Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mexichu View Post
    how much haste you need for chopper to be worth it tho?

My build will have 23% haste when I ding 75. So chopper would only be 2% haste for a max of a 6% any time I don't have a dnc. i could see where using it w/ a dnc present would be worthwhile though.
    Ya, change out other slots so you arent wasting haste. Part of the Rune Chopper love is being able to swap out your hands or head (depending on those slots) for other pieces and bumping up your acc/attack/etc while remaining at capped haste.

And with double marches/haste/Hasso (basic buffs you should be getting), Rune Chopper beats all non relic Alternatives. Throw in a DNC and it beats relic atm... >.>

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Even when acc is capped? I can't really see swapping out haste for attack on a 40/60ish dot/ws ratio split +6ish% increase beating out the base dmg on others. I can see your point when acc is uncapped, and you're getting a bunch of acc out of the deal, but yea

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Lets say for mnk ichi macro and pdt/counter set. Backlash torque vs PCC? From my understanding acc helps you counter, but is it better than the straight counter+1 on the torque? If acc in fact does not help counter. call me a fool and disreguard. Thanks in advance.

Banned.

BG Level

Pcc, unless acc is capped.

Even when acc is capped? I can't really see swapping out haste for attack on a 40/60ish dot/ws ratio split +6ish% increase beating out the base dmg on others. I can see your point when acc is uncapped, and you're getting a bunch of acc out of the deal, but yea
    It isnt really "trading haste for attack", it's "Getting more haste, more acc, and more attack, in exchange for less base damage" (Rune Chopper vs Perdu in this case).

Perdu build:
    Perdu Voulge - Acc 5, Attack 10 (when below 100TP and during WS).
    Turban/Dusk(+1) Hands/Haidate/Dusk(+1)/Blitz/Velocity = 22-24% haste depending on your hands/feet slots (assuming you have Velocity and not Swift).

RC would allow you 2-3% more haste (4-5% more if you are a swift belt war), same acc. And allow you to swap out your hands or head slot for a multitude of combinations. Ares Head, Ares hands, Hachi Hands, all good pieces. If your acc is capped then it also lets you swap in Ares Body since you can make up the acc with hands or head slot now.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeelo View Post
    Lets say for mnk ichi macro and pdt/counter set. Backlash torque vs PCC? From my understanding acc helps you counter, but is it better than the straight counter+1 on the torque? If acc in fact does not help counter. call me a fool and disreguard. Thanks in advance.
    Acc is definately factored into counter. Go counterstance tank a THF Mamool with no acc food or focus on and tell me how many times you counter before he crushes your soul.

And as the above poster said: Acc capped: Backlash. Acc uncapped: Ancients Torque/PCC

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

With all the RC talk, at what point does fort beat RC? Would a 24/25(unicorn +1) build with fort beat RC? Even under haste samba?

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

in the event I get dusk+1 gloves, that'd put me at 24%. Rune chopper would still be worth it here?, provided my acc is capped in the 24% haste build

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

in the event I get dusk+1 gloves, that'd put me at 24%. Rune chopper would still be worth it here?, provided my acc is capped in the 24% haste build
    With Marchx2, Hasso, and Haste Samba..yes.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

As much as I love dnc, I pretty much never have one, so yea.

On a side note, how could this look for Dyna? 99.9% sure they're not gonna bother to refresh me.

Fort/Sword/empty/Virtue stone
    Turban/Pcc(or fortitude)/Brutal/fowling(or odin)
    Aurum/Dusk/Rajas/Blitz
    Cuch/Vbelt/Byakko's/Dusk+1

As much as I love dnc, I pretty much never have one, so yea.

On a side note, how could this look for Dyna? 99.9% sure they're not gonna bother to refresh me.

Fort/Sword/empty/Virtue stone
    Turban/Pcc(or fortitude)/Brutal/fowling(or odin)
    Aurum/Dusk/Rajas/Blitz
    Cuch/Vbelt/Byakko's/Dusk+1
    Aurum -> askar and land all 3 hits of RR /sam

Like a boss.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I don't know who here would be able to answer this, but in terms of Puppetmaster maneuvers and their "burden" ...

In order to achieve less burden from a maneuver, do you have to have a higher attribute than just your automaton's base-attribute regardless of later bonuses, or does it have to be higher than the base + whatever bonuses maneuvers might be adding to it? If it doesn't and my attribute is higher than my automaton's by 1, is there going to at least be less burden for the first maneuver used even though it will result in an attribute bonus that totals to a number larger than mine?

For example, if my INT is 71 and my automaton's INT is 70

Is 1 Ice Maneuver (resulting in 70+7 INT) going to have less burden?
    Is 2 Ice Maneuvers (resulting in 70+14 INT) going to have less burden?
    Is 3 Ice Maneuvers (resulting in 70+21 INT) going to have less burden?

YYY?
    YNN?
    NNN?

This mostly applies to INT since it's something I'm trying to perfect to maximize my ability to go Water>Ice>Ice>Ice while preferrably ONLY overloading on the third ice (Condenser+Mana Channeler). So I basically just need to know whether I need to have only 71 INT or 92 INT since most gear slots are taken by pet:macc/mab/overload/etc. I tend to overload on my second Ice when I go water>ice>ice while soloing crap like Iriz Ima and wamouras and I want to stop that crap.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

So I'm trying to build a MDB set for PLD and I had a few questions. First what does MDB cap at? Friend told me 50 but that seems way too high. I figured maybe 25 like -MD%. Debating on getting the MDB magian sword or getting the Magic evasion one for PLD. Already have a Hauc so I dont need the -Phys damage augment. Thanks.

Edit: Also for a Physical damage down set does Darksteel +1 beat everything else besides Valhalla? If any other Aegis PLDs could post their PDT and MDB sets it would be appreciated. Thanks!

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

MDT caps at -50%, MDB has no known cap

EDIT: 99% sure you need more than base + maneuvers.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Can anyone tell me a general location of the Qutrubs is Arrapago Reef please.

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by warheit View Post
    Can anyone tell me a general location of the Qutrubs is Arrapago Reef please.
    I-10 Map 2

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Spoiler: show
    Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I don't know who here would be able to answer this, but in terms of Puppetmaster maneuvers and their "burden" ...

In order to achieve less burden from a maneuver, do you have to have a higher attribute than just your automaton's base-attribute regardless of later bonuses, or does it have to be higher than the base + whatever bonuses maneuvers might be adding to it? If it doesn't and my attribute is higher than my automaton's by 1, is there going to at least be less burden for the first maneuver used even though it will result in an attribute bonus that totals to a number larger than mine?

For example, if my INT is 71 and my automaton's INT is 70

Is 1 Ice Maneuver (resulting in 70+7 INT) going to have less burden?
    Is 2 Ice Maneuvers (resulting in 70+14 INT) going to have less burden?
    Is 3 Ice Maneuvers (resulting in 70+21 INT) going to have less burden?

YYY?
    YNN?
    NNN?

This mostly applies to INT since it's something I'm trying to perfect to maximize my ability to go Water>Ice>Ice>Ice while preferrably ONLY overloading on the third ice (Condenser+Mana Channeler). So I basically just need to know whether I need to have only 71 INT or 92 INT since most gear slots are taken by pet:macc/mab/overload/etc. I tend to overload on my second Ice when I go water>ice>ice while soloing crap like Iriz Ima and wamouras and I want to stop that crap.

Before the update. you wanted to have more INT than the base int and maneuver additions. I haven't read any tests or anything after the update granting more attributes per maneuver but I would assume they had not changed it.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Radec View Post
    I-10 Map 2
    thank you thank you.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by JigglyJam View Post

Before the update. you wanted to have more INT than the base int and maneuver additions. I haven't read any tests or anything after the update granting more attributes per maneuver but I would assume they had not changed it.
    Hmm... thank you~

I had never really bothered with trying to stack up stats to get "good burden" as I am generally aware of what I should/shouldn't be spamming but I tend to overload 1 Ice Maneuver too early about half the time when I'm doing my:

1) Activate>Nuke
    2) Water>Ice>Ice>Ice>Nuke
    3) Deactivate

If I could get even just the very first Ice Maneuver at a reduced burden, I am sure I could get my triple Ice Maneuvers up 100% of the time for nuke #2 before Deactivation. So, to be more specific, do I need my INT at 78+ in order to get good burden from just the first Ice Maneuver or would 71 suffice?

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

1) Activate>Water>Nuke
    2) Ice>Ice>Ice>Nuke
    3) Deactivate

fixed

Closed Thread
Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast