+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

It arrives back tomorrow so I will test it (again) to see if anything has changed. Odd that they have been testing various games / movies out for hours and can't find a fault with it.

After the problems first started with FFXIII, I could barely get 10-30 mins out of any Blu-Ray game I was playing like LBP & Bayonetta.

At least they haven't charged me anything extra. I sent it in to see if they could diagnose the problem and fix it. They could have told me some bullshit about having to install a new laser when it didn't need it but instead they will just return it, no additional cost. =/

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I have a slim i bought about 2 years ago and after playing 13 for about 10 hours its having issues reading the disk when the disk is already in it when the system is turned on. Usualy i have to restart the system then put the disk in. my gf has a game about 30 hours in from about a year ago though. It doesnt freeze when i do get the game to load but dunno if its related :/

Quote Originally Posted by Aylee View Post
    I have a slim i bought about 2 years ago and after playing 13 for about 10 hours its having issues reading the disk when the disk is already in it when the system is turned on. Usualy i have to restart the system then put the disk in. my gf has a game about 30 hours in from about a year ago though. It doesnt freeze when i do get the game to load but dunno if its related :/
    Does it have problems with other discs ?

That is a bummer :\. Well if it works once you managed to load it (and doesn't have any other problems) then that's one bright side.

Sadly though it seems (according to Wikipedia) PS3s have a 10% failure rate (not sure if true but sounds about right considering I hear PS3 breaking down more from gamefaqs than Wii [Wii is said to have only 2.8% failure rate AFAIK]).

Well I suggest subscribing to Playstation Plus (through playstation network) and uploading your saves because FFXIII's saves (among other PS3 games) are protected. You can download and transfer saves through Playstation Plus.

FFXIII is semi-protected, you can load a save from another PS3 but you can't save over it (in short you can't really transfer saves with no drawbacks to another PS3).

FFXIII does "apparently" work the PS3 harder than other games (doesn't help that FFXIII doesn't install any data to HDD to reduce the load) so I guess that's one reason why people seem to start noticing problems with FFXIII more than other games.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4