+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Online co-op XBox games     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Silly Hat Connoisseur
    BG Level

Online co-op XBox games

Hi!

I'm thinking about getting an XBox to play with a friend of mine online, are there any co-op online games for it that *aren't* FPSes? Basically because I seriously suck at FPS, especially with a controller

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

If I'm not mistaken all Xbox 1 servers are offline?

Edit: Or you mean 360?

Edit 2: I'll assume 360. There's not many games I can think of that would offer co-op aside from your FPS's besides like sports games. Marvel Ultimate Alliance maybe?

Silly Hat Connoisseur
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Devolver View Post
    If I'm not mistaken all Xbox 1 servers are offline?

Edit: Or you mean 360?
    uhhh yeah.

Silly Hat Connoisseur
    BG Level

I'll assume 360. There's not many games I can think of that would offer co-op aside from your FPS's besides like sports games. Marvel Ultimate Alliance maybe?
    Bugger I was hoping for some sort of non-FPS RPG or something! Is there something that is FPS but caters to FPS dummies like me? I mean with something like target locking or something like that.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I actually find this question pretty hard. Sitting here doing some browsing around, I came across Overlord II and Kingdom of Fire: Circle of Doom (Which I believe has online co-op...but very meh of a game)

Edit: Maybe Phantasy Star Universe?

Silly Hat Connoisseur
    BG Level

I actually find this question pretty hard. Sitting here doing some browsing around, I came across Overlord II and Kingdom of Fire: Circle of Doom (Which I believe has online co-op...but very meh of a game)

Edit: Maybe Phantasy Star Universe?
    That's on XBox360? Also I thought they were closing down the servers! (I used to play that, that's the sort of game I -can- play )

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Linliel View Post
    That's on XBox360? Also I thought they were closing down the servers! (I used to play that, that's the sort of game I -can- play )
    Hell you might be right. I do know Its on X360, but how active the servers are (or even open for that matter) is beyond me.

Gears of War 2 and Resident Evil 5 they are both third person shooters. Pretty much even design the campaign for two people they are pretty fun.

Left for dead is another but that is a first person shooter <,<

FINAL FANTASY XI

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Castle Crashers... also plenty of other XBox live Arcade games.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Phoenix View Post
    Castle Crashers... also plenty of other XBox live Arcade games.
    Fuck yeah, Castle Crashers. And don't forget Uno! >.>

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    FINAL FANTASY XI
    y wud u do ths

Sleep Deprived Galka BLM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

As said, Castle Crashers is great, also Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 are really fun. Saints Row 2 played co-op over xbox live is one of the greatest gaming experiences I've ever had. It's a third person shooter, and it's a lot like Grand Theft Auto, only absurd in every single way imaginable.

Even on the normal difficulty setting, the game is pretty user friendly. Health regens without you having to run and get healing, and ditching the cops is pretty easy. It's also a platinum hit, so it's should only be around $20.

Seriously, I can't recommend it highly enough when it comes to co-op.

Silly Hat Connoisseur
    BG Level

Oh cool, I'll check some of these out.

Another question, what's with XBL, I was looking at silver vs gold and why would you get silver at all? You can't even play multiplayer games with it?! Isn't that the whole point?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Cause Silver is free, everyone gets it already^^ Plus I believe you need a silver account to download DLC, free or otherwise.

I can't recall if the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade game has online co-op, but if it does thats a fun one to play.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Newest Dynasty Warriors (Strikeforce) has online co-op. Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom, Lego Star Wars (fairly certain this had online), Fable 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance games and tons of Live Arcade games. Sacred 2 apparently has online co-op, but I'm sure that'd be better suited to play on PC, haven't played it myself though. Also fairly sure they added online co-op to Kameo, but I never got a chance to try it so I dunno how it is. Would be retarded cheap though since it was a release game and has long since been forgotten. I'm sure you wanna stray from shooters, but Crackdown might be worth checking out. It has lock on and doesn't really require any precise aiming regardless. It's basically just a ridiculously over the top free roam game, think GTA with the ability to throw cars hundreds of meters and being able to jump 5 stories high.

And yeah, silver is free but gives you the basic functions like friend list and downloads, but you can't play any multiplayer. Gold has a subscription fee.

Also might wanna check out here, probably a few more that you might be interested in.

Dragoon Mage
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

http://www.xbox360multiplayergames.com/ has a great list of multiplayer games for xbox. Just look down the xbox live column for a tick. Loads of games there that might well suit you.

Roll tide y'all
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Splinter Cell Convictions co-op story is insanely fun.