1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 34 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 16 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 17 hours, 34 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: New Classes Discovered     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ashton Frohninhard
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

A crozier is shaped like a really ornate shepherd's crook. Probably just coincidence though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't think those will be added as updates. 2 mage jobs at release is kinda underwhelming (not that 4 is a lot better).
    I guess we can assume that one of those mage jobs is a buffer type, probably Mystic.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

- Weapons / Two-Handed Shields
    - Weapons / Great Swords
    - Weapons / Precious Swords

So of those weapons on the /v/ post, these are the only ones that we don't quite know what to make of if we assume that Enforcer will use clubs, guns for Musketeers, and rapiers (and off-hand rapiers?) for Fencers.

Precious sword just strikes me as something that would be for a melee caster class. Two-handed shield would be like a tower shield, I gather... Gladiator option, or a new shield-only class maybe? I'm leaning towards thinking that any equipment that will require all-new animations will simply be a new class. Likewise I'd expect a class for great swords. Maybe they're holding out on a great sword class because they want all the people who will inevitably rush to it to have to level something else first.

also warez mah katana

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Mystics are all about the holy divine light, so there goes our White mage.
    Enforcer: "A thug who uses physical force or the threat of physical force to coerce others." Mace'd;
    Musketeer..Yeah..a..Corsair.
    Goldsmith, saw this one in a character creation video, Blacksmith was also an option.
    Archanist hmm, Archaeology? Find thy sacred artifacts!

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Arcanist = Time Mage! You heard it here first.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Edit: Wtf double post. Sorry.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ashton Frohninhard
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    That would be pretty slick, but I'm leaning more towards RDM style support class.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Kachi View Post
    Two-handed shield would be like a tower shield, I gather... Gladiator option, or a new shield-only class maybe? I'm leaning towards thinking that any equipment that will require all-new animations will simply be a new class.
    People are speculating that the Lantern Shield shown on the website might be one of the so called "two handed shields". Dunno how that'll turn out, especially considering they were used with one arm in real life.

http://i40.tinypic.com/34pnqxe.jpg

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Yeah, I've seen people speculating that, but I dunno... I'm thinking more along the lines of a riot shield personally. Currently shields are limited to Gladiator only, maybe a Fencer option down the line. I'm having a hard time convincing myself that it would be classified as it's own category called "Two-handed shields."

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    In previous games, they've had Gravity, Drain, Syphoon, MP Shield, lv. 3 Dark, lv. 5 Haste,Shadow Flare etc. I think its more likely they're a buffer/enfeebling mage.

Fencer has always been a battle-oriented Mage, like Red Mage but only sword spells. Its one of the jobs I've suspected will be in the game from the start.

Enforcer is harder, sounds like a DoW-based Enfeebling job.

Mystic is another job I've suspected will make an appearance. In previous games its had Blind, Empowerment (Spell absorb), Invigoration (Life absorb), Belief (Pray Faith)Doubt Faith (Disbelief)Zombie (Corruption), Quiescence (Silence Song), Fervor (Blind Rage), Foxbird (Trepidation), Delirium (Confuse Song), Harmony (Dispel Magic), Hesitation (Paralyze), Sleep (Repose), Petrify (Induration), Defense Up (Defense Boost).

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

I assume armourer is the class that repairs weapons?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Galkaeater View Post
    I assume armourer is the class that repairs weapons?
    I'm pretty sure that's the Blacksmith's job, to repair weapons. Armourer would fall into supplier or keeper of weapons, is my best guess.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

i remember the fencer as a mix of war and rdm.
    couldn't cast any spell , but their WSs would add some ailments, such as blind, lower the acc/speed, etc

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Similar to I think Sorceror in FFV if that's somehow a less obscure reference than FFTA for anyone. Basically the En-spells, only less elemental and more status-inflicting.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Damn now do I want to be a Gladiator, Lancer, or Musketeer?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I wonder if Musketeer will be the job that "shoots its allies to heal them" that they talked about, or if they will add those abilities to the Archer.

I would imagine it would have abilities similar to the Fusilier/Flintlock if that's the case. Something like:

Fireshot
    Iceshot
    Boltshot
    Watershot
    Earthshot
    Windshot
    Blindshot
    Silenceshot
    Potionshot -Restore HP
    Ethershot - Restore MP

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Agito View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's the Blacksmith's job, to repair weapons. Armourer would fall into supplier or keeper of weapons, is my best guess.
    i dunno.. there's a bit of an interlapping purpose of both roles, if you're talking about RL terms.

blacksmith's forge weapons.. mostly metal related, that what they're best at, but I suppose they can maintain them too.

armourers on the other hand only maintain and fix them. They don't create weapons.. so fixin stuff is their expertise. Also, if we're talking about guns, bows, and devices, thats what Armourers can handle that blacksmiths don't.

in other words.. the distinctions i see are:

blacksmith - forge metal. create metal stuff, including weapons. may repair metal weapons.

armourer - specializes in repair all sorts of weapons.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    I wonder if Musketeer will be the job that "shoots its allies to heal them" that they talked about, or if they will add those abilities to the Archer.
    I don't know why but I keep laughing every time I hear that.

so all these classes will be there at launch or they just in the dats or what?

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

They are confirmed to exist, and that's all I can say for sure.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast