Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Game crashing on full screen mode. Java.exe huh?

I hope this is ok to post in Advanced. I thought about posting in Tech but this seems to be directly related to the game.

So I woke up this morning and was going to try to finish campaign medal. I decided to use full screen mode. Idk why.. I just felt like it. When I get to the "Accept" screen and click it the game crashes and a windows error screen comes up and says, "Java.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close". Also behind it the POL screen will come up. "Full screen mode was lost" I have never seen this before. I turned off my antivirus cause this software brand has had a lot of problems lately. Still didn't work. I did a file check of POL and FFXI but it said no problems. I went back and set it in windowed mode and then everything seems to work as normal. I didn't think the game even used Java. O_o Is anyone else having this problem?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

As far as I know it doesn't use java. Try running it in official windowed mode and see if it crashes then too.

As for it kicking you off the game in full screen mode, that's most likely because the error message stating that Java.exe has crashed popped up and most popups tend to kick you off which is really annoying. Open Task Manager and see if you can find it, and if so, force close it before running. It might be something as simple as you left a browser window open with a java game running.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kegsay View Post
    As far as I know it doesn't use java. Try running it in official windowed mode and see if it crashes then too.

As for it kicking you off the game in full screen mode, that's most likely because the error message stating that Java.exe has crashed popped up and most popups tend to kick you off which is really annoying. Open Task Manager and see if you can find it, and if so, force close it before running. It might be something as simple as you left a browser window open with a java game running.
    ^ This, use windowed mode.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I'm not using Windower.
    It's not a pop up. It's a Microsoft Windows error message. It comes up right after I hit "Accept" while signing on. Then I get the message that "Full screen mode was lost -1"
    I didin't have any Java applications going at the time and it still did it.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It's not a pop up. It's a Microsoft Windows error message.
    I know that, however my point is, much like popups, the error message will force close FFXI by exiting full screen mode.

I'm not using Windower.
    That's why I said try it (official one) and let us know if it crashes with it running as well.

Honestly if you're just going to gloss over what we write then why bother posting at all?

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

He normally runs in the official windowed mode, but official fullscreen crashes him due to the java error popup. No comment on the java error or what could be causing it, but if you want to try fullscreen, Windower's false fullscreen (set resolution equal to your desktop) will prevent crashing due to the java bug.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Do you have the JAVA icon in your taskbar? close it out before running the game. Seems like a no-brainer if you haven't done that yet. If its a java.exe error, then uninstall it or something.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

screenshot?