2 1.02%

9 4.57%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Rate it     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    I still don't understand how people are confused over the story in FFXIII. Besides the NES games, this is probably the simplest story in the series.
    It's confusing because the first thing that the characters do when the game sets up the rules of the Fal'cie, being branded as a La'cie, and their Focus, is break those rules. They choose to ignore their focus. Then why don't they turn into Cie'th immediately? They set it up so that Fal'cie who don't complete their focus turn into Cie'th, but they're ambiguous on the time frame, and even though the brand on their bodies increasing in size, number and direction of branches is meant to give us a time frame, very little focus was paid to that point and as a result I never felt any sense of urgency, ever. I was playing through it hoping it would end.

Because all the rules they set up for the game were broken at the get-go, and because of the little specificity they provided outside of the Compendium, much of the lore just felt half-assed and poorly thought out. Don't make me read the compendium to find out specifics and logistics for the lore the devs provided us. Something like that should be supplemental, not essential.

Each cut scene was a tired, boring drawn-out motivational speech to get one character who didn't feel like pressing on to press on. That's why people skipped them. Save for the scenes with Sara and the ones with Barthandalus, they offered little to no insight into what the hell is going on and little story progression, just endless drivel about pushing on to complete their Focus and "find stuff out!", which actually wasn't the original Focus they were given because they made up a new one but faced no consequences for it, even though the game said in the beginning there would be horrible consequences for not completing your focus.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Can't believe not one person mentioned the soundtrack. Hands-down my favorite from FF of all time.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

haven't listened to soundtrack but those few songs on main site are pretty nice

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

I would have rated it a 10 if it wasnt for the game being so restrictive as to where i can go for the first portion of the game, i just wish the world would have been open before the end of the game. The story was great only thign i would change are the voices or personalities of Hope and Vanniel >_> i cant stand those types of characters.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9