+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil: After Life     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Interesting. I always wondered why Jill wasn't in the third movie. She was hot in the second.

And yes, I treat these movies as simple popcorn flicks, they're fun enough if you aren't looking for anything too deep.
    She was hot for like 30 seconds of screen time in which Mary-Sue McSkeeterbites made her look like a useless bimbo.

I'm looking forward to the director's wife telekinetically stopping a cruise missile fired at Cthulhu, fisting him with an iceberg instead, then lighting about 40 cigarettes with said cruise missile and giving every canon character supercancer that transforms them into the real villain, a disgusting tumorblog that Ms. Sue shoves out of an airlock in 1586 with the time machine and spaceship she invented in a moment of genius while giving Cthulhu's corpse a Cleveland Steamer. On a horse. Cue explosions with sound and fire in space. ROLL TITLE CREDITS.

Quote Originally Posted by Siniroth View Post
    RE movies?

First one was OK

Second one was wtf weak Nemesis

Third one was wtf I guess the Tyrant is fine

Fourth one will be gold if the actor they have for Wesker has the right voice
    I pretty much share your opinion of the series.

First was pretty good as far as Game > Movie transitions go. Would have been nice to see the Spencer Mansion incident like in the games but the movie wasn't too bad an adaptation.

The second was stupid, verging on retarded. Didn't think anyone could fuck up something as simple as Nemesis ( Find STARS > Kill > Repeat) but they managed it, and his "oh wait I'm a good guy" turn at the end just catapulted the move into retarded.

I can't even remember the third one. All I can recall was Vegas, Telekenesis (because you had to top the "WTF were they smoking?" from the second) and a room filled with a shitload of Millas. Oh, and a Wesker cameo.

I'm torn with this series. I love the games, and more Milla is always nice but goddamn if they aren't trying to fuck every last goddamn thing up.

The Alice character is pretty much all but Omnipotent now for fuck's sakes.

Can't wait to see them fuck up a character as badass as Wesker.

EDIT: Know what? If the last two Matrix Movies gang-raped the Resident Evil franchise the last few Resi movies would be the red-headed stepchild born from that ungodly union.
    A mulch of stupid action scenes, crap writing, and "The Fuck!?"

I still can't decide if I want to never see it to preserve the gold that is Wesker or if I want to see it on the off chance he'll be okay

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post
    She was hot for like 30 seconds of screen time in which Mary-Sue McSkeeterbites made her look like a useless bimbo.
    Useless bimbos can still be hot.

Saw a poster for this when I went to see predators, its going to be in...

Echo sound: 33333333DDDDDDDDDDD

echo echo echo

I liked the 1st one way more than any of the others. 2nd one was silly but entertaining at least.

3rd I was very dissapointed in =/.

This one looks like Blade 5.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    and more Milla is always nice
    I can't lie. If she's in a movie, I'm in. I won't see it in a theater, but I'll see it.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

gonna be cheesy, but i'll still watch it. when she pulls out the 2 saw-offed shot guns. Bad ass.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    I can't lie. If she's in a movie, I'm in. I won't see it in a theater, but I'll see it.
    I was with you until this:
    http://scifibloggers.com/wp-content/...ourth-kind.jpg

Then...ugh, it's just not worth it.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This terrible movie comes out this week.

If you go then please do tell how horrible it is.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

I'm tempted to go see it in 3D just for the simple fact that just about any movie is good in 3D when you're stoned as a goat.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

might bring in some 3d glasses and theater hop into this after machete

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

lol, it's a good idea. I think I still have my Piranha glasses lying around, lol.
    I've been kind of disappointed with the series as a whole since I was a huge RE game fan, but I'll probably still go see this. 3D just might make this shit pretty fun to watch, regardless if they stick to the game's plot.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The 3D in this supposedly uses the camera James Cameron used for Avatar 3D effect. I guess I care too much about the lolplot than action. If the 3D is any good I'll probably see it just for that.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut I doubt that.

I'd tap that turian!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just got out of this movie. I thought it was actually pretty good.

Spoiler: show
    Once they removed powers from Alice and made her a little more human/normal, it was extremely enjoyable.

Saw it in 3D since they literally were not showing a 2D version, and while there are a few gimmicky moments with shit being thrown in your face, they're few and far in between. I actually didn't mind the 3D since the majority of it was subtle (which is a goddamn first.) If they make a 5th movie, I'll definitely go watch it since the ending honestly has me curious what will happen next. I also loved the throwbacks to RE4/5 for nice touches, even if they didn't explain what the heart-device was in the movie. Oh well.

If you liked the other movies, you'll like this. I never understood all the hate around the Resident Evil movies. Any of the RE games on the big screen would be BORING (or god. fucking. awful. (Jill sandwiches anyone?)) While they aren't the best writing/cinematics ever, they're not bad in the slightest. I'd definitely recommend it, but don't expect the world.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Sounds promising. Might go see this after all.

I'd tap that turian!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Worth noting since it was brought up: Wesker's voice isn't bad. I so desperately wanted the one from RE5 either voiced over or him himself, but it was not. It's down the middle for me: It's not bad but it's certainly not great.

Everything else is fine.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I saw it earlier today. if want some good 3D, and just have some fun with the insanely stupid but hilarious over the top action. and the lack of anything even remotely resembling a plot with bad actors to boost. you'll have a good time.

I was just laughing at how terrible this movie is and enjoying it's nonsense.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

"The series has also? always stayed loyal to the video game it was based on" rofl

lol again

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

what teh fux
    I want to see this regardless, just to see how it ends etc. I believe I read somewhere it's the last in the movie series, idk how accurate that is though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast