1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 42 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 22 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 11 hours, 42 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: New Classes Discovered     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

i wonder if they're slated for the first expansion or for release in beta o_O

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by levish View Post
    Or they'll come with the normal version updates... like they've said before.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by DeathbySnoosnoo View Post
    exist is dats onry? or what lol, seems silly to say these jobs are there if its a dat only thing, theres like 5 million non player used dats in ffxi, would only be foolish to think all these were for us if thats the case.
    in which case the title of the thread should add that its speculative.
    SE themselves already said they would add more classes, I don't think its far fetched to believe these are classes that will exist on release... Do you seriously think they'd introduce all classes in an alpha build, when SE themselves said you'd have access to 10% of the game.

I mean, seriously, why would they include classes in the alpha .dat that they didn't plan on including in the original release? If it was armor, magic, monster design, armor design or area names, sure, I'd agree with you, but I highly doubt they would include classes in the .dat that they didn't plan on adding.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Makwa Ironwill
    FFXIV Server
    Brynhildr
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well damn. I may have to become a Swashbuckling Makwateer after all. Swing from the rafters and strike a pose, then shoot the bad guys!

Quote Originally Posted by zeu View Post
    Since someone posted it on /v/ and everyone treats it with a grain of salt..

I didn't sort it out this time, I'll let you all do that on your own to remove my personal speculations from the mix.

0B/45/02/D0.DAT:
    ·Item··Items··Debug Item··Debug Items· ·Key Item·
    ·Key Items· ·Currency· ·Currency··Quest Item··Quest Items··Crystal· ·Crystals·
    ·Magic Scroll··Magic Scrolls··Miscellany··Miscellany··Key·· Keys··Gardening Item··Gardening Items··Ticket··Tickets· ·Catalyst·
    ·Catalysts· ·Pet Food· ·Pet Food··Beast-Made··Beast-Made··Other··Others· ·Medicine·
    ·Medicines··Potion··Potions··Elixer·· Elixers··Other Medicine··Others··Meal··Meals··Meat & Eggs··Meat & Eggs··Seafood··Seafood·
    ·Vegetable··Vegetables·
    ·Bread & Rice··Breads & Rice··Soup··Soups··Sweets··Sweets·· Drink··Drinks··Other Meal··Other··Ingredient··Ingredients··Grai n··Grains·
    ·Vegetable··Vegetables··Fruit··Fruits··Me at & Eggs··Meat & Eggs··Dairy Product··Dairy Products··Spice··Spices·
    ·Seasoning··Seasonings·
    ·Nonessential··Nonessentials··Other Ingredient··Other··Seafood··Seafood··S altwater Fish··Saltwater Seafood··Freshwater Fish··Freshwater Seafood··Other Seafood··Others··Furnishing··Furnishings··Storage··Storage· ·Crafting· ·Crafting·
    ·Gardening·
    ·Gardening··Material·
    ·Materials··Metal··Metals··Stone··Sto ne··Cloth··Cloth··Skin··Skins··Bone ··Bones··Wood··Wood··Alchemical Element··Alchemical Elements··Dye··Dyes··Other Material··Others··Weapon··Weapons··Two-Handed Weapon··Two-Handed Weapons··Ranged Weapon··Ranged Weapons··Arrow··Arrows··Shield··Shield s··Two-Handed Shield··Two-Handed Shields·
    ·Hand-to-Hand·
    ·Hand-to-Hand··Sword··Swords··Great Sword·
    ·Great Swords··Precious Sword··Precious Swords·
    ·Great Axe··Great Axes··Rapier··Rapiers··Club··Clubs·
    ·Great Bow··Great Bows··Polearm· ·Polearms··Musket··Muskets··Off-Hand Rapier··Off-Hand Rapiers··Bow··Bows··Bullet··Bullets·
    ·Magic Weapon··Magic Weapons··Two-Handed Magic Weapon··Two-Handed Magic Weapons··Rod··Rods··Crozier· ·Croziers··Scepter· ·Scepters··Staff··Staves··Wand··Wands ··Cane··Canes·
    ·Truncheon··Truncheons··Signum··Signi· ·Crafting Tool··Crafting Tools··Crafting Tool (Sub··Crafting Tools (Sub··Carpenters' Tool··Carpenters' Tools··Carpenters' Tool (Sub··Carpenters' Tools (Sub··Blacksmiths' Tool··Blacksmiths' Tools··Blacksmiths' Tool (Sub··Blacksmiths' Tools (Sub··Armorers' Tool··Armorers' Tools··Armorers' Tool (Sub··Armorers' Tools (Sub··Goldsmiths' Tool··Goldsmiths' Tools··Goldsmiths' Tool (Sub··Goldsmiths' Tools (Sub··Tanners' Tool··Tanners' Tools··Tanners' Tool (Sub··Tanners' Tools (Sub··Weavers' Tool··Weavers' Tools··Weavers' Tool (Sub··Weavers' Tools (Sub··Alchemists' Tool··Alchemists' Tools··Alchemists' Tool (Sub··Alchemists' Tools (Sub··Culinarians' Tool··Culinarians' Tools··Culinarians' Tool (Sub··Culinarians' Tools (Sub··Harvesting Tool··Harvesting Tools··Harvesting Tool (Sub··Harvesting Tools (Sub··Mining Tool·
    ·Mining Tools··Mining Tool (Sub··Mining Tools (Sub··Botanists' Tool··Botanists' Tools··Botanists' Tool (Sub··Botanists' Tools (Sub·
    ·Fishing Gear·
    ·Fishing Gear··Fishing Gear (Sub··Fishing Gear (Sub··Bait··Bait··Shepherding Equipment··Shepherding Equipment··Shepherding Equipment (Sub··Shepherding Equipment (Sub··Armor··Armor··Head··Head··Head (Inner··Head (Inner··Body··Body··Body Inner··Body Inner··Legs··Legs··Legs (inner··Legs (inner··Hands··Hands··Feet··Feet··W aist··Waist·
    ·Full Body·
    ·Full Body·
    ·Accessory··Accessories··Neck··Neck··Wris t··Wris t·
    ·Index Finger·
    ·Index Finger··Ring Finger··Ring Finger·
    I know its not on the same topic, but hmm.......

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Did you miss the part where there are rapiers listed in the dats there and no katanas?
    I believe I did, and thus, stand corrected.

Bring on the fancy Ogre Battle pre-thrust rapier animations!

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Shadowmoon

zeu: What are you using to read the .dat files?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by levish View Post
    Why would it only be beta or expansion? Its more lkiely they'll be in the game come retail.

Also, Cairthenn, where did you get the weapons each class use? I Can't find a "Mystic weapon" and "Arcanist Weapon". I'd think it would be something like this:

PGL = Pugilist (Hand-To-Hand)
    GLA = Gladiator (Sword + Shield)
    EXC = Marauder (Two-Handed Axe, Two-Handed Sword)
    FNC = Fencer (Rapier + off-hand rapier?)
    ENF = Enforcer (Truncheon, two-handed shield)
    ARC = Archer (Bow)
    LNC = Lancer (Polearm)
    MSK = Musketeer (Gun)
    MYS = Mystic (Signi, Club?)
    THM = Thaumaturge (Staff, Scepter)
    CON = Conjurer (Rod, Wand)
    ACN = Arcanist (Cane, Crozier)
    WDK = Woodworker (Harvester's Tools)
    BSM = Blacksmith (Blacksmith's Tools)
    ARM = Armorer (Armorer's Tools)
    GLD = Goldsmith (Goldsmith's Tools)
    WVR = Weaver (Weaver's Tools)
    ALC = Alchemist (Alchemist's Tools)
    CUL = Culinarian (Culinarian's Tools)
    HRV = Harvester (Harvester's Tools)
    FSH = Fisher (Fisherman's Tools)
    SHP = Shepherd (Shepherding Equipment)
    MIN = Miner (Miner's Equipment)
    TAN = Tanner (Tanner's Equipment)

Reason I left Two-Handed Shield with Enforcer is because I see it more as a policeman - who uses a Truncheon (a sort of baton), and a two-handed shield during riots. Two-Handed Sword would fit well as a Marauder secondary weapon, as I can't see it fitting anywhere else. I could potentially see Club as a Mystic secondary weapon (that's what Templars used in FFT, which is a variation of Mystic), no idea where Precious Sword would fit in.

Also, did you notice the .dat had inner-head andinner-hand as equippable armor? Perhaps that's where the NPC masks come from. inner head, head, inner-body, body, inner-leg, leg is all in the .dat, but in the Alpha, inner-head andinner-hand seem to be missing. imo inner-feet would make more sense than inner-hands though...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Maybe 2h shields could work like, a smallish almost buckler type shield on each arm that could be used independently for stuff like bashing, but you could sort of lock them together (imagine making an O with your arms, like a hug) and it could act as one shield.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eklm View Post
    I know its not on the same topic, but hmm.......
    I think the map 'Sailor's Ward' seems to hint at this somehow.

XIV may not have moghouses from the start but I think you will eventually get the ability to stay in a house or a hostel room or some kind of room of sorts..
    Especially since they're making use of instances now.

on topic tho...

its a pity most of these confirmed classes may not see the light of day until 2011++. At least we know whats coming tho.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    Why would it only be beta or expansion? Its more lkiely they'll be in the game come retail.

Also, Cairthenn, where did you get the weapons each class use? I Can't find a "Mystic weapon" and "Arcanist Weapon". I'd think it would be something like this:

Reason I left Two-Handed Shield with Enforcer is because I see it more as a policeman - who uses a Truncheon (a sort of baton), and a two-handed shield during riots. Two-Handed Sword would fit well as a Marauder secondary weapon, as I can't see it fitting anywhere else. I could potentially see Club as a Mystic secondary weapon (that's what Templars used in FFT, which is a variation of Mystic), no idea where Precious Sword would fit in.

Also, did you notice the .dat had inner-head and head as equippable armor? Perhaps that's where the NPC masks come from. inner head, head, inner-body, body, inner-leg, leg is all in the .dat, but in the Alpha, inner-head seem to be missing.
    What I have is merely the classification of weapon that the class uses, or what you'd see skill up.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I actually prefer they release content slowly. I just want to play lol. {Invite to Join Party} {Can I have it?}

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

How long before SE takes this down?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I'm sure it'll be NDAed by page 5.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Heoki View Post
    I actually prefer they release content slowly. I just want to play lol. {Invite to Join Party} {Can I have it?}
    at this point like 90% of what is going to ever be in the beta is already known. Only thing we don't know about are things like the search function and linkshell system that aren't in the alpha.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by vrumpt View Post
    at this point like 90% of what is going to ever be in the beta is already known. Only thing we don't know about are things like the search function and linkshell system that aren't in the alpha.

Maybe. I could believe that, but you never know. They could surprised you. I'm just going to keep following this until release. I'm very excited.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by vrumpt View Post
    Most of the storyline content is also absent. We've also only seen the very basic guiildleves in action.

I'd say we've only seen 50% of the content in beta at best.

When it comes to mechanics, I don't think we've seen any group vs group action at all, nor guildleves that focus on this factor of the gameplay. Battle regimens? The testers may have tried them but they haven't told us at least.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Its true there isn't much mystery left to the game given that so much has been datamined sooo quickly. But therein lies the problem with data on PCs, and with betas..

as for the storyline, its hard to tell what actually is the storyline atm.
    Haven't really gotten down to those but I'm guessing Treasures of the Main would be the first of those, since it starts off with the game..
    not entirely sure tho...

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Another question Cair, where's the MAN that was found in the .dat a while ago? And also, how do you know Exc is a mistranslation of Marauder?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

personally id rather not spoil the story for myself, so if story content ever gets released id hope people would spoiler that. The only story related content i want to know about is how boss fights work, because i am hoping they bring back BC fights from ffxi.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast