1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 30 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 16 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -7 hours, -30 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: JustinTV - Pookypoo     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thanks Pooky!

Vacht

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    God this is so ridiculous

For someone who is a supposed "loyal fan" you sure don't act like one. Knowingly breaking their NDA first and then turning around and saying they're wrong for "not listening" to players.

Square is a real company in the real world and an NDA is a standard procedure for all alpha/beta tests. A lot of you guys don't like it, but it's silly to second guess their decisions. Look, Pooky is not some perfectly immoral anti-christ for breaking their NDA, but neither is he the pinnacle of herodom for indulging your nerdly desires.

He agreed to certain conditions, he intentionally didn't stick to it, and so his access was predictably terminated. That's it, nothing more and nothing less. But I guess because you're going to school for something vaguely related to gaming and technology you know what's better for them than they do, and so it's okay?

I can only laugh at your own weird justification by acting like your some people's champion for egalitarianism. By making it so no one is "special" and everyone gets "equal" access. Something like-minded idiots have eaten up for example this person who says:

"You want to be special so bad. You want to have access to things other people don't, and pull a hissy fit when people get equal treatment"

What the fuck? Yes I'm sure that's exactly what is going on here. Square has been planning this for years. They hate equality and they're here to put a stop to it with their evil and pernicious invite only beta testing.

He showed some footage of a game being tested for Christ's sake. He didn't legalize voting for minorities.

Id tell you to bend over, but it looks like you already did.

I hope youre just playing devil's advocate... Did you not spend 30 dollars on wings of the goddess to find out the content was shit? Did you not lose friends who didnt dupe during the salvage bans? Did you not suffer from that fucking 72 hour update? And other countless 24 hr updates? WITHOUT COMPENSATION?

So fucking what that we finally got some shit for free!

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

For someone who is a supposed "loyal fan" you sure don't act like one. Knowingly breaking their NDA first and then turning around and saying they're wrong for "not listening" to players.

Square is a real company in the real world and an NDA is a standard procedure for all alpha/beta tests. A lot of you guys don't like it, but it's silly to second guess their decisions. Look, Pooky is not some perfectly immoral anti-christ for breaking their NDA, but neither is he the pinnacle of herodom for indulging your nerdly desires.

He agreed to certain conditions, he intentionally didn't stick to it, and so his access was predictably terminated. That's it, nothing more and nothing less. But I guess because you're going to school for something vaguely related to gaming and technology you know what's better for them than they do, and so it's okay?

I can only laugh at your own weird justification by acting like your some people's champion for egalitarianism. By making it so no one is "special" and everyone gets "equal" access. Something like-minded idiots have eaten up for example this person who says:

"You want to be special so bad. You want to have access to things other people don't, and pull a hissy fit when people get equal treatment"

What the fuck? Yes I'm sure that's exactly what is going on here. Square has been planning this for years. They hate equality and they're here to put a stop to it with their evil and pernicious invite only beta testing.

He showed some footage of a game being tested for Christ's sake. He didn't legalize voting for minorities.
    You either wooshed, or have not read a good portion of the last 30 pages of the 150+ page thread.

Chonataru

E-fame.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Thanks Pooky, was nice to get a glimpse at FF14 gameplay :D

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I'm writing a song to honor the first legendary FFXIV player. It goes to the tune of Winnie-the-Pooh so here goes:

Deep in the heart of Hydaelin,
    Where alpha testers played,
    He made a video of the
    Very first alpha phase.
    A midget named Izzy is his friend,
    And Fenryl, and little Kuno.
    There's Draw Deety, and a token roegadyn
    But most of all Poo-ky-poo!

Poo-ky-poo,
    Poo-ky-poo,
    Wiped his little tushy with the N-D-A
    He's Poo-ky-poo.
    Poo-ky-poo.
    Willy, nilly, silly, lalafell!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

No.

New Odin
    BG Level

I guess this is how Bible was created. Some random guy did something almost noteworthy, got owned by 'the government' and few weeks later he is a son of God among men.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    I guess this is how Bible was created. Some random guy did something almost noteworthy, got owned by 'the government' and few weeks later he is a son of God among men.
    Now we just need for Pooky to rise from the dead(get his account restored). And then he'll be the true messiah.

Vacht

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Now we just need for Pooky to rise from the dead(get his account restored). And then he'll be the true messiah.
    Yeah, and he will have to unfortunately come out of the vagina of some A-sexual woman they call virgin mary. Thats his true test.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Holy shit, you mad bro.

Your post... damn, guy, you should read the threads before posting, cause you look like you have no idea what the shit happened

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

All she did was let anyone who cared enough to look for it see the alpha version, which considering the majority of alpha testers are probably doing the same for their friends is more than equitable.

No sympathy for butthurt alpha testers from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vacht View Post
    Yeah, and he will have to unfortunately come out of the vagina of some A-sexual woman they call virgin mary. Thats his true test.
    You didn't see the Galka called Mary? For shame! You know... since Galka are a-sexual...

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boye Fran
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Pretty much what I've gathered from this thread:

Non-Alpha Testers: Awesome, man. FFXIV looks awesome and exciting! Thanks Pooky!

Alpha Testers: NOOOO! MY EXCLUSIVITYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

Vacht

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    You didn't see the Galka called Mary? For shame! You know... since Galka are a-sexual...
    lol gross

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

In the end after watching this drama for the past couple of days...

2.4 Beta Tester's Obligations with Respect to Infringement of Company's Proprietary Rights
    The Beta Tester shall promptly report to Company any infringement, attempted infringement, or other unauthorized use of any Products, Software, Documentation, or other materials owned or controlled, directly or indirectly, by Company, including the intellectual property rights therein, and will cooperate with Company in any efforts to enforce its rights with respect to such infringement, attempted infringement, or unauthorized use.
    I don't agree with the actions of Kailea. Nothing in the agreement said you had to gather other testers and make a huge thread about it, when they should be focusing on finding bugs. I went to the FF 14 beta support site myself, and I found the e-mail fill-out form in the support section to contact SE about anything. This contradicts Kailea's post about there not being "...a place to do so, other then here..." /sigh. What a douche-bag. Also, the NDA DOESN'T matter. If SE really wanted no information leaked, they would have held a secret alpha test in their own company building. Only people who care about reporting others are a bunch of losers with nothing better to do except self-glorify themselves with their random selection of bestowed rights. The fact it turned out like this is why there is this notion that the testers, or one of them thinks they were chosen by God.

As far as the "egalitarianism, "... well that's why things are leaked, and this was something SE let happen. This did not harm the game at all, and it's obvious from this whole community that mostly everyone except the testers appreciated what Pooky did, and is more convinced about buying the game. I mean really, it didn't harm the turn-out for SE's profit because this isn't a pirated movie. This is a game that you have to purchase a cd-key and online subscription to play.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Were there any leaks during XI's Alpha/Beta phases?

Vacht

Quote Originally Posted by Klaatu View Post
    I dont know if anyone cared enough about the game at the time. But i wouldnt be surprised if there were in japan.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boye Fran
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Klaatu View Post
    There were leaks in Japan. I don't remember any for NA though. Prolly were, but not anything like this right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vacht View Post
    I dont know if anyone cared enough about the game at the time. But i wouldnt be surprised if there were in japan.
    nail hammer etc...