Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Latest WOTG mission discussion (Mega spoilers)

So was anyone else completely shocked at that mega plot twist? That was awesome on top of all the cut scenes. Was pretty obvious they were gonna bring Odin into the mix due to him giving Shadow Lord his powers (amazing scene with him destroying all those people lol, they needed a CS stunner). Also sucks about Lilisette. Just so much, I wonder how they are going to unravel it all. I still think they should have made the Tavnazia in the past an area we could explore.

Nice how they also tied Flit into it, just seems too mind boggling that they would make everything we have done and say its in a fake reality lol. The whole deal with the allied forces defeating the Shadow Lord did seem a bit shaky also, didn't see how Cid, Zeid, Volker and I forget the other one, how they beat the Shadow Lord due to how weak they are.

I wouldn't doubt that you would have to fight Odin too for the last missions or so, maybe he would be Liliths summon. Also seems interesting how, like someone stated before in a blog post, Raiden was on the cover for the WOTG art. Would be interesting if that was somehow worked into it. Definitely going to be a amazing finish, with such a tease the last mission gave.

Has anyone uploaded all the cut scenes to youtube?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Not sure about all of them but there are a few if you search them up by mission name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUwx4...eature=related <--Darkness Descends

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO4TX...eature=related <-- Adieu, Lilisette

Last two missions.

Sagacious Sundi

For some reason, I imagine this music being used for the inevitable fight against/alongside your Spitewarden.

On a related note, a bonus fight against Haudrale/Aquila/Larzos/your party's counterparts in the Walk of Echoes with a terrible pun like "Divine Spite" just popped in my mind.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sagacious Sundi View Post
    On a related note, a bonus fight against Haudrale/Aquila/Larzos/your party's counterparts in the Walk of Echoes with a terrible pun like "Divine Spite" just popped in my mind.
    lol! That is a good one.

Bockage

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Not sure about all of them but there are a few if you search them up by mission name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUwx4...eature=related <--Darkness Descends

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO4TX...eature=related <-- Adieu, Lilisette

Last two missions.
    I've found a few other random WotG cutscenes, but not the whole story. That's why I uploaded those last two. If there is any interest I'd consider uploading the rest of the mission cutscenes for everyone. I can also upload the Windy [s] storyline, but again only if there is any interest for it.

Trigun

I hate to beat a dead horse(no pun intended) but I really hoped for Yojimbo as the new light avatar. Other then that YES the story/cs is awesome thus far.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bockage View Post
    I've found a few other random WotG cutscenes, but not the whole story. That's why I uploaded those last two. If there is any interest I'd consider uploading the rest of the mission cutscenes for everyone. I can also upload the Windy [s] storyline, but again only if there is any interest for it.
    Ah didn't realize you posted here. I haven't completed the windurst CS's yet but the main storyline would be cool to see again.

Sagacious Sundi

Quote Originally Posted by Bockage View Post
    Having quit and only being able to see the story like this, I would very much appreciate this. <3

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I always liked the Story in WOG but sadly i quit the game when Lilith stole portia after the atomos fight

can someone spoiler/PM me the continus of the story plz? isaw those 2 CS on youtube but i feel like i missed something lol

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Yeah there is a REAL important scene just before those missions that says

Spoiler: show
    the vanadiel we live in now, which they consider the future, is actually fake because the goddess couldn't stand to see what the world would become if the shadow lord had won. The allied forces stood no chance vs him so she decided to create the world we have now by making us win. It's an alternate reality compared to the one that was suppose to happen, Lilith went into the past to fix that but she wants to make it so she is the ruler or something like that. Its really good, really shocked me lol.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Few Questions:

Do the missions actually go into detail as to exactly when the altana timeline branched off the shadowreign? or was it merely just something willed into place by Altana when she saw things going downhill.

It seems like with Lilith harnessing the powers of Odin that WOTG now leads into post-TOAU affairs where the character also becomes a knight. Perhaps its all a lead in for you vs Lilith on even ground (both being Odin's knights).... it's not like Odin has ever turned down a battle.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Few Questions:

Do the missions actually go into detail as to exactly when the altana timeline branched off the shadowreign? or was it merely just something willed into place by Altana when she saw things going downhill.

It seems like with Lilith harnessing the powers of Odin that WOTG now leads into post-TOAU affairs where the character also becomes a knight. Perhaps its all a lead in for you vs Lilith on even ground (both being Odin's knights).... it's not like Odin has ever turned down a battle.
    She mentions that the SL won the war and enslaved the allied forces. Later on, a group of them banded together and made a pact with Odin and restarted their rebel in a never ending clash.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Nice how they also tied Flit into it, just seems too mind boggling that they would make everything we have done and say its in a fake reality lol. The whole deal with the allied forces defeating the Shadow Lord did seem a bit shaky also, didn't see how Cid, Zeid, Volker and I forget the other one, how they beat the Shadow Lord due to how weak they are.
    So then Dynamis is now a mise-en-abyme "Fake-Fake-reality"? Diabolos created it as an alternate world that would continue on when everything was swallowed by the Emptiness, and it now looks like, rather than being a reverse world, it's more accurate than our own.

So thus far, the links we've seen between Dynamis and the WoTG storylines have been the Relic Weapons in the past, the formation of the ill-starred Hydra Corps, and the presence of Ancient Currency. Wondering if it's going to go any further yet.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

You know it makes me wonder how kamnalaut and that kid didn't become more involved in that real future considering they wanted to get rid of the shadow lord because of the "noise" he was causing.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

You know it makes me wonder how kamnalaut and that kid didn't become more involved in that real future considering they wanted to get rid of the shadow lord because of the "noise" he was causing.
    Jeuno doesn't make it to the true Vana'Diel, as it is destroyed from looking at the visions that they show a few times. Perhaps they just don't survive the Crystal War.

Jeuno was pretty much the main base for the Allied Forces during the last periods of the war, and where they plan the attack to Xarcabard. Maybe the beastmen confederate retaliates Jeuno with full strength after getting rid of the invading forces in Zvahl, and both brothers die.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I'm sad I missed doing this. That's a very cool twist.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Few Questions:

The impression I got from it was that it branched at the moment Lilith intervened to entice Porta and Regalise into accepting Odin's pact. Thus setting off the "alternate" universe.

Also it seemed like there's more to it than we know. I don't think it's really true that our universe is a "fake" Vana'diel like Lilith's side says. It seems more like because of the actions of Cait Sith and Atamos our two universes are going to battle to the death to see which one gets to remain the "true" existence.

http://khaversiddiqi.files.wordpress...urama_ep69.jpg

Go Universe A!

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Well Cait Sith herself confirms that what Lilith says is true. Altana doesn't seperate the two until the Shadow lord actually wins.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

He says it's true that the Beastmen actually won the War, but that Lillissette and everyone from our universe are still "real", and not to think otherwise. Whatever that means. Magic solves all silly plot holes!