Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

White Russian/Mixed Drinks

Sooooooooooooooo, just dinged 21 last month and I've been experimenting with drinks and shit.

This one chick is begging me to get the shit to make a white russian cause she 'had it once and it was amaaaazing' or w/e

Before anyone tells me to google, I have I just want like first hand experience and a little p2p information.

First of all, does anyone know about how much a thing of coffee liqueur(think it's also called Kahlua) goes for?

Second of all, most of the chicks I chill with don't do beer or simple vodka mixes (redbull/vodka coke/vodka etc) so I'm going to try and make some/a drink they'll really enjoy. What I'm going for is a slush type tropical drink. Like a pina colada but not that. Thinking something with pineapple or uhhh anything tropical.

I was told from the liquor store guy that you always mix anything tropicalish with rum. So I'ma just get a thing of rum to go in with that.

Any feedback is chill, thanks ahead ^^ ( amateur drink maker :/ )

white russian is milk, kahlua, and vodka

Yeah most of that tropical drink shit is made with low-alcohol flavored rums. It doesn't really do anything for me, but my girl will usually make up a container with proportions of 2 parts coconut rum, 2 parts cranberry juice, 4 parts pineapple juice when we go to a friends or somewhere where she can't just order a drink. I'll be honest, it does taste damn good, but it is not something I personally would want to get drink off

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

White russians are the bomb. I can drink way too many of those than I ever should.

One thing I had (loved) once and have had to explain it to every fuckin' bartender since is a Moscow Mule, which I think is like half/half vodka and ginger ale with some lime juice. Deelish.

edit: http://laist.com/attachments/la_elina/moscowmule.jpg lol

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Never seen the Big Lebowski? For shame. Kahlua's like $30 for a 750mL. Use a frosty instead of milk if you'd like; it's delicious.

I got wasted off my ass off White Russians in highschool and haven't been able to look at em since That was back when I actually had a sweet-tooth, lol. But yeah, they are damn good but you gotta be careful because they do have so much alcohol in them compared to your typical sweet "girly" drink. The time I mentioned earlier I think I went through something like 9 in 2 hours before I started to really feel how far gone I was -- not good times, lol

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    I got wasted off my ass off White Russians in highschool and haven't been able to look at em since
    I feel like everyone's had a drink/alcohol that could fit into that sentence. Shitty tequila turns my stomach just thinking about it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    white russian is milk, kahlua, and vodka

Yeah most of that tropical drink shit is made with low-alcohol flavored rums. It doesn't really do anything for me, but my girl will usually make up a container with proportions of 2 parts coconut rum, 2 parts cranberry juice, 4 parts pineapple juice when we go to a friends or somewhere where she can't just order a drink. I'll be honest, it does taste damn good, but it is not something I personally would want to get drink off
    where I get them juices from? Honestly never seen pineapple juice at the grocery store. (not much of a shopper)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I feel like everyone's had a drink/alcohol that could fit into that sentence. Shitty tequila turns my stomach just thinking about it.
    Tequila...

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by altwight View Post
    never seen pineapple juice at the grocery store. (not much of a shopper)
    You dont have to be a "shopper" to know this exists, lol.

where I get them juices from? Honestly never seen pineapple juice at the grocery store. (not much of a shopper)
    It's really hard to find real fresh juice, but you can easily find 100% juices in the bottled juice isle. The cranberry should be really easy to find, but I've only found the pineapple juice in these odd little skinny metal cans. Every store has these items because they're common mix items, so it shouldn't be that tough to find.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    You dont have to be a "shopper" to know this exists, lol.
    is it seriously just like sitting next to orange juice?

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

is it seriously just like sitting next to orange juice?
    Normally its in with the bottled juice, most orange juice is sold from a cooler, where you find iced tea, milk etc

Honestly I love tequila, lol. If I'm not drinking beer when I go out I'm happy most nights drinking fresh margaritas (read: not shitty mix drink)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    Normally its in with the bottled juice, most orange juice is sold from a cooler, where you find iced tea, milk etc
    ah ok, got me thinkin it might be in the canned food section for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post
    Never seen the Big Lebowski? For shame. Kahlua's like $30 for a 750mL. Use a frosty instead of milk if you'd like; it's delicious.
    That's called a mudslide, my friend

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

ah ok, got me thinkin it might be in the canned food section for some reason.
    It should be close, depends on your store. The one I go to, well walmart, its one aisle apart.

Also, just buy off brand it tastes the fucking same.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I love drinking white russians, but seriously, never get drunk on a bunch of white russians. Awhile ago I drank 3 double white russians at this shitty bar where we were doing Karaoke, and I haven't been able to touch them since. It's a great drink to chill with though.
    You should consider Mojitos. Rum, sugar, lime, mint, sparkling water (can use 7up/sprite too if you don't like sparkling water). Put everything but the sparkling water together in the bottom of your glass and grind it together. Mix in sparkling water, garnish with some fresh mint. Refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by ferigor View Post
    You should consider Mojitos. Rum, sugar, lime, mint, sparkling water (can use 7up/sprite too if you don't like sparkling water). Put everything but the sparkling water together in the bottom of your glass and grind it together. Mix in sparkling water, garnish with some fresh mint. Refreshing.
    Noooooo! It goes: grind the mint with the sugar at the bottom of the glass with a pestle, then add the rum/lime and mix, then pour the sparkling water in and stir gently. A very good drink

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Liquid Cocaine for me. I still can't chew cinnamon gum because of them and it's been like 5 years.