BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Wizard and Glass is my favorite out of the entire series. I didn't bother watching the movie because of the reviews and what not, but I'd watch Wizard and Glass in a heartbeat.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1600867900545458179

This is a pivotal moment for Mike Flanagan and Trevor Macy’s Intrepid Pictures, which the duo launched in 2004. After six years creating and producing for Netflix, including the last four under an overall deal, the duo behind The Haunting TV franchise and Midnight Mass are moving to Amazon Studios. Additionally, they are taking on their most ambitious project to date: a screen adaptation of Stephen King’s The Dark Tower, which creator Flanagan envisions as a TV series to run for five seasons, followed by two stand-alone features.

In an interview with Deadline, Flanagan and Macy, known for their extensive film and TV work in the horror genre, break the news that they have acquired the rights to the mammoth book series, which draws from multiple genres including dark fantasy, science fantasy, horror and Western. Flanagan reveals that he has written a pilot script and season outlines for The Dark Tower, which he has described for years as his dream project. He has even shared in interviews his vision for the opening shot, a black screen with the words “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed,” leading to a landscape with a silhouette in the distance.

Flanagan and Macy, who carved the rights to The Dark Tower out of their Netflix and Amazon Studios overall deals, are taking on the famous property having previously done two feature adaptations of King novels, 2019’s Doctor Sleep and 2017 Gerald’s Game (based on The Shining and Gerald’s Game, respectively), both directed and written/co-written by Flanagan.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

We're doing this again?

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    We're doing this again?
    To be fair, they have the chops and it seems like the vision.

The Haunting series and Midnight Mass were fantastic. Dr. Sleep is one of the best adaptions of a King novel to the big screen.

5 seasons and 2 features is what you're going to need. And moreso, the guy seems like a fan. I think the combination of these things could actually pull this off.