1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 36 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Conformity View Post
    THIS ALPHA SUCKS WTF I HATE ALPHA
    welcome to 1 month ago.. alpha's usually suck ;p

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

If they don't wanna test and wait 10 mins per log in try, I'll take an account and test the hell out of it. =/ I wanna try test FFXIV so bad...

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
    If they don't wanna test and wait 10 mins per log in try, I'll take an account and test the hell out of it. =/ I wanna try test FFXIV so bad...
    No one is going to give you their account - go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
    You shouldnt be a tester.....
    I've submitted 6 bug reports (same bug), has anything changed? No. Stop shitting up the thread.

If they don't wanna test and wait 10 mins per log in try, I'll take an account and test the hell out of it. =/ I wanna try test FFXIV so bad..
    That's not the issue, the issue is actually getting into the game and staying online. Heck, it's hard enough to even get past the black screen of Now Loading...

Edit: anyone else know of an alpha test with serious login issues for a whole month with no improvement?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by [Cookies] View Post
    I've submitted 6 bug reports (same bug), has anything changed? No. Stop shitting up the thread.

That's not the issue, the issue is actually getting into the game and staying online. Heck, it's hard enough to even get past the black screen of Now Loading...

Edit: anyone else know of an alpha test with serious login issues for a whole month with no improvement?
    Most alpha tests are not as open as this. SE really should not of made this part of the test FFXI players. the Next stage ok make it more open, but this part should not be...

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Thulius Deorum
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Personally I've seen nothing but improvement throughout the alpha testing. I didn't get stuck on a loading screen once during the last test and the queue system worked perfectly. Mobs/NPCs disappearing also got fixed last week and servers have steadily gotten more stable.

I'm not saying it's impossible for other people to be having issues, but to say that there's been no improvement is just plain wrong.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Thulius View Post
    Personally I've seen nothing but improvement throughout the alpha testing. I didn't get stuck on a loading screen once during the last test and the queue system worked perfectly. Mobs/NPCs disappearing also got fixed last week and servers have steadily gotten more stable.

I'm not saying it's impossible for other people to be having issues, but to say that there's been no improvement is just plain wrong.
    This.

Every test is more stable and more playable than the one before it for me.

IF your having issues with not being able to login or stay connected then its likely your PC, your ISP, or some other non server issues.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by meonline View Post
    This.

Is that the case today too?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yes. 1 R0 after 90mins and the 2 bugs I reported last week that I could replicate 100% of the time are both fixed now.

This.

IF your having issues with not being able to login or stay connected then its likely your PC, your ISP, or some other non server issues.
    No. I could log into the first alpha test just fine. Subsequent alpha tests I haven't been able to get past the Now Loading screen.

The issue isn't stability once logged in if you can't log in at all.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Well, I'm glad things are becoming MORE stable. =) Time to leave thread be and speculate. Thread is horribly going off track.

BTW, i will NEVER go away. kthanxbai

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

No. I could log into the first alpha test just fine. Subsequent alpha tests I haven't been able to get past the Now Loading screen.

The issue isn't stability once logged in if you can't log in at all.
    You are the only person I know with this issue

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Cookies bitching about not being able to log in is nothing new. He shat up another thread so badly that Ksandra had to delete like 4 pages of posts lol

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Cookies bitching about not being able to log in is nothing new. He shat up another thread so badly that Ksandra had to delete like 4 pages of posts lol
    I wasn't bitching actually, I said i'd see if tonight was an improvement but you people don't read posts before you nerd rage. I was expecting a ban after that last shitstorm to be honest. :D

Tonight I was able to log in for a while, although after a while I d/ced and couldn't log back in due to a server error. I have a feeling that error has something to do with moving around while r0ing. I submitted a bug report so hopefully in the coming weeks we'll see further improvements. The login process is a little slow at the moment but i'd imagine that's due to server load mostly.

Have fun.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I wasn't bitching actually, I said i'd see if tonight was an improvement but you people don't read posts before you nerd rage. I was expecting a ban after that last shitstorm to be honest. :D

Tonight I was able to log in for a while, although after a while I d/ced and couldn't log back in due to a server error. I have a feeling that error has something to do with moving around while r0ing. I submitted a bug report so hopefully in the coming weeks we'll see further improvements. The login process is a little slow at the moment but i'd imagine that's due to server load mostly.

Have fun.
    Was the r0 about 90mins into the test?

A large number of people were DC'ed around then and unable to get back in for about 45mins or so, it wasn't just you.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

no problems logging in. queue was a given.

no random crashing, means to say they've been working to get rid of all the fatal bugs..
    some glitches, like graphic glitches and text-based script errors.. no biggie..

never d/ced from the moment I logged in today. Then again, another important thing to note is that I made the decision to entirely avoid Lower La Noscea... and what a good choice that was.

Was the r0 about 90mins into the test?

A large number of people were DC'ed around then and unable to get back in for about 45mins or so, it wasn't just you.
    Nah it was about 30 minutes in, after leaving Limsa.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Nah it was about 30 minutes in, after leaving Limsa.
    Out of all the fan driven sites discussing the beta you are the only one repeatedly having the issue - which starts to draw away from them, and more towards you(as for the issue start point).

Quote Originally Posted by loyaltrekie View Post
    Out of all the fan driven sites discussing the beta you are the only one repeatedly having the issue - which starts to draw away from them, and more towards you(as for the issue start point).
    Did you even read my post? I was able to log in this time.

Taking these from the official EU alpha forums.

General observations (compared to previous alpha runs)

* During this alpha run (fifth), I had a lot more trouble with the ‘Black Screen of Death’ as in previous runs (i.e. when switching to another area, using the Teleport or Return options, or selecting your character from the character selection page, the screen would go black with the 'Now Loading' animation running, but the actual game would not load, not even after 5 or more minutes of waiting). About halfway through the run (around 9:30 pm till 10:30 pm) I had to try for almost an hour to get back in the game. During that time I had five occasions when I got this ‘Black Screen of Death’, forcing me to shut down the client and start up again (of course losing my ticket in the waiting queue and putting me back at the end of the line again).

* Just before I could log back in again (10:30 pm) I got two 30002 Errors in a row trying to log back in (once with a 3:1273177441,0,5 code, once with a 3:1273177584,0,5 code).

* At some point doing the ‘Slamming the Doors’ quest, my connection indicator turned red and stayed at ‘S76, R0’ for well over 10 minutes. I could still run around, the timer of my levequest still continued to count down, I could see and target players and mobs… but all was static, nobody else but me moved and even though I could target mobs/players, I couldn't engage/talk to them. I also could access the teleport/return/logout menu, but none of the options worked. I had to shut down the client and start it up again.
    Oh, the black screen issues I experienced the last few tests?

Ok so I managed to play for about 1h before being kicked from the game. I have been trying to get back in now for an hour and a half...
    Seems the login queue system still needs some work. I just waited 13 minutes to move from position 10 in the queue to get past the queue, and have now been on a black screen with the loading symbol for 4 minutes. If I've waited in a queue to get onto the server, shouldn't the server be ready for me? lol
    And again. Right. Because I am the only person having this issue and it is MY fault.

Those are taken from one feedback thread alone and won't include any bug reports. If you'd like I can spend my time screenshotting the forums, maybe you'd like me to give you my account so you can test things yourself?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Bronzebeard

maybe you'd like me to give you my account so you can test things yourself?
    I would be happy to if you don't feel up to testing anymore

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast