+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Audio File Tagger/Editer     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Audio File Tagger/Editer

Does anyone know any good program that fixes tags on audio files? Like removing the _ in the files or fixing the Artist/Album names?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Tag&Rename has a shitload of options and i remember being able to make my own menu buttons to do things like that (mass rename files, etc)

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmagik View Post
    Does anyone know any good program that fixes tags on audio files? Like removing the _ in the files or fixing the Artist/Album names?
    Tag Scanner (free) for tags (can also do limited rename functions) as well as making playlist files, and Better File Rename for real file renaming power. Can do stuff like what you mentioned: Replace all _ with (space) in all selected files. It's got a free trial, but cost $20 for the full thing (unless you get it by other means ofc). Definitely worth it though in my opinion.

The droplet feature is handy at times. Allows you to make an icon that will always perform a certain action on files dropped on it. Like one specifically for removing _ and replacing with spaces which is a frequent one for me. Just make the droplet then drag+drop files onto it and it'll rename them without any further action on your part. Also has the ability to use regular expressions and all that as well as batch and multi-step renaming.

TagScanner: http://download.cnet.com/TagScanner/...-10056506.html
    Better File Rename Trial: http://www.publicspace.net/windows/B.../download.html

2nded for Tag&Rename, been using it for a few years now. has everything you could possibly need, might be a small learning curve.

Rainbow Dash was here,
    Applejack is a silly filly.

BG Level

Foobar 2000