View Poll Results: Can I sue for the situation I stated?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 20.69%
  • No

23 79.31%
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

You might want to try talking with your bank about the overdraft fees. They can reverse those and your situation sounds like just cause for doing so. Sometimes it's easy, depending on where you bank at, to get this done.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I don't think it's fair to call him "sue happy". He just wants to get his money back by any means necessary, and he was probably worried that the bank and hotel wasn't going to make this easy. He just wanted to know if he'd be able to sue for his money back if he really had to.

When things like this happen to me, I immediately start thinking of the worse case scenarios. Especially when it involves a bank, because, in my experience, banks really love to find ways to keep peoples money.
    I thought the same, until someone pointed this out to me
    Now, because this charged happened twice, i've been lied to twice, can this be a possibility for a lawsuit on my side? I'm very close to doing so and suing them for a nice sum of money.

Title: "HUBBLE GOTCHU!" (without the quotes, of course [and without "(without the quotes, of course)", of course], etc)
    BG Level

My bad, I didn't even notice that.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Better Business Bureau... let them know.
    Companies will usually bend over backwards and stick it up their own ass in order to avoid a bad rating by the BBB.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Let's forget the nice sum of money part. I was speaking out of rage while typing the first post.

Anyways update:

Was on the phone 3way w/ the general manager of the Hyatt Place hotel, and the Fraud claims department from my bank. The 2nd pending charge from the hotel got credited back, the first charge that went through is still in the air, however i asked the general manager to fax me the proof that the charge has been refunded to my card, and now i see the refund has gone through and now i just have to wait ~72 hours for the bank to complete the process.

All in all, it's been hectic, but i hope by friday i can be in the positives again. I told the hotel to reimburse me for the overdraft charges as well, and the fraud department said that the bank will definitely take care of that, if not, then to just file a claim again.

*EDIT* Well, i looked at my banking online today, and both charges were reimbursed, but not my overdraft charges, not sure whether to just go to the bank to get my charges waived or demanding the hotel to reimburse me for the charges.

Thanks for the help and advice everyone.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Got your money back, cool beans.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

get the overdraft fees waived by your bank, usually not a big deal

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    get the overdraft fees waived by your bank, usually not a big deal
    Most banks only allow once per year or so, so that's pretty lame if you have to use it on the hotel's stupid mistake.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Chase will reimburse by default one instance (this is probably considered one instance) of overdraft charges.

P.S. Fucking cancel that Overdraft Protection shit. I'd rather get my card denied than go negative on top of a $30 fee. It took me 3 times (WaMu at the time) to get them to turn mine off. Each time I sat down with someone, told them to turn that shit off and they said "ok done" and then it happened again.

Title: "HUBBLE GOTCHU!" (without the quotes, of course [and without "(without the quotes, of course)", of course], etc)
    BG Level

Starting July 1st, it will be illegal for banks to charge overdraft fees unless the customer opts into the program, I think (did this law pass?). I didn't know there was already an option to opt out.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Starting July 1st, it will be illegal for banks to charge overdraft fees unless the customer opts into the program, I think (did this law pass?). I didn't know there was already an option to opt out.
    I think it indeed may have because I just got a text today from Chase advertising to me their Overdraft Protection, which had always been default to this day with only the option of hassling to turning it off so your card simply gets "denied."

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Talked to the claims dept again, overdraft fees waived. everything's good now.

thank you all for the help.

BG Level

All we get is a "thank you"? No compensation for our services?

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

You could sue them, but it would be a waste of time. Just call the damn hotel and politely explain the situation to them. Also, why doesn't your job provide you with a work credit card. These type of expenses aren't usually payed for by the worker. Especially if it requires major expenses like hotel fees.

-V

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    You could sue them, but it would be a waste of time. Just call the damn hotel and politely explain the situation to them. Also, why doesn't your job provide you with a work credit card. These type of expenses aren't usually payed for by the worker. Especially if it requires major expenses like hotel fees.

-V
    he already got his money back, bro

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Kind of wondering what happened with your case the same thing happened to me and I personally and the last one to take legal action on anything but also don't like having my money messed with and being brushed aside by both parties and told by each that it is the other's responsibility to take care of it.

to anyone that reads a concern like this from someone that wants to respond with gaslighting you are not being productive and simply like the sound of your own voice or the look of the words you type that are yours in this case LOL. if you cannot say something productive don't say anything at all.

Freedom of speech and all that but seriously why would you take someone that is already down and kick them like that. If you really think you are smarter than the person posting or want to judge people find people like yourself that speak their mind regardless of how it might affect another person and do it together with them. Grow the heck up people

User was infracted for this post.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

11 year bump. That a record?

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Dear BG Legal: Can i sue for getting double charged? (Please read)

What the fuck LOL!

Damn, i honestly forgot about this story.