1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 18 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 15 hours, 1 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Kirb

I like that one, easier on the eyes.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan with graphs that heavily use colour coding and legends. Most people are using TN type panels and they're horrible at reproducing accurate colours. I have a TN and a VA monitor in my set up, and it's literally night and day.

*Edit
    Wasn't sure whether to link Thaliak and Azeyma together as a couple...none of their description mention it, but they both have daughters who are sisters so....hmmm.

think this will have any impact on crafting?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraph Altima
    FFXIV Server
    Mateus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonxel View Post
    think this will have any impact on crafting?
    I was thinking that since every character is aligned with a deity and every deity is aligned with a month, each character would be stronger on their patron's month and weaker on the farthest point away from that month (i.e. six months later). Wild speculation, and might not even be that major of a strength or weakness, but that's my opinion; why tell us what month the various gods are assigned to if not?

Think FFTactics, where the zodiac wheel had an impact on attacks and spells (i.e. your cures were stronger on signs you were compatible with, which were in a triangle if you arrange the signs in a circle, and weaker on opposing signs which were in a square on the wheel).

I get the feeling I didn't explain that very well.

Edit--Like this: http://media.photobucket.com/image/f...unk/zodiac.png

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    Actually I didn't... SIGH, you didn't get my joke.
    The Atkins diety lets you eat whatever you want. All hail Atkins.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Ah, just noticed I forgot to put in each of the moon cycle. Guess I'll do it now.

*Edit
    Toyed around a bit more last night. Was pleasant working on it with the XIV OST on the speakers

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/...eityTree-1.jpg

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Needs to be more inclusive of the obvious, no offense. You have the Thaliak Father->Daughter connection to Llymlaen, whose sister is Nophica, whose mother is Azeyma. Yet no link between Azeyma/Llymlaen or Thaliak/Nophica? Brothers should be on the same tier, teacher above pupil.. etc. Yeah, I know, I'm ridiculous.

Yours is definitely better to read though.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Couldn't have said it better myself but yeah yours is much easier to read than the others. Good work

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Needs to be more inclusive of the obvious, no offense. You have the Thaliak Father->Daughter connection to Llymlaen, whose sister is Nophica, whose mother is Azeyma. Yet no link between Azeyma/Llymlaen or Thaliak/Nophica? Brothers should be on the same tier, teacher above pupil.. etc. Yeah, I know, I'm ridiculous.

Yours is definitely better to read though.
    Agreed with this person yours 100% better to read though needs more organization / full connections. Teirs would be nice or somesort of circle / pyramid whatever.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Thanks for the comments.

And there's a reason why I didn't link some Gods together. First off, what seems to be obvious isn't always true. In most religious lores in the world, there are many gods who give birth to a son or daughter without a mate. Prime example is the relation between Metis, Zeus and Athena. Nophica and Llymlaen could be sworn sisters for all we know. SE will probably tweak their own translations as we get closer to launch, as there are some obvious mistakes. Nymeia and Althyk are siblings, and both their descriptions say they're the older one of the two...which is, of course, impossible

I'll definitely be tweaking it as we learn more about them of course. I did have a pyramid style at first, but Nymeia screws it all up lol. If I did do it that way, the image would've been quite wide.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraph Altima
    FFXIV Server
    Mateus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by bluefan View Post
    Nymeia and Althyk are siblings, and both their descriptions say they're the older one of the two...which is, of course, impossible
    While I'm definitely more inclined to agree that it's a mistake, not a mindfuck, my husband pointed out to me that Althyk is the god of time, therefore it might be ridiculously possible in some time-god-deity-world that they're both elder.

....just something to laugh about!

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisa View Post
    While I'm definitely more inclined to agree that it's a mistake, not a mindfuck, my husband pointed out to me that Althyk is the god of time, therefore it might be ridiculously possible in some time-god-deity-world that they're both elder.

....just something to laugh about!
    lol, he does have a point there.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Our human brains do not have the ability to perceive the intricacies of the relationships between these higher beings.... either that or a wizard did it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Klaatu View Post
    Poor Nald'Thal, he's all alone.
    He has his brother Oschon.

Vacht

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Bullshit, that line is adaberk blue. So they are "Close". (If its purple, then my outrages shifts to: WHERE IS THE "CLOSE" LINE)

Seriously different colors.
    lol...

Crackodactyl
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

TY blue, that is exactly what I meant.

Kirb

Hopefully come the next phase, we'll find out if relations are actually tied to elemental weaknesses and strengths, or if we're still following the elemental wheel.

I'm assuming the latter, I'm not sure how the god relations would compute to elemental resistances and such without sacrificing elemental equality.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

i hope the developers in SE knows what they doing...