1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 39 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 23 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 10 hours, 39 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Japanese players are reporting that the log-in process is smooth this time around.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

We would like to take this opportunity to thank the testers in all regions for their continued participation and feedback during the FINAL FANTASY XIV Alpha Test.

As of Thursday, April 15, the submitted feedback numbers by region (and language) are as follows:

North America: 25,401
    Europe (English): 11,554
    Japan: 4,959
    Europe (German): 4,022
    Europe (French): 3,512

The alpha test phase is scheduled to continue with several more facets of the game becoming available to testers. As always, we ask that you take the time to submit feedback on any and all topics, and we look forward to hearing your opinions and suggestions.
    Way to go Japan!

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster View Post
    Japanese players are reporting that the log-in process is smooth this time around.
    I'm surprised they're reporting anything.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Might've spoken too soon, actually! People are getting disconnected now.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin View Post
    Way to go Japan!

While I doubt its the whole reason, those figures are interesting in that the order of reports follows the order of the testing sequence.

I wonder if the short downtime between each window is allowing SE to make server side changes that allow each group progressively slightly more stability and therefore more opportunity to give feedback.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin View Post
    Way to go Japan!

Quote Originally Posted by zalasta View Post
    Or you could look at it another way. Americans do like to complain, just look at the whining in the beta thread. So many frivolous demands.
    if it leads to a better gaming experience, i say complain away.

New Odin
    BG Level

Or you could look at it another way. Americans do like to complain, just look at the whining in the beta thread. So many frivolous demands.
    No wonder XI wasn't better, with the JP onry beta and all.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

I wonder if they included people complaining/reporting NDA breakings in those numbers.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

and we hate america so let's keep it that way.

Got my new computer, hopefully FFXIV will be smoother.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by meonline View Post
    While I doubt its the whole reason, those figures are interesting in that the order of reports follows the order of the testing sequence.

I wonder if the short downtime between each window is allowing SE to make server side changes that allow each group progressively slightly more stability and therefore more opportunity to give feedback.
    I don't think that's the issue at all. I doubt they do much if any server stability work in-between testing phases. I think that, for some reason. the NA and EU players are just better at reporting issues.

To be honest, those numbers are quite surprising to me. I thought the JP players would be at the top, with NA players following. Although that might be because I don't speak JP and only see the NA and EU players that complain about how they have to actually test the game, and how buggy and worthless it is because its not perfect in an alpha stage.

Perhaps the NA feedback consists of how they feel the game should be changed to be a mixed clone of WoW and FFXI, while the JP reports are actual bugs?

we don't know if the amount of people from each region accepted was equal. granted you'd think it would be if each gets its own play test time.

also don't forget japan had an extra day of testing (even if it closed early)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

American's loveee to QQ, I'm sure 90% of the feedback submissions are. "why isnt there a druid class," "is there gonna be end game content," "why can't i play a mithra in alpha"

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    American's loveee to QQ, I'm sure 90% of the feedback submissions are. "why isnt there a druid class," "is there gonna be end game content," "why can't i play a mithra in alpha"
    Don't forget reporting NDA breakers...The way the official forums look, NA testers seem to think that that's their main priority.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

As of Thursday, April 15, the submitted feedback numbers by region (and language) are as follows:

North America: 25,401
    Europe (English): 11,554
    Japan: 4,959
    Europe (German): 4,022
    Europe (French): 3,512
    So far there are 558 posts combined in the feedback threads on the NA forums. I'm going to say that the numbers posted above represent the amount of posts in all threads and forums (including general discussion) on the beta forums. And the GD forum is pretty much like the GD forum on Alla, with a 16 page thread entitled "*puts a piece of cheesecake in the middle of the room*"

are you sure its not bug reports and not anything to do with the forums?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by joxerthemighty View Post
    are you sure its not bug reports and not anything to do with the forums?
    Yes.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

So where the hell would one read about how the jp/eu tests are running? We have a spec thread, a job thread, and a official onry thread.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Bronzebeard

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    So where the hell would one read about how the jp/eu tests are running? We have a spec thread, a job thread, and a official onry thread.
    They generally run the same days, 7-11 JST and 6-10 GMT all news is in the Speculation thread from all 3 tests.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by joxerthemighty View Post
    we don't know if the amount of people from each region accepted was equal. granted you'd think it would be if each gets its own play test time.

also don't forget japan had an extra day of testing (even if it closed early)
    It was about 2000-2500 per region.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    So far there are 558 posts combined in the feedback threads on the NA forums. I'm going to say that the numbers posted above represent the amount of posts in all threads and forums (including general discussion) on the beta forums. And the GD forum is pretty much like the GD forum on Alla, with a 16 page thread entitled "*puts a piece of cheesecake in the middle of the room*"
    I'm guessing it's based on actual bug reports, not random discussion and certainly not including General Discussion, if they're even using post counts at all for part of the total.

I don't think they'd count posts about cheesecake when doing their tally.

"22,037... 22,038... this one's about cheesecake... 22,039... another cheesecake... 22,040... 22,041..."

Don't forget, also, that besides the Feedback thread, there's also the other alpha threads like Client Problems (with has nearly 1000 posts), Hardware, Network, etc. And that they're heavily moderated and reports probably disappear regularly as SE takes note of them.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

No announcement for Thursdays test yet?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast