick Draw, is there nothing better for that purpose? Would a ranged acc. ring apply?
    Agi rings for QD, which add acc, so basically doing exactly the same thing.

Balrahn is the only option.
    This x1000. While Ulthalam's can be replaced, refresh on your ring cannot, even if it's not constant. I feel sorry for mages who didn't pick it!

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

i wish i had picked it Q_Q SE needs to make it changable

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Yeah I don't know why they haven't already... seems pretty silly of them. They need to make nyzul armor storable as well as a bunch of other shit, get on the ball already SE!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Yeah I don't know why they haven't already... seems pretty silly of them. They need to make nyzul armor storable as well as a bunch of other shit, get on the ball already SE!
    Yeah, I remember it was especially hilarious seeing them add the re-quest CoP and the final missions to get ToAU ring in the same update.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

M.Acc rings > AGI rings for QD accuracy from my experience, and no r.acc rings don't work for QD acc.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Tested this junk, creamed my pants.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...ohn15/odin.png

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Allelujah View Post
    Tested this junk, creamed my pants.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...ohn15/odin.png
    God that's hot. What? You want us to bring stunners for Gates of Hades? Why not just bring 2 SMN's and SKIP IT?!?!

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

If it works by percent, that isn't happening.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Went from 95 to 84% with that. I was like no fucking way.

Had to time it right so it didn't SS up. I had about 1450 mp when i did it as well. Might try to time a few smn's two hours together and see the hp bar go down......

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

If it works by percent, that isn't happening.
    So far as all the testing goes, % doesn't have anything to do with it, no? People were reporting anywhere from 5-20% damage in the Odin/Alexander thread.

Somebody try this at 50% on Cerb~

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

We actually had a smn come in around 40% and they had 1500mp and they did around 400 damage.

I tried to do this on Tinnin, but I got killed right as I summoned Odin.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Allelujah View Post
    We actually had a smn come in around 40% and they had 1500mp and they did around 400 damage.

I tried to do this on Tinnin, but I got killed right as I summoned Odin.
    Well, that debunks the theory of it doing a straight percentage of HP left on the mob.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Well, that debunks the theory of it doing a straight percentage of HP left on the mob.
    How so?

Banned.

BG Level

And since when has Mar's ring been amazing for melee's? It is a completely irrelevant (with respect to noticeable changes, not just epeen) upgrade. Balrahn's ring adds an extra tick of refresh..extremely useful in Salvage, especially pre-refresh gear. When Ulthalam's starts giving Regain, try making your argument again.
    i'd venture to say that new 6dex ring might be better than a mars ring as well