1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 28 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 16 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -7 hours, -32 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level

#50 is the best.

EDIT: Bolded for emphasis.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

OST Discovery? Kinda cool.

I think maybe the OST isnt as big as we think. If you noticed. a lot of the songs even on the v2 just cut off. I think that's because some of the songs are actually single songs with multiple parts, maybe because they wanted certain parts to start at the start of cutscenes or something, I'm not sure, but I love track 43 and 2d, and hd them playing back to back on my sound system, and I was listening along to the first song.. then I noticed... it was the second song.

I had to look back, I was listening closely and didnt even notice when the songs switched.

I think 2d is a second part of 42.

It goes 42->2d

Try it. It might just be 2 songs that follow eachother extremely well, but it sounds too perfect.

I could be completely wrong though, probably am, just thought it was pretty cool.

people keep saying "cut off". i thought they were meant to be this way so they when they loop they're seamless. at least some of them seem to be meant to do so.

i love the soundtrack so far. although, many of them sound the same. maybe i just need visuals to go along with them.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by aldyn View Post
    people keep saying "cut off". i thought they were meant to be this way so they when they loop they're seamless. at least some of them seem to be meant to do so.

i love the soundtrack so far. although, many of them sound the same. maybe i just need visuals to go along with them.
    Yeah, a lot that cut off seem like they cut off in a place that is half way through a note, but if you listen, like 5 seconds before the cutoff is could restart seamlessly, so maybe they just had the song go on longer and have it loop in the game scripts or somethin.

But rly. 42 -> 2d, put them both in windows media player and listen, its like impossible to tell when one ends and one starts.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

42 and 2d are completely different <_<

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ashton Frohninhard
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Drac View Post
    42 and 2d are completely different <_<
    Yeah I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be hearing here.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

42 has a jungle-y feel to it (like kazham) and 2d has piano. I don't hear it.

Little Mother
    BG Level

Merging threads, don't need 3 music threads.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Azurewrath View Post
    I think maybe the OST isnt as big as we think. If you noticed. a lot of the songs even on the v2 just cut off. I think that's because some of the songs are actually single songs with multiple parts, maybe because they wanted certain parts to start at the start of cutscenes or something, I'm not sure, but I love track 43 and 2d, and hd them playing back to back on my sound system, and I was listening along to the first song.. then I noticed... it was the second song.

I had to look back, I was listening closely and didnt even notice when the songs switched.

I think 2d is a second part of 42.

It goes 42->2d

Try it. It might just be 2 songs that follow eachother extremely well, but it sounds too perfect.
    Oh SNAP. It would be awesome if this game did some dynamic music ala Twilight Princess or SotC.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

A PM would be much appreciated if possible. Thanks!

Edit: That was extremely fast, many thanks!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Derp, my mistake, it's 43 and 2D. Not 42 D:

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Well that makes more sense. You're right, I didn't notice the change at all.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Does anyone know where track 32 is from? I seem to have heard it somewhere before, just can't recall where.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

If you're listening to the v2 rip, each track is essentially complete.
    We've been using terms 'cut off', because they end off abruptly, not because they aren't complete.
    This is unlike with OSTs, where they will loop the track and let it end if it can, or fade out when appropriate.

The main reason why these tracks are so short and cut off is because there's really no need for the tracks further than that point with the ability to loop them.
    They definitely don't sound like they loop properly given how the tracks end, but in-game music looping isn't that simplistic. Since everything is already digital, the looping itself is "virtual' loop.

The tracks are designated loop starting and end points, because just as all the tracks don't seem loopable from the back, a lot of them cannot simply start looping from the start (as an example, think of FF8s battle theme).

In other words, the tracks available to us are completed. I'm fairly certain that Uematsu's work is already done, because music is one of the earliest components of the game to go into production. But there may be other tracks not included in the Alpha, or other versions of tracks that he decided to rearrange or remaster.

edit: anyway for those trying to put names to tracks for easier reference..

Spoiler: show

it seems like these are the only ones known atm.

1B - Battle (Gamescom Alpha)
    1C - Prelude
    3B - Limsa Lominsa
    3C - La Noscea
    15 - Battle (Alpha)
    40 - ? de Chocobo
    46 - Final Fantasy
    51 - Victory Fanfare
    52 - Victory

and the other that have 'officially' appeared...

0C - trailer and website, (battle probably)
    2E - website, concerts
    33 - installer
    35 - website, (town probably)
    41 - website
    42 - installer
    43 - trailer

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    If you're listening to the v2 rip, each track is essentially complete.
    We've been using terms 'cut off', because they end off abruptly, not because they aren't complete.
    This is unlike with OSTs, where they will loop the track and let it end if it can, or fade out when appropriate.

The main reason why these tracks are so short and cut off is because there's really no need for the tracks further than that point with the ability to loop them.
    They definitely don't sound like they loop properly given how the tracks end, but in-game music looping isn't that simplistic. Since everything is already digital, the looping itself is "virtual' loop.

The tracks are designated loop starting and end points, because just as all the tracks don't seem loopable from the back, a lot of them cannot simply start looping from the start (as an example, think of FF8s battle theme).

In other words, the tracks available to us are completed. I'm fairly certain that Uematsu's work is already done, because music is one of the earliest components of the game to go into production. But there may be other tracks not included in the Alpha, or other versions of tracks that he decided to rearrange or remaster.
    You really think that the 8-bit synth song is complete?? Sounds like a midi.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rufus9 View Post
    You really think that the 8-bit synth song is complete?? Sounds like a midi.
    its complete. if it sounds like a midi, that was intentional.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraph Altima
    FFXIV Server
    Mateus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

I clicked on a couple on grooveshark and the ones I landed on all sounded really up-tempo, electronic, almost industrial battle music. I can get randomly landing on one or two such songs, but all four? Meh.

Found a torrent with the whole thing. Looking forward to blasting it tomorrow when the husband leaves for work. Muahaha.

SE shouldn't be upset that it got leaked, even if they are approaching it from a "we need to sell OSTs" standpoint. The way I see it, the only people who buy music anymore are people who just want official pretty hard copies of their crap. It's like buying collector editions these days. Those who want to buy will buy regardless (and after being able to preview it, there will likely be more buyers) and those who weren't going to buy it under any circumstance still won't. Meh.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

1B = FF9 Hunter's Chance

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisa View Post
    those who weren't going to buy it under any circumstance still won't. Meh.
    watch SE bundle an in-game item with it.
    It's happened before with FFXI already.

Quote Originally Posted by Boom View Post
    1B = FF9 Hunter's Chance
    understandably style similarities due to it being Uematsu, but the tracks themselves are not similar at all. they follow entirely different rhythm structures.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Nazgrel

Bah, I had to re-register after being gone a year.

Anyways, PM would be nice :3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast