• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Xbox360 Wired Controller/Windows 7 Help!

Hello I have just bought a new pc with windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, ive installed FFXI ect and ive come to the part i have been dreading... setting up my 360 wired controller to work with ffxi. I have done this before on XP and Vista i kinda winged it through a guide someone made using XBCD and a few drivers.
    I have the controller working perfectly Accept the Triggers i know FFXI doesnt recognize them as buttons but has anyone found the solution to this on windows 7? Basically i need drivers to make the triggers work on FFXI (Xpadder i heard is a 2-3second delay for macro pallets) Please help :D thankyou.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Should be an option under XBCD somewhere that allows you to have the triggers act as a button.

The reason XPadder doesn't work is because it's mapping a keyboard press to the controller and not a controller press, which FFXI reacts differently to for the macro window.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

hmm i tried downloading XBCD for windows 7 but it doesnt want to install the program or install the drivers but i dont think XBCD is windows 7 compatible atm. i havent heard of anyone on the forums ive been reading using XBCD on windows 7 but i gave it a try but no luck. thankyou anyways XBCD did work for me on xp but i guess its abit old for 7.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

pretty sure you can map the triggers using the ghetto FFXI configuration program that comes w/ XI. It's been years, but I think that's how I got it work

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

no thats the problem im having FFXI doesnt understand that 360 controller has triggers lol and windows 7 wont let XBCD drivers onto my 360 controller and therefor my XBCD cant find my controller >.<!