• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

What controllers work with Windows 7 64 bit?

Hi, I recently 'upgraded' to Windows 7 64 bit, and my controllers have stopped working. I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with the controllers as they work with all other games, even the FFXI config and I've tried two.

So my question is, does anyone have any controllers that work with Windows 7 64 bit?

Thanks, sorry if this doesn't belong here.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

My 360, PS3 and PS2 (using that radio shack USB thing) works. Not sure about stuff like logitec and etc though.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

The Xbox 360 controller works with x64 Windows

This Logitech also works I was using it last night so I imagine their other controllers would to: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Rumbl...1090738&sr=8-5

What controller of yours isn't working?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Might be easier to look around the web for the controller you have and see if there are drivers for 64 bit Windows 7. Odds are good they are out there by now.

DS3 takes a bit of work to get working with Win7 64 bit if that's what you have, but I got it working with the MotionJoy drivers (which support rumble and motion control too).

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Thanks guys but every reply I get is like 'works for me'

I wonder why it doesn't work for me :\ 360 nor Logitech will do. They work in every game even in the FFXI config, just not the FFXI game

I have tried all the drivers (XBCD, Some JP ones, MS ones), they work with every game besides FFXI.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

360 controller works fine, I also have 2 really cheap USB pads, one thrustmaster (even works with ps3) and the other x-treme, that work flawlessy. Both under 10€.

It's a stretch, but have you tried running the OS on test mode and disabling driver signing on boot? I usually use that method when I want to use my PS3 controller using the DS3 Tool.

http://www.motioninjoy.com/blog/run-...llers-pc-games Here's a reference to what I'm talking about.

EDIT: lol seriously, don't bother posting if you won't help the man. "it works for me" is all i see in ANY forum when i try to find a solution, and it's terribly annoying.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I havn't tried that but I don't want having to disable driver signing every boot so I'm not going to consider that as an option.

My 2nd controller was actually a Saitek (which you cant even get drivers for off the web), I'm picking up a Logitech tommorow to check that out.

Gunna try configuring the 360 controller for the umpteenth timme. :\

Hopefully this or the logitech I'm getting tommorow will work, thank you for the input though guys.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

It could be other prgrams that are interfering with your controller, check the drivers and update if possible, try your controller in other games it should work with and see if its just FFXI or the controller.

I have Win 7 and a xbox360 controller FFXI works, so do my other games like some online games, Metro 2033 and also Just Cause 2.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I use the 360 controller just fine, now just need to find a translation for how to gamepad is to be configured

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

why the hell is this in the FFXIV forum <.<?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

For people using 360 controllers, what drivers are you using?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

FFXI uses DirectInput but the Xbox 360 controller is an Xinput controller.
    Xinput is part of Windows 7 so there should be no need for any driver for that.
    I'm assuming you have the wired controller?
    The custom drivers will not work with wireless as the drivers there are not for the controller, but rather the receiver.

I've run into both XBCD and the Japanese drivers myself, but sadly I have a wireless controller.
    They interpret the input as DirectInput instead of Xinput and this allows you to use the triggers with FFXI - the FFXI config doesn't allow you to use triggers as buttons (for macro menu and such). On the downside, the 2 triggers are just 1 axis under DirectInput, one is Z+ and the other Z-, meaning pressing both yields the same as having both released.

Just to be on the safe side I'll link the official drivers.
    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...x360_64Eng.exe

I would advice that you use the official drivers and have them working before experimenting with other drivers.
    Xinput is pretty much synonymous with Xbox 360 controller. Many games that support Xinput even show the 360 botton icons ingame when a controller is detected. It is intended as the standard way for Windows 7, so if you cannot get that working you should contact Microsoft support.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Double checked config, with my 360 controller, movement/buttons are fine but camera will only move from the bottom left to the top right and the d pad wont move, anyone else experience something like that?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Cyth View Post
    Double checked config, with my 360 controller, movement/buttons are fine but camera will only move from the bottom left to the top right and the d pad wont move, anyone else experience something like that?
    trye using Xpadder you can change button layouts and force it too use both sticks, I use it just so I can use both trigger buttons.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

moved to tech.

There really shouldn't be any problems with just the plan old plug and play system of win 7. I did have some problems at one point when some friends were playing with my computer with a custom controller and it started to conflict with my log/360.

When it wasn't working it would fuck up the USB drivers also, so if they are just "Not working" then i doubt this will help you but i'll post anyways (Better than nothing).

Go to your Device manager and uninstall all your USB drivers. Unplug your computer (If you have a laptop you need to take the battery out as well) and let it sit for about a min or so. Even tho you turned your computer off, if it still has a power-source it will still have some conflicts even after the drivers are reinstalled unless you completely take it away. Turn the computer back on (Plug it back in, put the battery back in, etc) and let windows find the drivers (Don't start the computer with the controller plugged in), after everything is installed plug in your USB/Firewire and try it.

Goodluck.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Super Joy Box 5 Pro for PS2 controllers works just plugging it in without installing any drivers off the floppy it comes with.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Semi-related question, is a wired 360 controller the best bet? Or does this receiver work fine for wireless?

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Wireless-...0759585&sr=8-5

I was a little put off when I read that this receiver is not actually made by Microsoft, but I couldn't find an "official" one so I haven't purchased it yet.