+ Reply to Thread
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Anyone know Nobunaga's Ambition Online or Fantasy Earth Online?

I know Fantasy Earth is still going, and I saw that Nobunaga's Ambition was still running when I booted up my JP PS2 with PSBBN on it earlier. The update list for NAO looks like it gets frequent version upgrades. The GAMECITY channel for it on PSBBN is the only one remaining that they didn't shut down last year.

Anyway, I was wondering how easy these games are to get into for importers without much kanji experience, and what they are like. FE seems to be PC-only, and NAO seems to be PS2-only. I'm kind of amazed that NAO has been running so long with only a JP PS2 following, when FFXI couldn't be profitable under those conditions.

Any English wiki or anything for these games for a basic explanation? Youtube videos aren't usable on the computer I'm on right now, it's too old at 350 MHz G4 and 512 MB RAM.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Fantasy Earth is coming to english-speakers, or has come already. A couple months ago they had the english beta test for it. Not sure what has happened since then.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    Fantasy Earth is coming to english-speakers, or has come already. A couple months ago they had the english beta test for it. Not sure what has happened since then.
    The game sucked pretty bad, massive server latency issues, and most of us just stopped playing it.