1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 32 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 23 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 10 hours, 32 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Given the fact that every test window has had at least 2 days notice, and there's almost no chance of them not having a Japanese window but adding a NA one at the last second...

I'd put your chances of a NA test tomorrow at somewhere between zero and none.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trine Traverse
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Here we go again.

The dates and times of the fourth test will be as follows. (All times are GMT.)

Fourth Alpha Test Schedule
    Dates and Times:
    Thursday, April 29, 2010 – 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. *1
    Thursday, April 29, 2010 – 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. *2
    Friday, April 30, 2010 – 1:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. *3

*1 Only users with Japan-based Square Enix accounts will be able to log in.
    *2 Only users with Europe-based Square Enix accounts will be able to log in.
    *3 Only users with North America-based Square Enix accounts will be able to log in.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

less confusing times for NA's

The dates and times of the fourth test will be as follows. (All times are PDT: GMT -7:00.)

Fourth Alpha Test Schedule
    Dates and Times:
    Thursday, April 29, 2010 – 3:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. *1
    Thursday, April 29, 2010 – 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. *2
    Thursday, April 29, 2010 – 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. *3

*3 Only users with North America-based Square Enix accounts will be able to log in.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

On Apr. 29, 2010 at 02:00 (GMT), a version update of the FINAL FANTASY XIV Alpha Version client was made available. The version update will begin automatically when the FINAL FANTASY XIV Alpha Version client is launched.
    * The FINAL FANTASY XIV Alpha Version client download and version update have resumed.

Additionally, there is no need to uninstall the client for this version update.
    Fresh update file size is 2.48 GB (You don't have to fresh install, I did).

Started off slow but seems to be downloading at a good pace.

http://www.cairxiv.net/images/blah.png

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Oh, didn't even see this:

As of Apr. 29, 2010, we have confirmed the following issues.
    Please note that the issues listed here do not need to be reported via the Bug Report form.

[Confirmed Issues]
    - When the Windows Security screen is shown by pressing Control-Alt-Delete, the following may occur:
    Title Screen: The FINAL FANTASY XIV Alpha Version may shut down.
    Game Screen: The target cursor, log window, and other graphics may be displayed improperly.
    * Please try to avoid using this command.

- During gameplay, the following may occur:
    - Graphics may be displayed incorrectly.
    - Error messages may appear.
    * If you experience any such problems, please log out and then back in again.

- During gameplay, characters may become unable to move in certain locations.
    * If this happens to your character, please use Warp or Teleport to free yourself. If this still does not solve the issue, please log in again or create a new character.

- On the title screen, after choosing "Start Game," the graphics may be displayed incorrectly.
    * If this occurs, please exit the program and load the FINAL FANTASY XIV Alpha Version once again.

- On the character selection screen, after pressing "Login with Selected Character," "Delete Character," "Select Entered Name," or "Confirm Created Character," an error message saying "The lobby server connection has encountered an error" may be displayed.
    * If this occurs, please exit the program and load the FINAL FANTASY XIV Alpha Version once again.

- If you enter active mode immediately after entering a new area, you may become unable to return to normal mode or use certain commands such as logging out.
    * If this occurs, log out in any way possible and then log back in. If logging out is not possible, force the FINAL FANTASY XIV Alpha Version client to quit and then log in again.

- Control over the mouse and keyboard may be lost when returning to the FINAL FANTASY XIV Alpha Version window after changing windows with Alt-Tab.
    * Please avoid changing windows this way.
    * If this occurs, force the FINAL FANTASY XIV Alpha Version client to quit and then log in again.

- Occasionally the screen may go back to the beginning of a given event and then end with an error message.
    * Once you have logged back in, you should be able to attempt the event once again.

[Corrected Issues]

--- 04/28/2010 ---

- We have implemented countermeasures to help improve the time it takes to do an area change or to login when there is a large amount of load on the server.

- We have implemented countermeasures to prevent NPCs and PCs from disappearing when there is a large amount of load on the server.

- We have updated the login process such that characters with corrupted data due to server issues will not be able to log in and will receive a "errCode 3054" error during login attempts. If you receive this error, please try to log in again. If you are unable to log in multiple times and receive the "errCode 3054" error, we ask that you please delete your character and make a new character.

- We have further stabilized the FINAL FANTASY XIV Alpha Version client.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

If you don't reinstall the update takes about 45 seconds, including install.

Fingers crossed the mobs and NPCs are all playing nice tonight.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Bronzebeard

Yea that was a tiny patch, sounds like they fixed some important issues this time round, lets all hope for a good test :D

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

heres to hoping!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

- Control over the mouse and keyboard may be lost when returning to the FINAL FANTASY XIV Alpha Version window after changing windows with Alt-Tab.
    * Please avoid changing windows this way.
    * If this occurs, force the FINAL FANTASY XIV Alpha Version client to quit and then log in again.
    I'm surprised they suggest this for correcting the "issue". All you have to do when alt+tabbing back is hit alt again. It's like when you hit alt and it highlights the menu bar, and you hit alt again and focus goes back to the main window. Except there's no menu bar, but that's just how it acts.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'd imagine they want people to not alt tab for a variety of reasons, this one is just convenient in that unless you know the "fix" its a real problem.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin View Post
    I'm surprised they suggest this for correcting the "issue". All you have to do when alt+tabbing back is hit alt again. It's like when you hit alt and it highlights the menu bar, and you hit alt again and focus goes back to the main window. Except there's no menu bar, but that's just how it acts.
    i've gotta try this i guess.
    for me I have several keyboards installed thru the language bar and if the keys arent active, i'd just switch keyboards (alt-shift) and it'd 'wake' the keys up lol

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by meonline View Post
    I'd imagine they want people to not alt tab for a variety of reasons, this one is just convenient in that unless you know the "fix" its a real problem.
    I can't think of why they wouldn't want you to alt-tab? The game isn't fullscreen, so it's not like your circumventing anything (like FFXI used to)

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    I can't think of why they wouldn't want you to alt-tab? The game isn't fullscreen, so it's not like your circumventing anything (like FFXI used to)
    There are lots of reasons that not having the window prioritized can cause issues I would think. I am not saying that you shouldn't be able to alt-tab, just saying the game is still very alpha.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Holy fuck I'm crashing like crazy lol.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Nothing about tomorrow? For shame.

Fifth Alpha Test Schedule (following times are in GMT)

Dates and Times:
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 – 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. *1
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 – 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. *2
    Friday, May 7, 2010 – 1:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. *3

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

* The fifth feedback submission period will begin with the launch of the fifth alpha test and continue until just before the launch of the sixth alpha test.
    They need to move on to the next phase :/

New Odin
    BG Level

I think they'd prefer making the servers stable enough that you can do 3 tests a week before moving on. :D

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Bronzebeard

Was starting to think there was guna be no test this week.

Did they say anything about whats been fixed (if anything) this week?

Internet Haet Machine
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowscythe View Post
    Fifth Alpha Test Schedule (following times are in GMT)

Dates and Times:
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 – 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. *1
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 – 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. *2
    Friday, May 7, 2010 – 1:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. *3

WTF? Then Europe is going to be may 7 at 3am gmt right???

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast