1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 23 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 2 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 7 hours, 23 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: JustinTV - Pookypoo     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    There's no reason to be mad with him or anything, but there's also no reason for half the FFXI community to worship him now. If I were him I'd be waiting for a letter / court summons in the mail now, lol. Going to court over something so stupid is suddenly going to become the next page in the history book eh?
    You're an idiot... that's all there is to it. :/

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

There's no reason to be mad with him or anything, but there's also no reason for half the FFXI community to worship him now. If I were him I'd be waiting for a letter / court summons in the mail now, lol. Going to court over something so stupid is suddenly going to become the next page in the history book eh?
    That's a pretty dubious statement right there lol. I think you might be confusing "worship" with really sincere appreciation, especially due to the expense, per se, of bringing us all this info.

As far as court-bound for a consequence? The account was terminated from testing, I'd be willing to bet money that's as far as it'll go

Quote Originally Posted by Naos View Post
    That's a pretty dubious statement right there lol. I think you might be confusing "worship" with really sincere appreciation, especially due to the expense, per se, of bringing us all this info.

As far as court-bound for a consequence? The account was terminated from testing, I'd be willing to bet money that's as far as it'll go
    I said worship because of all the people starting to use the pookypoo martyr sig and JP's saying "we are the sons of poo", they're acting like he's some sort of hero. It's too early to really pass judgment yet, so just ignore what I said, I'll have "told you so" later on... (a month from now when people are still idolizing pooky)

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    You're an idiot... that's all there is to it. :/
    You don't even have a decent bit to contribute to the conversation, or do you?

Fine. 1) No one here worships him, we appreciate being able to watch him play the alpha so that we could see how the game has progressed.

2) Penalty for breaking the NDA? Having his account banned. Done. Nothing more.

3) Yes it was a risk. He obviously knew them before he even started streaming. But as others have said, we still appreciate him doing it as there were 1500+ people watching last night.

That's pretty much it I believe. I think people talking about the "sons of pooky" find it humorous rather than, "OMG SO AWESOME". If they want to make a shell like that who really cares. No one will really give a crap once the Beta starts.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Are people online always this friendly?

I appreciate what Pooky did, but ofc he'd get caught and the NDA does say to report any violations you find.
    The other guy was a jerk about it yes, but reading some comments it seems like people feel a right to get leaked information and get extremely offended when that 'right' is taken away.

People whining about NDA breakers and acting like crusaders, and others forming mobs whining about the first group whining... and now I'm whining about all the whining going on! Arh, I've become part of the system. God damnit!

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Suramar

Thanks for taking the risk and streaming your alpha run Pooky. It was greatly appreciated and it gave hundreds of non-testers the chance to at least have a glimpse of what the game is looking to be. Cheers ^^

Risk - The chance that an investment's actual return will be different than expected. This includes the possibility of losing some or all of the original investment. It is usually measured using the historical returns or average returns for a specific investment.

Copied and pasted to prove a point

-implies there's a chance of not losing or having bad results, and there was no chance that pooky would not be banned...

Edit in reply to following post: Apparently you are just as ignorant as you claim I am, I never said was mad or "butthurt" about pooky's stream, I am disappointed that the content was spoiled for me being someone who couldn't login once for the whole 4 hours, but that's my fault for watching. Pooky is not my enemy. However, those white knighting for him are.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I said worship because of all the people starting to use the pookypoo martyr sig and JP's saying "we are the sons of poo", they're acting like he's some sort of hero. It's too early to really pass judgment yet, so just ignore what I said, I'll have "told you so" later on... (a month from now when people are still idolizing pooky)
    Or you could try getting a sense of humor, I guess. If you're gonna track me down in a month just to say I told you so I think you need to find a better use of your time ~.^

People are still going to be appreciative in a month, and I think he? (sorry Pook not sure if you're male or female!) appreciates... people being appreciative. That's a heck of a lot of appreciation right there.

After all, he made a sacrifice that a lot of other testers (even those who are *gasp* breaking the NDA as it is) wouldn't be willing to make. It was his choice done for the greater good of the peanut gallery sitting here fawning over new information. I don't think it's unexpected that people who have devoted years of time and love (sometimes hate) to FFXI are gonna want info on the successor.

Anyway, enough rambling from me. Some people are gonna love, some people are gonna be butthurt.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

It's funny how SE "Accidently" allowed it to stream for the full 4 hours before they decided to enforce the ToS

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by laciant View Post
    It's funny how SE "Accidently" allowed it to stream for the full 4 hours before they decided to enforce the ToS
    I think they are quite lenient to a certain degree.
    There's a lot of leaking going on and they knew that would happen with public testing.
    But they step in when they feel it's too serious a matter to just let it be.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Way to go NA alpha testers to ruin NA's lol reputation even more.

JP - organized, quiet, and clean leaks
    EU - lol
    NA - bitching, finger pointing, name calling, fighting, complaining etc and best leaks

Only in America!

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I wish I spammed laugh some more. It was so awesome.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    I wish I spammed laugh some more. It was so awesome.
    Yes it was.
    Kuno, the hahafell lol

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by zephys View Post
    I think they are quite lenient to a certain degree.
    There's a lot of leaking going on and they knew that would happen with public testing.
    But they step in when they feel it's too serious a matter to just let it be.
    I agree, but I'm thinking surely they knew about the stream alot sooner and waited till the end for the free publicity then enforced the rules. At least it seemed like a possibility.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

If it could have been set up where Pooky could have selected who could view, a better outcome could have been had.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Thank you Pooky. We all got to see the game with the few Alpha testers and that is a very appreciated thing for all of us.

SE probably appreciated it too. 1600+ people saw the game last night, and for the most part were on the edge of their seats loving it - and perhaps some of the people who weren't sure if they wanted to play or not all got on board and will purchase it at release.
    I heard on more than one occasion someone saying "I'm definately playing now". You might've did them a service too.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Been scowering this Justin TV site for a subscribe button, is there none?

how will i know when future live shows start? I am interested.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kuky the Byky View Post
    Been scowering this Justin TV site for a subscribe button, is there none?

how will i know when future live shows start? I am interested.
    You follow forums and such. You can't expect live streams, they will end up like this. Just have to be paying attention when testing windows are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyprophet View Post
    Thank you Pooky. We all got to see the game with the few Alpha testers and that is a very appreciated thing for all of us.

SE probably appreciated it too. 1600+ people saw the game last night, and for the most part were on the edge of their seats loving it - and perhaps some of the people who weren't sure if they wanted to play or not all got on board and will purchase it at release.
    I heard on more than one occasion someone saying "I'm definately playing now". You might've did them a service too.
    That was me as well, i had some doubt's if i would even end up playing FFXIV at all... But thanks to Pooky for streaming cause ill definitely be picking this up come release.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    You follow forums and such. You can't expect live streams, they will end up like this. Just have to be paying attention when testing windows are coming.
    i meant for the ffxi ones pooky has mentioned a couple of times.

you know like ustream and blogtv have subscription functions when you get an email notification when a show starts? i love live shows :/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast