Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fryte Avarise
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The very first comic book was a brief retelling of Wizard and Glass. The next few series touch much more in depth of the aftermath of the Wizard and Glass events and how Gilead fell. I loved Wizard and Glass/the comics more so than any other part of the series, so the more time they can devote to it the better.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Acturus View Post
    Pssh, Owen Wilson, Vince Vaughn, or Matthew McConaughey for sure.

Oh! Or how about Shia Lebouf? He'd be good, right?
    Can't be Shia. See, Michael Bay owns his soul.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

.]

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Those are some pretty shitty movies.

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Was also in 28 days later.

I think she would make a good Odetta, I can see the whole split personality thing with her.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

yea she would make a good odetta

also I agree with Fryte up top. Wizard and Glass > All. It blows my mind that some people hated that book

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Wizard and Glass was good I agree, but I LOVE the comics and the extra continuity they are giving.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

so mentioned these to tyven over IM and figured I'd post them as it is somewhat related and might interest some people, refers to the story, so spoilers and such

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Really liked the lyrics, but the music, meh a little heavy in the guitar (which sounded a like in all 3 songs) which obscured the lyrics.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Possible Roland casting. He's at least been offered the job, but it doesn't say if he's going to take it. Three movies + two TV series is probably at least...3-4 years of commitment? That's a long time to tie an actor up in any one project.

I can't say I've seen No Country for Old Men, so I don't know if he has the right feel for the character, but he certainly has the look for it.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Rumor was reported that Debra from Dexter was up for Susannah, assuming that was a mistake and they meant Susan from W&G, but either way it still seems wrong, so idk...

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Who is Susan from W&G? Maybe I am just having a moment and can't remember her.

Am I the only one who would be upset if they didn't get a black actress to play Susannah?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Susan was Roland's love interest in Wizard and Glass.

http://darktower.wikia.com/wiki/Susan_Delgado
    (warning, that link has the spoilers in it, but dear lord, it's a 13 year old book...)

As I have come to think about this more, I am somewhat ok with Bardem as Roland, though not 100% (I liked Viggo Mortenson better.) I am very curious what they cut out, and what they keep in. One could expect that the TV series will be Wizard and Glass, due to it basically being a prequel. If that's the case, they could do 2 books per movie and keep a lot of it (not everything, which would not be required, I mean how much of Roland running across a desert do we really need?)

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

yeah I was totally having a moment there. For some reason I went to Will & Grace (no fucking clue why) and not Wizard & Glass. That explains why I couldn't find any reference to a Susan in Will & Grace ><

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    <redacted>
    The Stand movie is in the works, figured it was worth mentioning in here since it's kinda related
    Unless it's going to be an eight hour movie (like the miniseries from the 90's) it's going to have to be trimmed down by about 75%. It's going to be very hard to do without alienating a lot of fans, as some major thematic elements and characters are going to have to go by the wayside.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Oh, I think The Stand can be made into a movie (albeit a longer one, maybe around 2.5-3 hours.) The bigger issue is that The Stand has a whole bunch of, shall we say, inappropriate characters. Yeah, you could get away with Tom going 'M-O-O-N, that spells highway' in the 70's, something tells me that would not float today. To make this into a movie today, a number of the characters might have to be rewritten to not piss people off.

But, if you make the characters work, then it is not too bad to adapt since the book has a lot of areas you can cut out or gloss over. It would still be a long movie, but doable I think.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Stephen King on the The Stand remake:

1. No one will be able to top Gary Sinise, who played Stu Redman in the original ABC miniseries. He was perfect. When he says “You don’t know nothing” to the soldiers who are putting him under mandatory quarantine, you believe his contempt completely. My runner-up pick would be Jake Gyllenhaal.
    2. I didn’t know anything about the remake until I read about it on the Internet.
    3. You absolutely can’t make it as a two-hour movie. If it was a trilogy of films…maybe.
    4. Molly Ringwald won’t be playing Fran Goldsmith this time.
    5. Rutger Hauer is a little too old to play the Walkin’ Dude, and that’s too bad.
    6. People who’ve seen Kubrick’s The Shining dislike the miniseries I wrote (and my amigo Mick Garris directed) even if they haven’t seen it. That’s always annoyed me. But the wheel of karma turns! This time people will probably say, “The miniseries was lots better.” BUT…
    7. …historically speaking, movie studios blow the budget on things like this, so maybe it’ll be fun to look at. The dough certainly isn’t going to me, although if it is a trilogy, and if it makes a lot of money, I might be able to buy a chicken dinner at Popeye’s. Great slaw!
    8. Molly Ringwald will probably not play the Trashcan Man, either, but Billy Bob Thornton would be cool. Billy Bob’s always cool.
    9. They need to write in a lot of heavy-metal for the soundtrack.
    10. M-O-O-N, that spells “you probably won’t see this anytime soon.” And when you do, Woody Allen won’t be directing it. Or Molly Ringwald.

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

not movie news but. . . .NEW DARK TOWER NOVEL NEXT YEAR!!!!!!

http://www.stephenking.com/promo/win.../announcement/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast