BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post
    Keep in mind, the 26.6k Cloudsplitter was done with ~2.5k TP after Sekkanoki, the 12k CS was a resist. Also, I had a GEO (non Idris) Blaze of Glory Malaise hence the beefed up damage. With standard Malaise at 3k TP I was hitting 19k Cloudsplitter.
    Right my set is for ideal 3k TP scenarios with idris malaise acumen for the 30k objective in omen. Haven't been able to get there yet and it is annoying the crap out of me.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Right my set is for ideal 3k TP scenarios with idris malaise acumen for the 30k objective in omen. Haven't been able to get there yet and it is annoying the crap out of me.
    Been awhile since I played around with CS so I'll have to pull the set out to get more solid numbers but 22k seems pretty low for Idris malaise acumen.

Some easy to forget boost that might have been missed are KI +af3 body. Maybe start fight with swooping frenzy to give more -mdb and set up skillchain. iirc the resulting skillchain counts in that. Also maybe have the geo /sch for storm

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Been awhile since I played around with CS so I'll have to pull the set out to get more solid numbers but 22k seems pretty low for Idris malaise acumen.

Some easy to forget boost that might have been missed are KI +af3 body. Maybe start fight with swooping frenzy to give more -mdb and set up skillchain. iirc the resulting skillchain counts in that. Also maybe have the geo /sch for storm
    We've ended up just using True Flight or MS Resolution depending on setup as we can't base stuff like subjobs and stuff around me, but I'd definitely like to see some actual numbers from people or gear from people because I'm not cracking it and nobody in the XIAH thread has been able to say one way or another either.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So pulled together my old set I think. It's seriously not updated other than some newish pieces I had lying around that were obviously probably good additions and haven't really even mathed out the old pieces that well back then I think but here's what I did just running out.

Buffs were just acumen. Debuffs just malaise and swooping frenzy. The geo was a meh mule with capped merited skill but no jp, no skill outside of the dunna and no jas.

Set is
    lolguttler/Malevolence / / Pemphredo Tathlum
    taeon/sanctity neck/novio/friosmo
    taeon/taeon/Arvina Ringlet +1/Acumen Ring
    Artio's Mantle/crudelis belt/taeon/taeon

guttler is because I never made a ws axe. Malevolence only has like 6 mab, all the taeon is 20 mab, 3 wsd and 15-20 wsacc, artio is 30 str 20 mdmg/macc and 10 wsd.

I'll try again with jas and my af3 body when it finishes tomorrow but 30k seems definitely in range (really killer instinct alone would do it or geo jas) and pretty sure some easily gotten like getting better Malevolence or Baetyl Pendant maybe Jumalik helm, engraved or mab belt, Maybe mnd/str ring instead of one of the mab ones, maybe valorous (can you get mab on it?) some kind of ws axe maybe alluvion if don't care about dps.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I suppose that would work. I have most of the gear you have but now that we so reliably get it with either Resolution or TF it seems like a wasted effort. Though we did switch setups to be SAM WAR BST on one of the rotations, switching out our good WAR, so maybe I'll keep working on it in the mean time.

Combos of WSD and MAB that beat Taeon on Valorous are a fucking myth, even with DM augs. I think the new Barbarity axe will help as MH. I don't know if that'd be better than trying a MAB Kumbha or something. I should look into Malevolence or maybe 2x MAB Kumbha.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

War probably can do higher cs given gearing outside of KI hijinks anyways. Has anyone tested the skillchain thing counting I've heard of? Because that would make it ridiculously easy

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So mostly same setup but swapped body for 119 af3, swapped waist for obi with thunderstorm... but was earthday so kind of canceled out. Used killer instinct but that meant I was using lizard (well could've swapped out after hitting KI but meh) but compensated for lack of -mdb debuff with using BoG on malaise so probably still floored mdb. Oh and thundershot from 97 cor but no wizard roll because apparently that's the only dice that mule doesn't have <.<. Get a real sch in there or like a run could probably break 50k

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Pretty nice. I think I just fixed my CS problems too.

oh no

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So pulled together my old set I think. It's seriously not updated other than some newish pieces I had lying around that were obviously probably good additions and haven't really even mathed out the old pieces that well back then I think but here's what I did just running out.

Buffs were just acumen. Debuffs just malaise and swooping frenzy. The geo was a meh mule with capped merited skill but no jp, no skill outside of the dunna and no jas.

Set is
    lolguttler/Malevolence / / Pemphredo Tathlum
    taeon/sanctity neck/novio/friosmo
    taeon/taeon/Arvina Ringlet +1/Acumen Ring
    Artio's Mantle/crudelis belt/taeon/taeon

guttler is because I never made a ws axe. Malevolence only has like 6 mab, all the taeon is 20 mab, 3 wsd and 15-20 wsacc, artio is 30 str 20 mdmg/macc and 10 wsd.

I'll try again with jas and my af3 body when it finishes tomorrow but 30k seems definitely in range (really killer instinct alone would do it or geo jas) and pretty sure some easily gotten like getting better Malevolence or Baetyl Pendant maybe Jumalik helm, engraved or mab belt, Maybe mnd/str ring instead of one of the mab ones, maybe valorous (can you get mab on it?) some kind of ws axe maybe alluvion if don't care about dps.
    In all seriousness though I'm reworking my sets and looking at yours, why are you using Crudelis over Eschan Stone and AF+3 body over Aug taeon? Just for the STR/MND increase?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    In all seriousness though I'm reworking my sets and looking at yours, why are you using Crudelis over Eschan Stone and AF+3 body over Aug taeon? Just for the STR/MND increase?
    Crudelis because I haven't mathed it out/lazy to improve set on job I don't use much anymore though it should be close at least... that said if I was going the stat route I should really be using engraved or salire. af+3 body is for the augments killer effects though last I checked this usually only wins when killer instinct is up