1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 55 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 7 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 2 hours, 55 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trine Traverse
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by millay View Post
    No announcement for Thursdays test yet?
    No.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by millay View Post
    No announcement for Thursdays test yet?
    Wouldn't be surprised if 90% of the feedback submissions are all about the same things now, since the client hasn't been updated outside of client stability issues. So they may be doing less testing and working more on fixing said issues

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Upon investigating issues that occurred during the third FINAL FANTASY XIV Alpha Test, we have confirmed the following bugs:

- When changing areas, NPCs may disappear.
    - Character data can be corrupted in ways different from those previously addressed.

As it appears that it may take some time to correct these issues, we are planning to perform the next FINAL FANTASY XIV Alpha Test next week at the earliest.

We will publish a more detailed schedule at a later time. We ask for your patience in this matter.
    Looks like Tuesday... possible thursday and sunday as well

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

One thing I do like is every time I play, something new is fixed.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Important:

We have temporarily suspended the FINAL FANTASY XIV Alpha Version client download, along with the version update process.

Please note that you will receive an error if you attempt to either download the client or perform a version update at this time.

We will let you know once we reinstate the services in question. Until then, we ask for your patience in this matter.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    One thing I do like is every time I play, something new is fixed.
    And something new breaks.. :>

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    And something new breaks.. :>
    More like something has been fixed enough for us to notice how broken something else is.

Ex. First test people were DC'd or timed out so often they never left town. Since they fixed that (well, it's better anyway), people are discovering the zoning mechanic is broken.

Odds are it was broken the whole time but we just now as a group are able to notice it. So it might be 1 step forward, 0 steps back, but we just don't know how many steps back we started.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by LD View Post
    More like something has been fixed enough for us to notice how broken something else is.

Ex. First test people were DC'd or timed out so often they never left town. Since they fixed that (well, it's better anyway), people are discovering the zoning mechanic is broken.

Odds are it was broken the whole time but we just now as a group are able to notice it. So it might be 1 step forward, 0 steps back, but we just don't know how many steps back we started.
    It definitely was broken the whole time, because it happened to me the only time I got to play (second testing period).

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by LD View Post

its alpha; odds are you are about 1,000,0000 steps back.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post
    its alpha; odds are you are about 1,000,0000 steps back.
    If it's broken and it is discovered and gets fixed, I would call that a step forward. Perhaps whatever broken is large enough or complex enough to warrant a whole new client download. We really won't know until the new client is out and the Alpha testers feel like telling us how the game is once they get in.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Reiryuu View Post
    If it's broken and it is discovered and gets fixed, I would call that a step forward. Perhaps whatever broken is large enough or complex enough to warrant a whole new client download. We really won't know until the new client is out and the Alpha testers feel like telling us how the game is once they get in.
    Or perhaps they stopped the client download in order to change the way its downloaded to prevent people not in the alpha to download it?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    Or perhaps they stopped the client download in order to change the way its downloaded to prevent people not in the alpha to download it?
    I don't see why. It would get leaked sooner or later anyway.

Seriously, I'd think it's the most reasonable to guess that they just want to put up a new, better client, and don't need people hammering their servers with the old one.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    I don't see why. It would get leaked sooner or later anyway.

Seriously, I'd think it's the most reasonable to guess that they just want to put up a new, better client, and don't need people hammering their servers with the old one.
    Of course it will, but as long as people are able to download it from their own servers, they're not breaking any laws or anything, and as such they can't act upon it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yea, but why would they care anyway. What I'm trying to say is that S-E has other (and more important) problems to deal with than people getting hands on their client.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yea, but why would they care anyway. What I'm trying to say is that S-E has other (and more important) problems to deal with than people getting hands on their client.
    We might think so, yeah, but in SE's eyes protecting their property might take priority over everything.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

That's one problem because non testers weren't supposed to get the client to begin with.

What other problems are more important than protecting their software? That's usually one of the most important things to any kind of developer.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fixing it?
    They already let everyone use it before so the damage can't be undone. If they didn't want people to use it like that they could've blocked it before. I'm just agreeing with the opinion that because it happened now specifically it means there will be a new, updated client to download for the next alpha phase.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It'd be nice if the new client they release actually does more than pop up with a black window and an error message.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    THIS IS FOR ANNOUNCEMENTS of the ALPHA/BETA ONLY
    Hmmm...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Hmmm...
    Minor questions/discussions are allowed
    But yeah, idle chat should be kept to a minimum.

So, wonder if there will be a JP beta in three hours... or, if not (since still no announced date/time yet), hopefully they'll get it up and running in time for the NA beta tomorrow evening.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast