BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Spekkio View Post
    has an accurate way to judge how a piece of equipment will scale under lvl sync been figured out? for example, i'd like to minimize the gear i need on hand to xp on sam and i'd like to have a set that will let me xp at lvl 37 and at 62+ with as much overlap as is feasable. how, for example, would an amemet+1 scale vs a besieger mantle at 37-41? spike earrings+1 vs beetle?
    I can't speak for melee equipment, but my recollection is that level-cap HQ equipment with similar stats will beat out level sync gear. For example, prism cape will be worse than black cape +1 under level sync.

You may want to make Spellcast adjustments for obvious things like gear that will lose all their usefulness because of the way level sync stats are dropped, but beyond that, I wouldn't worry about it unless you're doing a tough capped BC.

If you're still curious, don't forget that the level capped areas still exist for now.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Other than merits... What can SAM use polearm on? Trying to determine merits -.-

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesio View Post
    Other than merits... What can SAM use polearm on? Trying to determine merits -.-
    Goddamn near everything.

Seriously.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So are GK merits even worth it at this point? My problem is I use NIN for soloing, so I wanted to go 8/8 eva and 8/8 katana... So I wasn't sure how I should distribute the remaining 8 on SAM.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Anyone can give me tips on low manning Scylla?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You'll be near or at capped accuracy on anything you GKT (Sushi/Pizza) and the Attack only benefits the TP phase damage, barely if at all the WS phase damage. GKT merits are some of the least influential imo.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

What the hell do you solo on NIN that you NEED 8 Katana and 8 Eva merits?

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    You'll be near or at capped accuracy on anything you GKT (Sushi/Pizza) and the Attack only benefits the TP phase damage, barely if at all the WS phase damage. GKT merits are some of the least influential imo.

I am sad face to hear about the gkt merits =( maybe I should merit gkt for my sam and drg...

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by xIndustrialxAngelx View Post
    I am sad face to hear about the gkt merits =( maybe I should merit gkt for my sam and drg...
    If you meant Polearm, sure.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Nevermind.. Figured it out.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Hyriu View Post
    What the hell do you solo on NIN that you NEED 8 Katana and 8 Eva merits?
    Never mind the fact that you can only have 4 Eva merits. lol

My current slug shot is @ 1101 on Greater Colibri without minuet with squid sushi. Why the damage wont go up even with brd's minuet? It does go up with chaos roll thou. I have 4 merits in gun as my left over merits.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...410_014636.png

Anyway other gears would improve my slug shot to improve my current damage on SS?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I would like to make a Soulsaber with +10macc but I am not sure about the best hunting places for the trials.
    First one is killing 100leeches under a weather condition. West of Nashmau seems best for that. 2nd trial would be beetles under either rainy, snow, earth or darkness weather. Can only think of Crawlers nest for that. 3rd is killing 100 under darkness weather. Again near Nashmau seems comfortable. 4th is aquans under drakness weather. I can't think of a good spot. 5th is amorphs under darkness weather. 6th is Ahrimans under darkness weather. I can only think of Glacier[S].

So at the moment aquans and amorphs are rather blank for me. I would appreciate some input there or better hunting spots.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quicksand caves is another option for beetles. Mire works for amorphs, do leeches again, it gets dark weather. For Ahriman, perhaps Castle Vazhl Baleys? I think it also gets dark weather.

How do Mary's Horn and Nursemaid's Harp affect Lullaby? I had always thought that +1 adds 3 seconds duration, and +2 adds 6 seconds. However when I went to actually test it, +1 didn't add any duration, and +2 added 4 seconds.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

for asuran fists, i understand that keeping capped acc is the most important thing, but after that what should my priorities be? stacking str and vit to hit dmg tiers? can someone refresh my memory as to what those are? i know attack helps to a certain point, but i figure that will take care of itself with slots i cant put str on. can someone post an ideal asuran set for say, salvage bosses? thanks.
    atm i use:
    destroyers/--/--/astrolabe
    Shura/Faith/aesir/ethereal
    KO/bando's/rajas/uthalams
    amemet+1/virtuoso/shura/usu

working on a gorget, and on the final fight for moogle kupo d'etat fight, tips on what to tweak, what augments to get? i'm feeling str ws acc, acc and attack is the way to go, but with my current set up that would be far overkill on acc. use the MKD hat and use BB instead of virtuoso? should i use denali feet over usu feet for the +3 str? usukane legs over shura? on earrings, should i try to get str earrings? thanks.

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Okay so after being a career mage I am leveling MNK.

I did want to ask for WS like Asuran Fists thats 8-fold attack, is it just better to go all out acc for the WS since the mods are only 10% vit 10% strength?

Also even if a WS has a mod of only DEX, str would still increase its damage right?

I ask because I am getting the kupo helm with 4str +15 ws acc, 10acc +5 atk augments and thats 25 acc from one piece, should I keep going or can I do str on the other slots? Also how much acc do I want for some easy EM stuff vs say gods?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirschy View Post
    Anyone can give me tips on low manning Scylla?
    1 good rdm/nin + as many smn as you want or 1 average rdm/nin + 1 brd + as many smn as you want

treat it like rapido and never give it tp

(also dagger never drops and is beaten by magian, don't bother if it's for that)

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

With the new Magian Trial guns, except for Death Penalty, the DMG +12 MaB+5 is now top for QD? If not, what is, barring Death Penalty?

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Dathus View Post
    With the new Magian Trial guns, except for Death Penalty, the DMG +12 MaB+5 is now top for QD? If not, what is, barring Death Penalty?
    39+7 dmg gun

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast