1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 14 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 21 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 12 hours, 14 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 155 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

My theory is that buying/crafting arrows increases your max capacity for that arrow type while using the replenish skill would fill your stock up to your current max capacity for whatever arrow type you're replenishing. I'm basing this off the fact that in one of the videos a guy showed his inventory and it listed his current bronze arrow count as 94/99. This means if he used replenish, he would be back up to 99 (or for example if he had had 54/59, it would've taken it up to 59 with 54 being your current amount of arrows and 59 being your "max capacity" from arrows bought/crafted so far)

We'll just see later on I guess

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarhawk View Post
    My theory is that buying/crafting arrows increases your max capacity for that arrow type while using the replenish skill would fill your stock up to your current max capacity for whatever arrow type you're replenishing. I'm basing this off the fact that in one of the videos a guy showed his inventory and it listed his current bronze arrow count as 94/99. This means if he used replenish, he would be back up to 99 (or for example if he had had 54/59, it would've taken it up to 59 with 54 being your current amount of arrows and 59 being your "max capacity" from arrows bought/crafted so far)

We'll just see later on I guess
    I don't think it's quite going to be like that. Otherwise once you bought one stack of arrows you'd never have to buy more, and I doubt that's what SE has in mind, assuming I read your post right.

I imagine it more like: You stock up at town, your replenish ability lets your arrows go longer for the money you paid for them so you don't have to restock nearly as much or carry so many arrows into the field with you.

So, say you can replenish 9 arrows every 30 seconds, but your average use of them is 12 arrows every 30 seconds. You gain a lot back, but you will eventually need to restock.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by ScGr View Post
    At this point it seems contradicting for anything to be put in the action bar that isn't activated manually.
    Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    I expect anything that triggers an automatic action to dissapear (Zanshin, Double Attack, Counter, Kick Attacks, Triple Attack) and getting converted into active abilities.
    This is pretty much what they want to do. They have removed auto attack for a reason. They want to get away from the passive attacks that happen. Especially things like Counter where it is a reactionary technique. It allows them to balance things a bit easier and give monsters similar abilities that will have a cooldown. Expect to see more "if > then" type abilities as things scale higher and higher out of the alpha range.

Quote Originally Posted by Newber View Post
    MAttack Bonus, Store TP, Subtle Blow, Accuracy Bonus-- all easily adaptable. They don't all have to be ripped from FFXI. I could definately see Lancers getting a trait that increases their maximum melee attack range.
    Quote Originally Posted by meonline View Post
    At this stage I think the best evidence against traits is that so far there are none that we know of. Sure FFXI had them, but FFXIV is already significantly different, so that's a leap of faith, not evidence.

I'm not saying there will be no traits, or that I dont want them, just that anyone elses speculation is as valid as yours at this point..
    The question is... why do you not want them? With out a system of level based traits or some talent/spec system, there needs to be away to passively buff each "class" as we level it up. Without a system of "traits" you push these "buffs" into the realm of the hidden. Something that is not unheard of from SE, but they are doing their best to put once hidden stats out to the forefront thus far.

If you do not want traits what do you want? There needs to be something, because if all you gain while leveling is some stat points and a few abilities or ranks of existing abilities, will you truly feel stronger as you level?

Or do you just expect Pugilist attack speed to be constant from 1-50?

Shepherd = Beast Master?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by niwaar View Post

The question is... why do you not want them?

Quote Originally Posted by meonline View Post
    I'm not saying there will be no traits, or that I dont want them
    Reread my post.

I think traits are a great way to define a class. I personally want to see them in, but not able to be used cross class.

My original post was a reply, not speculation of my own.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

well, gladiator class gonna use these weapons so far:

scimitar
    gladius
    hawktail
    bastard sword

buckler
    round shield
    lantern shield

Which means, that gladiator is gonna be the one that uses 2h shields ,unless there comes another tank class

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Aren't bastard swords usually two handed swords?

New Odin
    BG Level

In XI it was just large one handed weapon with more delay and damage.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Bronzebeard

Think the replenish arrows skill works in that it replenishes the arrows you have equiped with the same arrows you hold in your inventory.

A couple people mentioned that whilst in battle if they ran out of arrows they couldn't equip a new stack, so I expect it's something to do with this.

It doubt it means you can make arrows out of thin air you have to have them in your inventory.

Can be either, they are called Bastard swords for a reason

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

What was the cooldown on the replenish skill Archers started with? I wouldn't be surprised if they went with some lengthy cooldown to compliment the people who play in shorter bursts, but if you're doing non stop grindan for hours you'll run out and have to carry or craft more. Although that brings up another question, does anyone know if you can carry multiple stacks of the same item? I imagine you would be able to, but if not that'll probably give reason to make arrows in the field.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

i tought it would use mp or something to replenish arrows.

on the subject of traits i either see them being gained as you level up and being exclusivr to your class or locked t your weapon better said. or being gained like BLU get them in FFXI basicly certain combo's of abilities will create traits. equiping alot of defensive abilities and the system will assume your a tank thus giving you a defense boost etc.

this way they can still be locked to certain classes because some classes have abilities that are locked to them so you cant use that in a combination with other abilities on a different class to get a trait that requires the locked abilitie

EDIT: i don know where the 2handed shield came from but if it exist i think it would not really be 2 handed but more along the lines of a main hand weapon and ofhand shile combo that is locked. so when you equip it it would automaticly equip the sword in your hand and the shield in your offhand. but yea i have no clue where the two handed shield came from.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Bronzebeard

Seems traits are like the replenish MP effect conjurers get (Trance Chant i think it was called), you can't equip this to any other class but a conjurer.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Sereal_Killer View Post
    EDIT: i don know where the 2handed shield came from but if it exist i think it would not really be 2 handed but more along the lines of a main hand weapon and ofhand shile combo that is locked. so when you equip it it would automaticly equip the sword in your hand and the shield in your offhand. but yea i have no clue where the two handed shield came from.
    These were all found in the .dats:
    - Pet Food
    - Shepherding Equipment
    - Materials / Dyes
    - Weapons / Two-Handed Shields
    - Weapons / Great Swords
    - Weapons / Precious Swords
    - Weapons / Rapiers
    - Weapons / Off-Hand Rapiers
    - Weapons / Clubs
    - Weapons / Muskets
    - Weapons / Great Bows
    - Weapons / Magic Weapons (Rods, Scepters, Wands, Truncheons)
    - Weapons / Two-Handed Magic Weapons (Croziers, Staves, Canes, Signi)
    - Accessories / Wrist
    - Accessories / Index/Ring Finger
    - All crafting tools had secondary hand equivalents

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kensaki View Post
    No, they are a halfway point between a one handed sword and a two handed sword. So they would either be used as a heavy one handed or a light two handed depending on what the wielder wanted. If anything they are considered a 1 1/2 handed sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I hope they implement some way to use enemy skills, BLU in FFXIV if you will. I always had a lot of fun using or learning specific enemy spells in the past FF's.
    pretty much the only thing i liked about FF9 was the way you could learn skills/magic from ennemies. played on the collection friendzy too. never got to see how that was implemented in FFXI but still would be a better way to learn skills rather than just leveling or buying. boosting the exploration and hunt aspects of the game.

Vuitton

I think the CD on replenish will be short and only limited by your mp?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

About Archer's Replenish: You only get arrows that you currently have equipped afaik. It didn't work when I unequipped arrows, for example. The cooldown was rather short, I don't remember it actually using MP, and I'm pretty certain it created arrows. I don't think it shuffled the 2 arrow stacks you start with, because I've definitely fired more than 99 arrows, and I'm still on my first stack. (Albeit, like ~20, but I still have a stack of 99 waiting.)

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kargath

Has anyone in alpha tried pugilist and can give their experience with it?

I'm almost sure i read every page in the last thread and didn't see anything about pugilists.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

have'nt found this anywhere, but are the alpha tests going to resume as normal this week?

hopefuly they got a lot of kinks out, and it will be smoother for testers to really get some testing done.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by mr.bryce View Post
    pretty much the only thing i liked about FF9 was the way you could learn skills/magic from ennemies. played on the collection friendzy too. never got to see how that was implemented in FFXI but still would be a better way to learn skills rather than just leveling or buying. boosting the exploration and hunt aspects of the game.
    the only thing i didnt like about learning blu abilities was the fact that it wasnt always guaranteed you would learn an ability after the monster performs it. other then that it was pretty cool.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 155 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast