1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 38 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 17 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 16 hours, 38 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: New Classes Discovered     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Awesome! I wanna shoot people in the face to heal them! Brings back the good ol days of the healing wand ; ;

As for unused dats in FFXI, yeah there were a lot of weapons and items listed that were never used, but when it came to job names etc, there was nothing that wasn't in the game already or came out at a later date.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Makwa Ironwill
    FFXIV Server
    Brynhildr
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Two-handed shield just makes me picture Demon's Souls, with the heavy shields you need strength to wield. I used one with two hands as a sub weapon. >.>

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    Its true there isn't much mystery left to the game given that so much has been datamined sooo quickly. But therein lies the problem with data on PCs, and with betas..
    Shitty methods of compression, files types, data structures, and releasing files that dont need to be released yet*

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

definitely.. i think the story is the only thing not worth spoiling.
    and bosses i suppose.

because those are things you can't really replicate outside of the game. The story itself is a combination of music, cutscene animation, possibly VA as well.. and unless you can reproduce that somehow, nothing would ever come close to it.. but you can still spoil yourself.

all this other info doesn't really affect us other than give us more information in choosing how we play

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    Another question Cair, where's the MAN that was found in the .dat a while ago? And also, how do you know Exc is a mistranslation of Marauder?
    Haven't come across it..."Man" was a folder in lua, and that's all I know of it.

As for Marauder/Exc, it's just a suspicion, though likely accurate, from matching things up.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Considering that no official information mentions Blacksmith having anything to do with armor, and that the Armorers' Guild in Limsa Lominsa has a picture of a helmet for its icon, my guess is that Armorer is the class that crafts our metal armor while Blacksmith only does metal weapons and tools.

This makes sense because it keeps Blacksmith from controlling too much of the market.

I see no mention of Bonecrafter anywhere, so I wonder if Carpenter will take it over. We have to do something with all those bones and shells we find...

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So what we have now (class discipline is a theory):

War: (7)
    Pugilist
    Gladiator
    Marauder
    Fencer
    Enforcer
    Archer
    Lancer
    Musketeer

Magic: (5)
    Mystic
    Thaumaturge
    Conjurer
    Arcanist

Hand: (8 )
    Woodworker
    Blacksmith
    Armorer
    Goldsmith
    Weaver
    Alchemist
    Culinarian
    Tanner

Land: (4)
    Harvester (Botanist?)
    Fisherman
    Shepherd
    Miner

That leaves us with potentially 24 jobs at release

New Odin
    BG Level

Interesting decision to put Musketeer as magic there.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Its just a theory, but all the classes (up > down) are put in order from war > magic > hand > land. Musketeer was either at the end of War, or begining of Magic. I've had a theory that the game would have at least 5 classes in each disciple at launch, so Musketeer being a Magic job fits nicely in to that. It could of course be a War job, making it 8 > 4 > 8 > 5, as well, which is fine for me as that means I can hold my breawth for yet another Mage job

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I would love to see advance disciplines stem from initial jobs. For example: Gladiator —> Fencer, Archer —> Musketeer, Blacksmith —> Goldsmith & Armorer, Harvester —> Fisher & Shepherd. Basically, you must know one discipline to learn the next level. Evolution based job progression would be awesome, at least IMO.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

You listed tanner twice.

I had the 5-5-5-5 theory for a while too (until we found out there were 8 crafting classes), but I don't think Musketeer will be a magic job. You can sort of tell by the dats. Magic classes are listed as ClassWeapon, while War classes have their class as WeaponClass. For instance: ConjurerWeapon (Conjurer), SwordWeapon (Gladiator).

I can't see all of the dats, so you tell me.

EDIT- Just checked an older post by Cai. Musketeer is listed as GunWeapon, so it's probably a DoW.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    You listed tanner twice.

I had the 5-5-5-5 theory (at least) for a while too, but I don't think Musketeer will be a magic job. You can sort of tell by the dats. Magic classes are listed as ClassWeapon, while War classes have their class as WeaponClass. For instance: ConjurerWeapon, SwordWeapon.

I can't see all of the dats, so you tell me.

EDIT- Just checked an older post by Cai. Musketeer is listed as GunWeapon, so it's probably a DoW.
    You're right, I listed it twice.

So 8 > 4 > 8 > 4 would be more logical, which would put Musketeer as a War. That makes me sad, I wanted to shoot my allies.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    either way i think they're classes not to be introduced at retail but in expansions
    This is what I am thinking.. If they were pulled from the .dats then it could be idea's they were toying w/, but not yet to be implemented. They have a lot of classes for retail alrdy, when you consider how much min/maxing you can do w/ each class to offer different version of the same class ( Gladiator w/ sub of Conjurer Healing spells, ect.. for PLD)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I have hope for a lot of new/crazy weapons later down the road now. I don't think many of us were expecting (just hoping for) more classes after the initial 7 (not counting DoH or DoL), except for another mage, since it seemed like pretty much every role but buffing was covered.

At this point I just hope they add even more options for the DoM. I don't think saying that our current mages already cover everything is a valid counter-argument when it looks like we're going to have a lot of melee whose ultimate purpose will be the same (damage and kill the mob), just performed differently.

EDIT- Replying to the post above, it says in the manual that not all classes would be available for testing, and we have a guild for Arcanists and Musketeers already. I don't think it's far-fetched to think these classes will be at retail. I think having the guilds sitting there for over a year would be comparable to them releasing Blue Mage, Puppetmaster and Corsair with WOTG rather than TOAU, years after introducing them.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by DeathbySnoosnoo View Post
    I appreciate the info(As I would love to be a fencer or musketeer) and I've been reading the 200 page thread. Just saying its still unconfirmed(that these are playable at launch or at all) and the title should reflect that in some manner.(That these are found Dats and NOT 100% certain)
    Its an alpha stage game right now. I think it goes without saying that everything is not 100% certain.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Someone said that the Arcanist NPCs give you some message about how you can't talk to them unless you have a mage class already leveled.

I wouldn't be surprised if Musketeer, Fencer, Enforcer, Arcanist, and Mystic were all "advanced" classes like in FFXI, where you have to unlock them after reaching a certain level.

Armorer, Goldsmith, and Carpenter were all listed in the menu at character creation, so we can be pretty sure they'll just be regular starter classes.

It's difficult to say with Shepherd though. It all depends on what it is. (Sounds like it could be an Ishgard thing.)

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Klaatu View Post
    I would love to see advance disciplines stem from initial jobs. For example: Gladiator —> Fencer, Archer —> Musketeer, Blacksmith —> Goldsmith & Armorer, Harvester —> Fisher & Shepherd. Basically, you must know one discipline to learn the next level. Evolution based job progression would be awesome, at least IMO.
    This isn't speculation, it is fan fiction.

Going on information from past games(in particular the FFTA games) doesn't seem like a good idea. Gladiator doesn't seem to be based on FFTA's Gladiator, they just both happen to be sword users(which make sense because they are both named after a sword).

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

About the Marauder thing, why couldn't Executioner (I assume this is the meaning of Exc) be the scythe using job? Do the .dats say that Exc uses Great Axe?

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    Gladiator doesn't seem to be based on FFTA's Gladiator, they just both happen to be sword users(which make sense because they are both named after a sword).
    I think the word has kind of taken on its own meaning at this point, though. Vagina means sword sheath in Latin but I think it's taken on a life of it's by now.

Also even if Executioner is the new name for Marauder, why do some people think it also uses the two handed great swords? Marauder is an all-axe class and imo should stay as such.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast