FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

THE

WOMAN

OF

SCIENCE.

Also that actor is 99.9% on the spot for Loki. I hope to god he's a giant cunt/troll to Thor in the movie.

Tio Derp
    DHC Glitch of the House of Weave

BG Level

Posters look good.

New Merits
    BG Level

I hope Heimdall isn't evil, the good guys could use that extra 2mp a tick on ballads.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._8117074_n.jpg
    http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._3221764_n.jpg
    http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...6_689335_n.jpg
    http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._1129934_n.jpg

And Ultimate Hawkeye has also been confirmed to appear in the film

"he'll wear glasses, a bullet proof vest, and a quiver."

Quote from Killerfilm: " His cameo in the film will apparently more than just some walk on, and will have dialogue and use his famous bow. Although, it’s uncertain if his appearance will go beyond the scene that was shown. "

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

actual movie clip

Kat Dennings <3

Ridill
    BG Level

mtv calls that an "exclusive'? That's the scene they've been showing in basically every trailer.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://www.mtv.com/shared/promoimage...20/281x211.jpg

For years, Marvel has had the habit of seeding their movies with teases to other upcoming film projects -- and it looks like this summer's "Thor" is no different. Who better to go up against a demigod with a magical hammer than... an archer?!

During a presentation by Walt Disney Pictures today at the theater owners' event CinemaCon, attendees were surprised when the House of Mouse showed a sizzle reel with footage from Marvel movies past, present and future. Amongst the moving pictures on display was new footage from "Thor," including an eye-opening shot of Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye.

"Basically, Hawkeye's costume is going to be very similar to the Ultimates version of the character," reported ComingSoon.net. "In the concept art, we see Renner wearing similar dark glasses and a leather outfit with a matching over-the-shoulder leather quill for his arrows, only the movie version of Hawkeye has the S.H.I.E.L.D. logo emblazoned on it to show his government allegiances."

Back in February, MTV News interviewed Renner on the Oscars red carpet in which the actor talked about the "Avengers" script and Hawkeye's costume.

Other footage shown at CinemaCon featured Thor smashing his hammer to the ground and "causing waves of destruction," and what is speculated to be pre-visualization animatics for "The Avengers" movie.

The footage also included a brief interview with actor Mark Ruffalo talking about his role as the Hulk in "The Avengers," saying that his character was "definitely" going to be a hero rather than the rampaging catalyst as seen in the inaugural "Avengers" comic.

http://splashpage.mtv.com/wp-content...03/hawkeye.jpg
    http://splashpage.mtv.com/2011/03/30...hulk-avengers/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Merchandising; Dr. Pepper Promo

Spoiler: show
    PLANO, Texas, March 31, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Combining superpowers with Marvel Studios, Dr Pepper today announced its sponsorship of "Thor," the highly anticipated feature film, with the launch of its Quest for the Can consumer promotion. Beginning March 31, Dr Pepper fans across the country can unleash the power of Thor and win the ultimate Super Hero powers of flight, speed and strength by locating one of the limited-edition Dr Pepper Hammer cans or caps and entering the winning code at DrPepper.com.

"Dr Pepper is thrilled to extend its partnership with Marvel and give our fans the chance to become part of the 'Thor' adventure," said Dave Fleming, director of marketing for Dr Pepper. "Our fans have expressed a thirst for superpowered experiences that go above and beyond, which is exactly what we're giving them through the Dr Pepper Quest for the Can promotion."

With the power of flight, Dr Pepper fans can rule the skies during a ride in an authentic fighter jet. With the power of speed, fans can shatter the 200 mph barrier during a ride in a supercar. With the power of strength, fans receive personal training sessions that can turn their body into the same Super Hero shape of "Thor" star Chris Hemsworth.

Every code found on collectible Dr Pepper Hammer cans and caps is a winner – by registering with their code on DrPepper.com, Dr Pepper fans will also receive a free one-month subscription to Marvel Digital Comics. While only a few lucky fans will win the ultimate Super Hero experience, Dr Pepper fans also have the chance to win additional prizes such as 3-D televisions, airline gift cards, premium movie tickets or a year's supply of Dr Pepper.

To promote the Dr Pepper Quest for the Can, Stan Lee, the co-creator of "Thor" will make cameo appearances in new Dr Pepper television advertising. With Lee as a knowing onlooker, the new commercial shows an unsuspecting Dr Pepper fan assisted accidentally by Thor at obtaining a limited edition Dr Pepper Hammer Can. Created by Deutsch LA, the commercial begins airing on April 18.

The movie partnership also includes limited-edition Dr Pepper cans featuring "Thor" characters. For more information, to request free codes or to redeem codes found on specially marked Dr Pepper products, visit DrPepper.com. No purchase necessary. Requests for free codes must be received by and promotion ends 6/30/11. Codes must be redeemed by July 31, 2011. Subject to full Official Rules. "Thor" opens nationwide on May 6, 2011.
    http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...118989884.html
    http://www.drpepper.com/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...s-Elba-007.jpg

Idris Elba wants to know, on a scale of one to 10, how intimidating I find him in person. "Do you think I'm terrifying?" he asks. "I always wondered about that."

It's a glorious spring afternoon in south London's leafy Richmond and we are lounging in sunlight in an old-fashioned hotel bar. Elba, who is sitting sideways on the sofa opposite me, has moulded his tall frame into the cushions and is chuckling with a gruff laugh. He needs a shave – there are speckles of grey in his stubble – but other than that the 38-year-old is instantly recognisable.

How you would recognise him depends on your TV sensibilities. For devotees of The Wire, he is the man who played the iconic Stringer Bell – the thinking person's gangster. Elba says his more recent role as a troubled cop in the BBC's Luther is just as likely to draw attention since that series first aired last year. But it's not because of his onscreen roles that we are discussing the improbable subject of whether or not Elba is intimidating. We have both noticed a theme in previous press coverage about him, with articles that begin something like this: "Idris Elba is big, black and scary looking."'

What does he think about this, I want to know. Elba seems to me a real people's person; a man as affable and laid back in real life as he can be powerful and intimidating on screen. He wants my assessment of how scary he is – and I give him a two. "Two!" he protests. "At least give a man a seven!" he demands in a classic Hackney accent. We both laugh.

There is a darker side to this question though. It's quickly apparent that at the core of Elba's ethos as an actor is a relentless work grind, and performances that demand recognition for their quality alone. He is, he insists, a good actor who is black, rather than a "black actor". In spite of that, these basic prejudices persist with a stubbornness that is frustrating.

"In scripts you are still often seen like that – imposing, athletic, scary," says Elba. "The way to break that cycle is just to do. Take my latest film, Thor, for example. It's not written for a black man – it's just a character. And that's the way forward."

Thor is certainly a different kind of role for Elba – his first foray into the realm of the superhero. Based on the Marvel comics, Thor has been described by critics as a somewhat counter-intuitive blend of Nordic mythology, CGI special effects and the unlikely direction of Kenneth Branagh.

Elba joins an impressive cast, including Anthony Hopkins and Natalie Portman, to play Heimdall, the god who mans the bridge between the human world and Asgard, the realm of the gods. He is clearly excited about the film and says he can't wait to take his nine-year old daughter Isan to see it.

"It's an extraordinary visual spectacular," says Elba. "It's different from anything else I've done; but at the same time, it's been pointed out to me that here I am playing a central, solid figure again – the one that people should trust. Take Stringer or Luther – that seems to be a common denominator in the characters I play."

Casting Elba to play a Nordic god has not been without controversy. As a black person who was born in Norway, I tell Elba I personally don't see what all the fuss is about, prompting more of his trademark chesty chuckle.

"When Kenneth asked me to be part of it, I did find myself questioning race," Elba confesses. "But Kenneth hadn't even given that a thought. He just needed an actor who has presence and command, and felt that I fitted the bill.

"It was so refreshing – and a testament to him as an actor and director that his casting was genuinely colour blind. I feel very proud of being part of that movie."

It's no accident that Elba should find himself breaking through colour barriers in the role he plays. He tells me how, 20 years ago right here in Richmond, he set out to do exactly that, with an agent whose office was just down the road from the hotel where we are meeting.

"When I was 18 and I got my first agent, we set out together to construct a journey that allowed us to do more than 'black acting', says Elba. "The role of my agent has just been to get me in the room. If I can get in the room – say the character is just a charming man who lives next door – then I'll walk in there and be as charming as I can and they will think to themselves, 'I don't see why we can't cast him.'"

This mentality goes some way towards explaining the range of roles that Elba has played since rising to fame through The Wire. He co-starred along Laura Linney in The Big C – a drama currently showing on More 4 which follows the story of a suburban wife and mother who vows to shake up her life after being diagnosed with terminal cancer. It's hard to imagine a world further from the mean streets of West Baltimore than the stifling domesticity of small-town Minnesota.

Then there was the US version of The Office, one of the few things Elba has filmed that he says he has subsequently sat down and watched. It matters to Elba that while this diversity of work is available in TV drama, the same is not yet true of film. "Imagine a film such as Inception with an entire cast of black people – do you think it would be successful?" Elba asks. "Would people watch it? But no one questions the fact that everyone's white. That's what we have to change."

His solution – apart from continuing to play roles that require a good actor rather than one who is necessarily black – is to take matters into his own hands. Elba sees himself increasingly as an entrepreneur, with his own record label, TV and film-producing projects, and says he intends to set about producing the kind of films he thinks are missing. "I'll direct myself and I'll be colour blind and gender blind," Elba proclaims. "I'll show that it can be done.

"I'm not interested in making all-black films – I come from a very diverse culture, I want to work with every type of person. I work a lot with women executives because they seem to be a lot more open minded about that and a lot more progressive in that way."

Elba's background is at once diverse and typical. Now 38, he grew up in east London to a Ghanaian mother and a Sierra Leonean father. His parents met in Sierra Leone, his mother having moved there when she was 12.

I tell Elba that my mother is also from Ghana, and we enter into the ritual so typical among British descendants of Africans, sharing and comparing stories of our parents, asking each other whether we can understand the languages, how many times we have been back, proclaiming earnest intentions to visit more. But Elba, whose Rwanda-based film Sometime in April marked his first-ever trip to the continent, tells me with deep shame that he has never visited either Ghana or Sierra Leone. "It's embarrassing. I have to go," he says, shaking his head. "There are plans, serious plans! I can't wait."

Typically for a man with such a strategic approach, Elba's agenda is more complicated than just showing up with a suitcase and shades. "There's a Sierra Leonean saying that you don't walk into someone's house with your two long arms," he explains, and then translates it into Krio – the Sierra Leoneon creole he learned growing up: "Yu no for go na pass in us wit you long arm." He says the words carefully, with the air of someone who has absorbed a language, but never used it much. "I want to go to Sierra Leone with something – whether it's some sort of contribution to healthcare, or to the entertainment industry. My cousin is a nurse; we are talking about opening a clinic."

Sierra Leone's breathtaking landscape – with some of the most beautiful beaches in Africa – is also one of the world's best-kept secrets, and Elba has plans to use it. "I would really like to open a studio in Sierra Leone. It's a country that can actually house and look like many parts of the world," he says. "If I could somehow encourage a film community to use Sierra Leone as the studio in West Africa to make films there, that would be really cool."

Whether Elba would actually venture into African films though, is another question. He says his parents have OBE, the West African TV channel, on all the time. But the offerings of "Nollywood" – Nigeria's answer to Bollywood – are something Elba clearly only watches under duress.

"Different strokes for different folks," he says, laughing. "My parents love those films, they relate to them. But for me… the mistakes in continuity, the music playing over the dialogue the whole time, and there is always a central character who is an African woman screaming! Always!"

Just as Elba is clear that his ambition is not to be shoehorned into "black" roles in Hollywood, he is equally ambivalent about these niche black-film industries. Apart from African films, there is the ever-popular market for African-American films, usually featuring all-black casts. In February, Elba caused controversy when he criticised Tyler Perry, the actor, writer and director behind the Madea franchise, and one of the most prolific figures in African-American film. Elba, who has previously starred in one of Perry's romantic comedies (Daddy's Little Girls), lamented the trend for cross-dressing caricatures of black characters – a phenomenon many would recognise from films such as the The Klumps and Big Momma's House series – describing it as "buffoonish".

"We are humorous people, we enjoy laughing at each other. I guess it's cultural," says Elba. "But it is a question of taste, my personal taste. It's not my type of film.

"If you are going to call a film a 'black film' then you have to make a film that represents everyone that's black, which is almost impossible," Elba adds emphatically. "That is why white films are not called white films, they are just called 'films'."

Elba exudes confidence that he will be able to use his vision and impressive work ethic to keep chipping away at these labels. But some British people have questioned whether he really needed to leave, as so many of the most talented Brits have, for the United States to do it.

Elba has been living in the US for 15 years now, taking off in his early 20s to seek bigger opportunities in acting. He owns a house in Atlanta where he can be close to Isan, who lives with his ex-wife. But he insists he is not an example of another British success story leaving. "I left before I made it," he says. "I just thought there was a different marketplace for me in the States. People say, 'We lose all the great actors,' but no one thought I was that great when I was here."

Interestingly it is music that is likely to draw Elba back, as he pursues what he describes as his "secret hobby". He has collaborated with American artists such as soul singer Angie Stone – he also co-produced and performed on the introduction to Jay-Z's 2007 album American Gangster – and is now working with some of the biggest names in UK R&B. "I just cut a track yesterday that Tulisa from N-Dubz is going to feature on with Cee Lo," he tells me.

Elba's manner seems to shed 10 years when he talks about music – almost as if he is transforming from Idris Elba into Driis, his long-time DJ name. "After acting for so long, there is a fresh optimism about music," he says. "The buzz from my music is like the buzz I had from my first audition.

"But oddly I'm not keen to celebrate it. There is a straightforward stigma when it comes to being an actor turned musician. I face it from fans, from other producers and from record executives. So I just keep it low key."

Elba's plans sound anything but low key. He says that he is inspired by Richard Branson's entrepreneurial expansionism, and sees both his music and film production ventures as projects which are as financially motivated as they are creative.

"The business side is paramount because it is a part of the legacy that I want to build," Elba explains. "Writing music, making soundtracks and creating opportunities for musicians through my label is a big component of my business model."

Could it be an airline next? Elba smiles coyly. "There might be an airline that flies directly to Sierra Leone. Why not? We need that!"
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/20...-in-idris-elba

holy hell that's a long interview

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Italian TV spot, new scenes.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The film will have a runtime of 2 hours & 10 minutes .

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Minute clip

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Minute clip

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

That one girl seems like she might be an annoyance throughout the film (Jar Jar Binks edition).

Hopefully, it doesn't become that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast