+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    How so?
    5.6k damage at 94% would not equate to 400 damage at 40%, based on any straight across the board percentage. (I.E: 10% of HP left)

Now..if it's a linear scale, depending on mobs HP, that would make more sense. Something like:

MobHP 40%: 1% mob HP left=damage dealt
    MobHP 50%: 2% mob HP left=damage dealt
    MobHP 60%: 4% mob HP left=damage dealt
    MobHP 70%: 8% mob HP left=damage dealt
    MobHP 80%: 16% mob HP left=damage dealt
    MobHP 90%: 32% mob HP left=damage dealt

Of course these are totally fruitless figures at this point, but something like that would make more sense in finding a calculation. I don't know how much HP Cerberus has, and we'd need a lot more testing to prove anything of this nature.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Could also be subject to resists which could explain some lower numbers.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Could also be subject to resists which could explain some lower numbers.
    Well, since most people are reporting it as "spiritual damage" then that would also negate that possibility, as mobs such as Cerberus cannot resist spiritual damage like Atonement, Spirits Within, etc. and infact take extra damage from it.

My earlier comment in the Odin/Alexander thread was pointing out massively low damage to it, and at this point is the only one showing that low of damage when a monster is 90%+HP remaining. It also takes about 25-33% damage from Atonement/Spirits Within, so that makes sense in that respect.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Random craps I actually remembered to screen shot.
    http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/e...odinsquish.png
    http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/e...s/moglight.jpg
    2 away from 14k ; ;

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by ZhiGaruda View Post
    And since when has Mar's ring been amazing for melee's? It is a completely irrelevant (with respect to noticeable changes, not just epeen) upgrade. Balrahn's ring adds an extra tick of refresh..extremely useful in Salvage, especially pre-refresh gear. When Ulthalam's starts giving Regain, try making your argument again.
    Whoah there, E-Thug. Mars's Ring is the best TP ring for non-blitz jobs, when paired with Rajas, hands down. Ulthalam's also adds Regen to your ring, which will be equipped pretty much full-time. The upgrade is completely relevant. There's a reason the silly thing goes for ~50M. That will change if AV becomes defeatable on a regular basis, of course, but as it stands now, it is what it is.

You're telling him to get 1/tic refresh for COR over the best second TP ring for SAM (with respect to them being active). Really? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kouu View Post
    Whoah there, E-Thug. Mars's Ring is the best TP ring for non-blitz jobs, when paired with Rajas, hands down. Ulthalam's also adds Regen to your ring, which will be equipped pretty much full-time. The upgrade is completely relevant. There's a reason the silly thing goes for ~50M. That will change if AV becomes defeatable on a regular basis, of course, but as it stands now, it is what it is.

You're telling him to get 1/tic refresh for COR over the best second TP ring for SAM (with respect to them being active). Really? lol
    Pretty sure most people are going to see more use out of the new STR/Attk ring than Mars' now. Uncapped Acc is pretty hard to come by these days.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Not really. Pizza +1 still needs a decent chunk of base accuracy to work with, otherwise the 11% adds relatively less hitrate (could also switch this around and say that Pizza +1 makes accuracy gear 11% better). Ungeared accuracy for a twohander is 342 at most (WAR or SAM with merits, Mithra w/ 5 DEX merits). That's not even 380 ACC. For some events you need 380, but for some you'll need like 410 (need at least 30 ACC in gear), for some you'll want up to 450 (need over 60 ACC in gear). And mind you that's w/ max ungeared ACC, an Elvaan DRK w/ STR merits needs a decent bit more.

Non-Blitz jobs? >_>

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

SAM is a non-Blitz job and should TP in Mars's and not in Strigoi.

Konda

Quote Originally Posted by Sinharvest View Post
    2 away from 14k ; ;
    http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l1...onda/light.jpg

Just a shame I didnt DA the last kasha

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

go more of a ws question whats a good drakesbane on greater colibris

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

There was a 4k Db somewhere earlier in the thread, and some war with a 3700 Penta.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Kouu View Post

Lol, yeah, I'm totally an E-Thug.

You're missing the point here. I'm not arguing that Mars's Ring is or isn't the best for melee jobs. I'm pointing out that the upgrade from say, Sniper+1 to Mars's is no where near the effect of upgrading from hm, Snow Ring to Balrahn's ring.

Your argument is like saying the upgrade from Warlock's tabard to Dalmatica is the same as Haubergeon to Haubergeon +1. Yes, Haubergeon +1 is > Haubergeon, but there is no way you can compare a miniscule amount attack and accuracy to full blown +1/tick refresh.

I'm telling him that Balrahn's is the ONLY choice if he ever, ever plans to have a mage job leveled. It doesn't matter that his only job capable of using it at the moment is COR - this ring cannot be re-quested. That is the purpose of this "disclaimer".

Gunitsoldier

You are missing the point where some people don't do assault/salvage

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Gunitsoldier View Post
    You are missing the point where some people don't do assault/salvage
    Which makes Ulthalam even more useless? Outside Salvage it's a hunk of scrap. Balrahn's can effectively be used outside of Salvage, as well, making it even better

I like turtles.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nadrojj Rolyatt
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Derock View Post
    honestly, when i finished toau 8 years ago i never planned on leveling a mage job
    now i have rdm and completely regret ulthalam's
    /slitwrists
    Hey at least you didn't go with a Jalzahns like did!

Gunitsoldier

Quote Originally Posted by Derock View Post
    honestly, when i finished toau 8 years ago i never planned on leveling a mage job
    now i have rdm and completely regret ulthalam's
    /slitwrists
    u clear toau before it was even being created? u pro

Quote Originally Posted by Allelujah View Post
    Tested this junk, creamed my pants.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...ohn15/odin.png
    A smn got an 8.4k one on Cerby last week ill ask him where he put the Pic

We had a smn start our last odin with his odin, turned out a nice 7500 dmg.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Gcatt View Post
    We had a smn start our last odin with his odin, turned out a nice 7500 dmg.
    7499 sir why are you lieing to me!