1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 34 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 17 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 16 hours, 34 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

GDI, now I need to play LoM again. I agree with Yoko Shimomura being great, between PE, LoM and KH, she's done a lot of music for games I love.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Street Fighter 2 as well... which shocked the hell out of me when I found out.
    All the stage theme's besides Sagat's (and the new challengers too, I think) are her work if I remember correctly!

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

She did Guile's Theme?

I just got 15 boners.

Haha, I never knew that about SF2. So that's why the music owns.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Yeah, she's freaking amazing.
    I really hope we get something from her in XIV... I mean, just imagine something like this for a normal battle theme. (this is the random battle music for Xenoblade, it plays sorta like a MMO but it's a single player RPG on Wii)

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

One of her older works that I enjoyed was Live-A-Live on the SFC. It was an RPG by Square that never officially came to the states.

Little Mother
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Domon Kasshu View Post
    Yeah, she's freaking amazing.
    I really hope we get something from her in XIV... I mean, just imagine something like this for a normal battle theme. (this is the random battle music for Xenoblade, it plays sorta like a MMO but it's a single player RPG on Wii)

Might have to edit my ingame music in FF14 after hearing this. That is amazing

If you can edit ingame music with stuff like that, I fear that very little of the original OST will remain.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Does anyone have a way to swap out the music files for others yet?

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

FFXIV's Battle Tracks and Field Tracks are out btw..
    they're ridiculously small single discs.. with only 17 tracks between them..

for an idea of the music's usage in the game

field tracks
    1. title (prelude)
    2. LL
    3. la noscea
    4. gridania
    5. black shroud
    6. Ul'dah
    7. thanalan
    8. not really sure

battle tracks
    1. character select (theme of FF)
    2. 2ndary guildleve song (the one used in trailers b4)
    3. LL battles
    4. LL leve fights
    5. Gridania battles
    6. Gridania leve fights
    7. Ul'dah battles
    8. Ul'dah leve fights
    9. Victory fanfare.

And thats it. no music from crafting, cutscenes, and so on.. i wonder what possessed them to split the OST up so much.. they're not really worth individual purchases..

and could i say at this point that I'm quite disappointed with the music thus far? I mean, it was one thing to judge the music when we didn't know what went were back when i leaked the OST, but now that we know how they're used in-game, it makes a whole lot of difference.

imo, all 3 area battle themes are made of suck with that progressive rock nonsense... LL's one is the best imo because its the least annoying. the battlecraft leve tracks are great tho. I love those...

Ul'dah gets my vote for best town and area around town theme of the 3.
    Limsa and La Noscea have always felt like an odd pairing imo, since the music for La Noscea doesn't reflect any influence of piratey or seaside-ish themes, or the grandness of LL's theme.
    Black Shroud gets my vote for worst starter area music. not only is it annoying repetitive, it is entirely ambient unlike its counterparts in the other 2 nations, and probably makes the region feel a lot more hostile than it really is. what makes it even more disgusting is how incongruous the Black Shroud's music and the Gridania battle theme is.

Thank goodness i started in Ul'dah.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

I sort of feel like a jerk registering to post in this forum, but the way SE is doing the OSTs at present makes me sad. I want my Coerthas battle theme! ( Mor Dhona is also creepy as hell, but wickedly wonderful)
    So PM please, if that's okay.

Also, you guys are making me want to go play Legend of Mana again.. although I think my favorite battle theme might've been the one against Irwin (trying to take him on in No Future mode with a crappy 68 atp sword at lvl 95, with Lucemia in theopposite corner from my house, was a mistake...although I went back with a 368 atp greatsword and oneshot him with Raging Pain ^^; )

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Honestly, I turned off the BGM a week ago.
    And suddently guildleves became bearable, and the Black Shroud actually pretty cool (rolling thunder, rain you didn't notice before).
    It's sad when you have to mute Uematsu, but he just rushed stuff this time.