Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kitron Macaron     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Kitron Macaron

These were brought up in one of the HQ threads or stupid question thread referring to its hidden effects of reducing break rate. Anyways, I read this on ffxiah.com http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=5781

Quote Originally Posted by Roox of Carbuncle
    After testing a whole stack of these macarons I can confirm that the break rate does hit rock bottom but at the cost of less HQs even after testing it out on a T3 synth. Based on 641 total synths I only failed 14 times which is roughly 2.18% fail rate, which is improved drastically basing it on a 5% rate, the downwards is I only got 113 HQs (doesn't matter which tier since its the same) which turns into 17.62%, comparing it on a rough 50% based on a T3 synth.

This makes me believe that a really good use for these is synths that don't require HQs and whatever loss costs a lot of money IE Imp. Wootz ingots.

For those wanting to know how i tested it, I synthed Meat Mithkabobs (cap 38) with a cooking skill of 100+3.
    Does anyone know this guy, has anyone done testing themselves?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I think a better way to test the break would be on something other than a T-3 synth.. Maybe on a skill up item 5+ lvls above would be more adequate. I'll start some testing tomorrow... just to see. I dont believe i will be suprised though.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Why is a t3 synth bad to test on? 5% break rate is pretty well proven, and 641 synths is a pretty big sample size. Not huge, but it's not tiny either. In any case, I was always afraid that it lowered HQ rate and this seems to point towards that being right. Great food for synths that you don't want to hq, but bad when trying for hq's. Wonder how much it lowers t0 hq rate. Would suck to test that one though, since you would need such a huge sample size.

edit: wonder if these also stack with the craft nq rings to give a 1% break rate. that would be pretty awesome for stuff like imp. wootz ingots, making threads, cloth, etc.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So would the other two macaroons have different effects? One increased break and HQ rate?

Theres three though, I dunno what #3 would even do... Less chance of losing items when breaking? Either way I am grabbing myself a stack of kitron macaroons for desynthing soulflayer staves now :D

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'll have to start keeping track of all the synths I do, I always use macarons unless its something ridiculously cheap. I've never noticed a lowered HQ rate but I haven't kept track. I'll be making tons of arrows/nin tools today so ill post what I get when its done, but so far:

73 synths - 0 breaks
    of the 73, 66 were synths that can HQ
    66 synths, 24 NQ of those = 36% NQ rate so far.

Obviously very small sample but its not even noon yet so I'll have plenty more later!\

Also I've tried using macaron for desynth and they still break like fucking crazy.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I think I'll do a 100 sample on both coffee and cherry macarons to try and determine, if either is a hq booster, which it is.

Judging from that I'll then go ahead and do a big multi batch of, oh I dunno I guess demon arrowheads sounds like a good one.

To remove day/time/month/direction, I will always face west or something, and do an alternating synthing system.

Synth 40~50 with macaron, 40~50 without, rinse and repeat. I might need to get my hands on a bastokan waystone now, since as of this morning bastok is in the lead >.<

Unless anyone knows of a decently average WWing synth that has one or two stackable materials and the return stacks as well, allowing me to pump out lots of synths in one sitting without fear of inventory space...?

So far scorpion arrowheads look best as I can make everything but the fletchings which aren't hard to locate.

Also as per the effect of the third macaron, mayhaps its something like, kitron is +success/-HQ, coffee is -success/+HQ and cherry is something like increased chance/rate of skillups + some kind of detrimental effect like higher risk of breaking? I dunno.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post

Unless anyone knows of a decently average WWing synth that has one or two stackable materials and the return stacks as well, allowing me to pump out lots of synths in one sitting without fear of inventory space...?
    Shihei

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Shihei only stack to average 2 synths/stack, not really saving much space.

I was more thinking of something like arrowheads or fletchings if I had the skill to HQ those. Stacks greatly into products, and the mats barely take up any room.

Hmmm hm hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    Shihei only stack to average 2 synths/stack, not really saving much space.
    Turn them into toolbags while synthing??? derb

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aumaan Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

To add to the workload a bit, don't forget there are actually six food items potentially related to crafting- the three rusks also (Sugar Rusk, Chocolate Rusk, Coconut Rusk), added at the same time and sharing the 'artisan'-related-description theme.

When they were first pointed out to me I thought the number 6 was suspicious, since it frequently ties in to elemental affinities (excluding light/dark) when it comes up in ffxi, but this doesn't seem very consistent with crafting, which, uh, doesn't exclude light/dark.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

How about we just focus on one? Screw the other 5 for now.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Well didn't get to synth anything today but I did 313 synths last night:

313 total synths
    5 total breaks = 1.597%

Of those

176 were synths with 1 subcraft
    3 of those 176 were breaks = 1.705%

---HQ rates----

T3s:

108 HQ of 203 synths

T2s:

23 HQs of 103 synths

I'll continue to record my synths results, but when you consider the fact that normally multiple craft recipes have a higher breakrate and here its only 1-2%, seems like its doing something. Doesn't seem to lower my HQs either.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Eyeballing the break rates and sample sizes, I would think Rusks and Macarons have 2 different effects, and those within the family are of different grades.

Based on material rarity, perhaps it is -1% break rate per Macron.
    Cherry Macaron - ~1%
    Coffee Macaron - ~2%
    Kitron Macaron - ~3%

Rusk, anyone's guess at what it does. I'll not be too optimistic and say it will shift HQ rates.
    Sugar Rusk
    Chocolate Rusk
    Coconut Rusk

Try logs for Woodworking? Sell well too...ebony and ancient.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Lets just say i was very bored this evening.... so i figgured i would see if anything happened to the opposite side of the spectrum.. desynths!

Out of 100 mythril earringt desynths....
    No food:
    62 breaks (materials lost 40 times)
    12 nq desynths
    26 hq desynths

Kitron Macaronis
    54 breaks (loss on 33)
    25 nq desynths
    21 hq desynths

For what it's worth, that was a lot more nq desynths... but only 1 test tells little.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Anyone (Zouri?) that does break-synthing can check if Rusk reduces chance of item lost on a break?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

the difference of 7 items lost over 100 desynths was far too low to be conclusive. Ive been too busy at work and home to sit and desynth like that recently, but maybe tomorrow evening i will do a few thousand more synths just to see.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Thanks. Just to be sure, I am referring to Coconut Rusk, and not Kitron Macaron, for the testing of lower chance on item loss on break effect.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If there are 3 rusks and 3 macarons of varying level and cost, and we have found kitron to give noticable increase to success rate and loss of hq, then Im gonna make a wild stab in the dark and guess the rusks do the opposite. I'll test those instead of macarons as theres plenty of evidence for now to make a half decent inference.

Sandy has control so bloody bolts it looks like methinks...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Jimothy didn't record a loss of HQ though.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by tymora View Post
    Jimothy didn't record a loss of HQ though.
    I know I was basing my stuff off the study posted in OP.

Either way even if the food doesn't adversely effect other half of crafting Im guessing the rusks will boost hq rate if macarons boost success.

Thus I am hunting down a 100 chef with coconut rusk mats in hand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast