Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Thor (MC: 58, RT: 77%)

Marvel's Thor Revealed in First Movie Photo
    by Matt McDaniel · April 30, 2009
    Chris Hemsworth in 'Thor'

The long blond hair. The dark tunic with silver discs. The blood-red cape. Yep, that's Thor, all right.

With excitement at a fever pitch for next weekend's release of "Iron Man 2," buzz is already building for Marvel Studio's next adaptation of one of their classic comic books. To fuel the fire, we have the exclusive look at the first photo anywhere of star Chris Hemsworth in costume as the God of Thunder in next summer's "Thor."
    See the First Look at Thor >>

26-year-old Australian actor Hemsworth first gained attention from movie audiences in his brief but memorable role as George Kirk -- Captain James T. Kirk's father -- in the opening scene of last year's "Star Trek." Many well-known actors were considered for the part; Daniel Craig said he was approached to play Thor but turned it down. After an exhaustive search, Hemsworth won the role over many other young hopefuls. He even beat out his younger brother, Liam, who was most recently seen opposite his real-life girlfriend Miley Cyrus in "The Last Song."

From what we can see of the costume designed by Oscar winner Alexandra Byrne, it looks to be inspired by the latest version of the character from the comic books drawn by French artist Olivier Coipel. While Thor's basic look hasn't changed much since he was originally created by Jack Kirby in 1962, the suit in the movie adopts the more modern look with an armored chest piece and textured sleeves. Slightly different is Hemsworth's beard, which has been used for Thor in the comics but only occasionally. The two most prominent elements of Thor's look that we don't see, however, are his signature winged helmet and his weapon, the mighty hammer Mjolnir.

"Thor" doesn't open for another year, but there are some hints about the movie within next weekend's "Iron Man 2." Like the first movie, where Samuel L. Jackson's cameo was hidden after the credits, there is a bonus scene in the sequel for those who stick around to the very end. Of course, Hemsworth will team up with Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans -- who was recently cast as Captain America in his own movie -- for "The Avengers," which is scheduled for release in 2012.

Directed by Kenneth Branagh, "Thor," which also stars Anthony Hopkins and Natalie Portman, will thunder into theaters on May 6, 2011.

Chris Hemsworth in Paramount Pictures' 'Thor'

EDIT: Sorry don't know how to post pics.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vendog View Post

EDIT: Sorry don't know how to post pics.
    Or how to cite things.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

www.tinypic.com, just for future reference.

Spoiler: show
    There's also a small cameo of "him" in IM2 after the Monaco Gran Prix incident.

http://i39.tinypic.com/5p21dy.jpg

A. Body
    BG Level

THOR IS HEEYA!

wrong thread?

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I still have a bunch of my old Thor comics.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I grew up with Iron Man & Asgard as a kid. Shit makes me squeal like a little girl.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I like his signature costume so far

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vendog View Post
    Directed by Kenneth Branagh
    I CAME

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    I CAME
    anything notable he's directed before for reference? I don't really know much about directors outside of the ultra-well known ones.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    anything notable he's directed before for reference? I don't really know much about directors outside of the ultra-well known ones.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000110/awards

Friend told me he heard people wanted to make Thor black in the movie so all the heros in the avenger movie wouldnt be white. Because otherwise ppl will think its OMG RACIST.

Srsly who would think to make a fucking NORSE GOD black

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Srsly who would think to make a fucking NORSE GOD black
    You fucking racist man?

Banned.

BG Level

They casted Heimdall with a black actor. Skin color might not even come into play though, because Heimdall is one armored up dude.

EDIT: It is funny because Heimdall is the "whitest of the gods"

EDIT: Though you sound like an idiot. You should consider thinking about an idea before posting in the future as to not come off as one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikarya View Post
    You fucking racist man?
    SIEG HEIL

You should stop being the racist though! Every black super hero gets lightning powers. Why can't the white man get a turn huh? Damn always keeping us down.

but srsly, I dont mind the green lantern being black in the cartoons, because you can make a green lantern w/e you want and just say "oh well he's the xx'th green lantern". But comic heroes like Thor, Batman, Iron Man, shit like that you can't just change them and expect us nerds to be ok with that.

EDIT: Though you sound like an idiot. You should consider thinking about an idea before posting in the future as to not come off as one.
    Was that directed at me? If so, sorry that I believe an iconic character should stay true to source. You know, thinking an entire Pantheon of white norse gods would stay white, it's not racism, that's how they viewed their gods.

E. Body
    BG Level

Dunno the actor, but I'd think the guy who played Eomer in LoTR would have been a good choice as well, no?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0881631/

Or even the guy who played Boromir (Sean Bean)

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr View Post
    Dunno the actor, but I'd think the guy who played Eomer in LoTR would have been a good choice as well, no?

Sean Bean is more god than man.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr View Post

Sean Bean would have been a really good choice.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Was that directed at me? If so, sorry that I believe an iconic character should stay true to source. You know, thinking an entire Pantheon of white norse gods would stay white, it's not racism, that's how they viewed their gods.
    Yes. Look at the contents of your post. You don't know shit and you don't seem care about what is true because you could spend a second verifying it on google. Instead you rely on your friend as a source. Then you go on a rant about some "equal opportunity acting" or some shit without even thinking for a second "herpa derpa, maybe my friend is making shit up" OR "Maybe my friend knows nothing about how this movie is being made" - which was the case. Suppose it wouldn't matter either way though, since you are just looking for an excuse to rant. You seem to really, really want to talk about it even though it is clearly not a problem at all.

And you continue this trend of not knowing what the fuck in this follow-up post. The Green Lantern in the Justice League cartoon had been a Green Lantern years before the show premiered. What the fuck kind of nerd are you now?

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    Yes. Look at the contents of your post. You don't know shit and you don't seem care about what is true because you could spend a second verifying it on google. Instead you rely on your friend as a source. Then you go on a rant about some "equal opportunity acting" or some shit without even thinking for a second "herpa derpa, maybe my friend is making shit up" OR "Maybe my friend knows nothing about how this movie is being made" - which was the case. Suppose it wouldn't matter either way though, since you are just looking for an excuse to rant. You seem to really, really want to talk about it even though it is clearly not a problem at all.

And you continue this trend of not knowing what the fuck in this follow-up post. The Green Lantern in the Justice League cartoon had been a Green Lantern years before the show premiered. What the fuck kind of nerd are you now?

Holy neckbeard batman. Are you serious. You call a fucking 2 sentence post a rant? looooolz I thought it was hilarious that someone would suggest Thor be black, and i'm sure that SOMEONE SOMEWHERE at some point suggested it. Not going to spend 5hrs fact checking on the internet and making sure I read every blog about the movie before posting.

And I didnt know that green lantern was a lantern before the show, but it doesnt fucking matter? They pass the position all the time to whoever is fit to do the job, it's not a static character like some heroes.

Banned.

BG Level

Perhaps rant isn't the right word. Let us just call it a subject you seem to really want to put your input on despite it having nothing to do with what is really happening(hell, your only evidence of the trend existing didn't even make sense). You don't need to spend 5 hours of your time(google "black actor thor") to find a source more reliable than your "friend". All threads would be better off if people didn't pollute it with second- or third-hand information for a reason as shallow as hating on black actors playing comic characters.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast