• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

How do I turn off auto bolding in word?

In typing outlines I constantly have to move the cursor and when I re-click on a level it auto-bolds the text for that level. How do I stop this?! It may sound simple, but it is SO FUCKING ANNOYING to constantly have to click the bold icon every time I want to re-click on a new level. Some of the documents I'm typing are 40+ pages and again it's SO FUCKING ANNOYING.

I think I know what starts it, just clicking the fucking bold icon once. After that it wants to bold the text for every new level.

In what word processor?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

MS Word 2007.

Does it turn off when you type a semi-colon? i.e. Text:Not bold now.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

It did not. It stayed bold.

Try:
    Start Button > Word Options > Proofing > AutoCorrect Options > "AutoFormat As You Type" Tab > Unselect "Format beginning of list item like the one before it".

That what you're trying for?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

I tried that previously and that didn't work either. I seemed to have fixed it for the moment though. It makes no logical sense but, I selected all, clicked the clear all formatting icon in the font section, and then clicked undo. That seems to have corrected it but I don't know why.

Long as it's better now I guess lol

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

No kidding man. I just spent a full hour trying to figure it out. That's how annoying it was.