+ Reply to Thread
    Vacht

Going to San diego, need advice on where to stay!

So my girlfriend and I have decided on these two places, any advice is appreciated!!!

Roberts cottages, which are cozy little cottages right on the beach with free parking and any amenities you need in oceanside. I havnt been to oceanside in atleast 8 years, so i dont remember how far it is from 'stuff'.

http://www.robertscottages20.com/

Then there is also the bristol which is a highrise boutique hotel with modern furniture in the gas lamp district in downtown san diego.

http://www.thebristolsandiego.com/contact.htm

We stayed at the marriott del mar a few months ago and it was EHHH. So we are thinking downtown, or RIGHT on the beach this time. Staying on the beach is always great, but does anyone know these areas?

That one guy. Yup.
    BG Level

Try the Hotel Del Coronado if you've got the budget for it. Pretty amazing shit.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Try Hard Rock Hotel, that place was SUUUUUPER nice when I stayed there

Vacht

Cool, thanks guys! I think so far we're doing bristol because they just told us pets are allowed. We gonna bring our parrot

I can't really offer any advice on where to stay (even though the Lawrence Welk resort is pretty amazing), but I have to chime in that you MUST eat at Adalberto's. Order a California burrito and prepare yourself for the greatest culinary journey of a lifetime.

Vacht

Quote Originally Posted by pohibaba View Post
    I can't really offer any advice on where to stay (even though the Lawrence Welk resort is pretty amazing), but I have to chime in that you MUST eat at Adalberto's. Order a California burrito and prepare yourself for the greatest culinary journey of a lifetime.
    thats crazy you say that.. my girlfriend said she has been dying for a california burrito for like 3 months, but we nevver go.. all we have in arizona is rolbertos, filibertos, los bertos... any combination of bertos and its the same place i think.

But we will def try it out!

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Definitely stay in Downtown, Oceanside is pretty meh at best, it's like 15-20 mins away from everything and anything other than the beach. Don't know your ages, or what you are going to do, but downtown is the my safest bet with clubs, restaurants, bars and a mall all in walking distance. Yes California Burrito = god send, make sure you go to a nice taco shop tho and avoid most 'berto places that look ghetto since they use shitty canned meat which will give you the runs if your not used to that kinda food and get an horchata or jamaica mmmmmm lol

Ridill
    BG Level

http://www.thegrandecolonial.com/spe...ages/index.cfm

you won't find a better place at anything close to reasonable in an area remotely near that nice

You fall, we haul. Saving your Ass is my business
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Pantimic View Post
    Try the Hotel Del Coronado if you've got the budget for it. Pretty amazing shit.
    This. It right on coronado island, which is just a short 5 min ride over the bridge to Downtown or you can take the ferry across coronando bay, or the island it self is really nice. Cornando beach and the surrounding area are a great area.

Subduer of the Squenix
    BG Level

If you're looking for something a little different can try this place:
    http://www.balboaparkinn.com/

They have some crazy themed rooms/suites which are pretty fun (the smaller rooms are a bit lame though - I'd go for the bigger ones).

If you want to be in the middle of the action then I'd go for one of the places already mentioned but this is right on the park (walking distance to zoo etc) and it's a fairly unique experience. I had a few friends stay there when I was living in SD and they all enjoyed it. Have fun while there!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I would go on Craigslist and look up a one room vacation house rental in a place like Mission Beach or Ocean Beach. It's like $80-120 a night for a nice place a few blocks from the ocean for a one room condo. My friends and I rent places like this for the weekend to throw parties. You just need to take care of the place.