1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 7 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 2 hours, 4 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: New Classes Discovered     submit to reddit submit to twitter

exist is dats onry? or what lol, seems silly to say these jobs are there if its a dat only thing, theres like 5 million non player used dats in ffxi, would only be foolish to think all these were for us if thats the case.
    in which case the title of the thread should add that its speculative.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by DeathbySnoosnoo View Post
    exist is dats onry? or what lol, seems silly to say these jobs are there if its a dat only thing, theres like 5 million non player used dats in ffxi, would only be foolish to think all these were for us if thats the case.
    in which case the title of the thread should add that its speculative.
    Sorry, I forgot about the abundance of unused jobs in FFXI dats with their own unique weapons and commands.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    Sorry, I forgot about the abundance of unused jobs in FFXI dats with their own unique weapons and commands.

still speculative.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Die hard pessimists irk me.

people that post confirmations of unconfirmed things irk me.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If it exists, it is confirmed to exist.

Where's the confusion?

Let's try not to shit this thread up too, thanks.

Did you see what weapon Arcanists used? It looked like a weird staff in screenshots.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Since someone posted it on /v/ and everyone treats it with a grain of salt..

I didn't sort it out this time, I'll let you all do that on your own to remove my personal speculations from the mix.

0B/45/02/D0.DAT:
    ·Item··Items· ·Debug Item· ·Debug Items· ·Key Item·
    ·Key Items· ·Currency· ·Currency· ·Quest Item· ·Quest Items··Crystal· ·Crystals·
    ·Magic Scroll··Magic Scrolls· ·Miscellany· ·Miscellany··Key·· Keys··Gardening Item··Gardening Items··Ticket··Tickets· ·Catalyst·
    ·Catalysts· ·Pet Food· ·Pet Food· ·Beast-Made· ·Beast-Made··Other··Others· ·Medicine·
    ·Medicines··Potion··Potions··Elixer·· Elixers··Other Medicine··Others··Meal··Meals· ·Meat & Eggs· ·Meat & Eggs··Seafood··Seafood·
    ·Vegetable· ·Vegetables·
    ·Bread & Rice··Breads & Rice··Soup··Soups··Sweets··Sweets·· Drink··Drinks· ·Other Meal··Other· ·Ingredient· ·Ingredients··Grain··Grains·
    ·Vegetable· ·Vegetables··Fruit··Fruits· ·Meat & Eggs· ·Meat & Eggs··Dairy Product··Dairy Products··Spice··Spices·
    ·Seasoning· ·Seasonings·
    ·Nonessential··Nonessentials··Other Ingredient··Other··Seafood··Seafood··S altwater Fish··Saltwater Seafood··Freshwater Fish··Freshwater Seafood··Other Seafood··Others· ·Furnishing· ·Furnishings··Storage··Storage· ·Crafting· ·Crafting·
    ·Gardening·
    ·Gardening· ·Material·
    ·Materials··Metal··Metals··Stone··Sto ne··Cloth··Cloth··Skin··Skins··Bone ··Bones··Wood··Wood··Alchemical Element··Alchemical Elements··Dye··Dyes··Other Material··Others··Weapon··Weapons··Two-Handed Weapon··Two-Handed Weapons··Ranged Weapon··Ranged Weapons··Arrow··Arrows··Shield··Shield s··Two-Handed Shield··Two-Handed Shields·
    ·Hand-to-Hand·
    ·Hand-to-Hand··Sword··Swords· ·Great Sword·
    ·Great Swords··Precious Sword··Precious Swords·
    ·Great Axe· ·Great Axes··Rapier··Rapiers··Club··Clubs·
    ·Great Bow· ·Great Bows··Polearm· ·Polearms··Musket··Muskets··Off-Hand Rapier··Off-Hand Rapiers··Bow··Bows··Bullet··Bullets·
    ·Magic Weapon··Magic Weapons··Two-Handed Magic Weapon··Two-Handed Magic Weapons··Rod··Rods··Crozier· ·Croziers··Scepter· ·Scepters··Staff··Staves··Wand··Wands ··Cane··Canes·
    ·Truncheon· ·Truncheons··Signum··Signi· ·Crafting Tool··Crafting Tools··Crafting Tool (Sub··Crafting Tools (Sub··Carpenters' Tool··Carpenters' Tools··Carpenters' Tool (Sub··Carpenters' Tools (Sub··Blacksmiths' Tool··Blacksmiths' Tools··Blacksmiths' Tool (Sub··Blacksmiths' Tools (Sub··Armorers' Tool··Armorers' Tools··Armorers' Tool (Sub··Armorers' Tools (Sub··Goldsmiths' Tool··Goldsmiths' Tools··Goldsmiths' Tool (Sub··Goldsmiths' Tools (Sub··Tanners' Tool··Tanners' Tools··Tanners' Tool (Sub··Tanners' Tools (Sub··Weavers' Tool··Weavers' Tools··Weavers' Tool (Sub··Weavers' Tools (Sub··Alchemists' Tool··Alchemists' Tools··Alchemists' Tool (Sub··Alchemists' Tools (Sub··Culinarians' Tool··Culinarians' Tools··Culinarians' Tool (Sub··Culinarians' Tools (Sub··Harvesting Tool··Harvesting Tools··Harvesting Tool (Sub··Harvesting Tools (Sub· ·Mining Tool·
    ·Mining Tools··Mining Tool (Sub··Mining Tools (Sub··Botanists' Tool··Botanists' Tools··Botanists' Tool (Sub··Botanists' Tools (Sub·
    ·Fishing Gear·
    ·Fishing Gear··Fishing Gear (Sub··Fishing Gear (Sub··Bait··Bait··Shepherding Equipment··Shepherding Equipment··Shepherding Equipment (Sub··Shepherding Equipment (Sub··Armor··Armor··Head··Head· ·Head (Inner· ·Head (Inner··Body··Body· ·Body Inner· ·Body Inner··Legs··Legs· ·Legs (inner· ·Legs (inner··Hands··Hands··Feet··Feet··W aist··Waist·
    ·Full Body·
    ·Full Body·
    ·Accessory· ·Accessories··Neck··Neck··Wrist··Wris t·
    ·Index Finger·
    ·Index Finger· ·Ring Finger· ·Ring Finger·

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by qpoiuwer View Post
    Let's try not to shit this thread up too, thanks.

Did you see what weapon Arcanists used? It looked like a weird staff in screenshots.
    All I can find right now is "Archanist Weapon" just as all I can really find for other mages is "Conjurer Weapon," "Thaumaturge Weapon," and "Mystic Weapon." I'm browsing the item list..but it isn't really my top priority because of how tedious it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    If it exists, it is confirmed to exist.

Where's the confusion?
    Its confirmed that these dats exist, yes, but not confirming that these are actual classes you can be. Unless you have proof of that somewhere?

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by zeu View Post
    Since someone posted it on /v/ and everyone treats it with a grain of salt..

I didn't sort it out this time, I'll let you all do that on your own to remove my personal speculations from the mix.

0B/45/02/D0.DAT:
    Wow that looks trippy on Firefox

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

It's confirmed that they exist in the .dats. The OP was C&P'd from the 200+ page thread which explains that for your convenience. You'll forgive everyone who is appreciative of the information for not sympathizing with your plight.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

If fencers use fencing weapons and actually... fence, it'll be the first time seeing a true fencing-type class in any MMO, I believe.

Lets hope SE learned a little from Atlus about the use of rapiers - you don't fucking swing them like hackswords.

Edit: If Fencers truly use a thrusting style of attack with thrusting swords, I could see a lot of their moves ignoring defense, but hitting for average damage - they would have been useful in FFXI against the 10,000 types of self-buffing crabs we fought over the years.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    If fencers use fencing weapons and actually... fence, it'll be the first time seeing a true fencing-type class in any MMO, I believe.

Lets hope SE learned a little from Atlus about the use of rapiers - you don't fucking swing them like hackswords.
    I do. They're more fun that way. They make that swish sound!

Quote Originally Posted by Kachi View Post
    It's confirmed that they exist in the .dats. The OP was C&P'd from the 200+ page thread which explains that for your convenience. You'll forgive everyone who is appreciative of the information for not sympathizing with your plight.
    I appreciate the info(As I would love to be a fencer or musketeer) and I've been reading the 200 page thread. Just saying its still unconfirmed(that these are playable at launch or at all) and the title should reflect that in some manner.(That these are found Dats and NOT 100% certain)

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Kachi View Post
    I do. They're more fun that way. They make that swish sound!
    You would actually engage in combat swinging a degen like a katana? While I suppose the swishing sound would be nice, I'd fear for that sword after a single strike.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

You would actually engage in combat swinging a degen like a katana? While I suppose the swishing sound would be nice, I'd fear for that sword after a single strike.
    Depends on what kind of opponent I'm dealing with, but yeah. If I have an open shot I'll slap the shit out of them like I'm wielding a metal whip!

@Snoosnoo; I know, the OP is not entirely transparent in what that information means, but I was just pointing out that considering it's one of many favors from Cair, the presence in the .dats means it's far more likely that it will be implemented than not, and the fact that it's not 100% going to be implemented is knowable either between reading the other thread or just being obvious... let's not give Cair any crap.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I dunno, Fencer could simply mean Japanese Fencer, which is just another Samurai, which is what they've already done in FFXI. Seems like the easy way out, and more than likely, the way they'll take, considering I don't think anyone's found .dats for actual thrusting swords.

Oh Atlus, your lessons for the world go unheeded yet again...

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Fencer would be an interesting concept. but im not so sure if its a RL fencer or FF fencer they're taking inspiration from..

if RL, i'd love to see it as a tactical swordsman of sorts. It'd be like a 1handed Lancer, since they deal with thrusts as well. The only difference I guess is that lancer might possibly be more evasive or defensive.. or a "parry-tank" who gains attacks by way of riposte.

edit: but if its just a Samurai type like Lucavi says.. its still kinda cool. basically you have a swordmaster.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I dunno, Fencer could simply mean Japanese Fencer, which is just another Samurai, which is what they've already done in FFXI. Seems like the easy way out, and more than likely, the way they'll take, considering I don't think anyone's found .dats for actual thrusting swords.

Oh Atlus, your lessons for the world go unheeded yet again...
    Did you miss the part where there are rapiers listed in the dats there and no katanas?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast