Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 76 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Random Question Thread X: Fucking 99 Level Cap, How Does it Work?

Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by isladar
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    This thread is for off-the-cuff questions that don't merit a full topic to answer. "What should I wear for my level 65 pup? What's the best way to learn the Qutrub Blu spell?"

Original thread:
    Thread the Second.

DOUBLE RANDOM.

RANDOM III
    RANDOM V: SIX HIT SIX HIT SIX HIT
    Random VII: I Find Your Lack of Research Disturbing
    Random VIII: A STICKY, THERE IS ONE
    Random XI: Mathology's Revenge

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

in reply to what Sprint said in the earlier thread, yes you can reobtain the allied ring for another 15k AN(if the nation you are allied to controls it), aslong as Throne Room(S) is under allied control

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegsay
    Geocrush is also merited because it inflicts Stun.
    Actually, you cap Geocrush because Titan and his thong don't get enough love as it is.

I heard that Geocrush's stun is not lightning based. Any truth to that?
    I believe SE has it stated as:

Titan deals Earth elemental damage and stuns target.

or something like that. According to that ^ it should be earth magic since it follows other spells like rasp:

Deals earth damage that lowers an enemy's dexterity and HP or w/e

If this is true then would enfeeble attacks like Shiva's Sleepga be Ice or Dark? Farkin avatars screwing up everything I learned from Shantotto.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Various BLU spells suggest that while the spells/pacts are of one element, the additional effects remain aligned with their normal elemental affinities. Sleepga would be dark elemental, I'd assume Geocrush stun would be thunder. Easily tested on an earth elemental.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

What's the fastest way to burn through a full anni band without partying, something solo. I just want to use it fully so I can grab a new one ASAP. My jobs are:

WAR 37 MNK 8
    WHM 75 BLM 75
    RDM 75 THF 19
    PLD 9 DRK 37
    BST 12 BRD 7
    RNG 70 SAM 1
    NIN 75 DRG 1
    SMN 75 BLU 12
    COR 42 PUP 6
    SCH 44 DNC 40

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

2 charges on bst can be used in a smnburn. just use one while they gather. pop the emp after the anni charge goes then pop an anni and you get lv 25~26+ while having used 2 charges. It depends on how fast of a group they are though.
    You can rinse/repeat for other jobs that you want to be smnburned up for sj.
    The other scneario is find a non retarded east ronfuare group and get your sj ready for june.
    Doh. solo not in pt. Yeah what the other guy said. just spam fov.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Your going to be fighting EPs, DC's and EM's solo. just pick any job and go do some FoVs. exp is exp. especially solo
    edit: He said solo.. not PTing

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Was missed in last thread:

What's the lowest amount of people you can 'comfortably' low-man Tyger with, and what set-up?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That question go answered i believe. it was sam sam whm brd rdm i think.

I accidentally deleted my <call> which wasnt so bad since i dont give a shit about those. however i dont have a /tell chime or a lvup sound so could anyone tell me the .dats for those and all the <call>? Dont bother with 1~10 since i'd redelete those anyway.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by ZhiGaruda
    SAMx2
    BRDx1
    RDMx1
    WHMx1

Above setup will have absolutely no issue if they don't suck. Can substitute the SAM's for applicable DD's like MNK, for reduced TP feed, etc.

Also, Puddings for the Anni ring question.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Dathus View Post
    Was missed in last thread:

What's the lowest amount of people you can 'comfortably' low-man Tyger with, and what set-up?
    Was answered here:

(cut/paste)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dathus
    SAMx2
    BRDx1
    RDMx1
    WHMx1

Above setup will have absolutely no issue if they don't suck. Can substitute the SAM's for applicable DD's like MNK, for reduced TP feed, etc.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

This thread title cracked me up~

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Shit, my bad. Half asleep guess I missed it. Thanks much!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

If you want to play it safe, you can bring a BLM to stun Fulmination as well. Not really necessary (again, if the people you have don't suck), but definitely makes it a sure-fire win.

If things DO happen to go badly your first time(s) through, you can have your RDM sack it while everyone unweakens, and still do nice damage . It has no innate regen, so sticking a Bio2 on it to sack, you can take off 5-10% damage just in the amount of time it takes for the rest of the party to unweaken.

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Missnasty View Post
    What's the fastest way to burn through a full anni band without partying, something solo. I just want to use it fully so I can grab a new one ASAP. My jobs are:

WAR 37 MNK 8
    WHM 75 BLM 75
    RDM 75 THF 19
    PLD 9 DRK 37
    BST 12 BRD 7
    RNG 70 SAM 1
    NIN 75 DRG 1
    SMN 75 BLU 12
    COR 42 PUP 6
    SCH 44 DNC 40
    Do you have a 2nd account, or someone with an account you can use with a highlevel healer? Any job 12-30ish (THF looks good, can SA after cures pull hate to the PL. BLU also looks good, bring a yag drink), preferably with piercing, Buy an MMM tablet with

Birds 003
    Tiny (Resonated) 014
    Might 018
    Numbers 102
    Conditioning 108

and PL yourself in there, with no ring you'll see typically 4-6k per run, can do a run on yourself and the PLer, just drop party once inside. If you space out the runs so ring is always ready to use while inside, should be able to do 3 charges a day.

If you really want to use a job above 30 it's best to get a friend to help for more DPS, or a friend with a lower job to sync too.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What's a cool/fun/unusual place to duo BLU at level 15 or so? We went 10-15 in Ghelsba and it went really fast. The crags suck because the mobs are way too spread out, and it looks like we're still too low to do Carpenter's Landing.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Missnasty View Post

WAR 37 MNK 8
    WHM 75 BLM 75
    RDM 75 THF 19
    PLD 9 DRK 37
    BST 12 BRD 7
    RNG 70 SAM 1
    NIN 75 DRG 1
    SMN 75 BLU 12
    COR 42 PUP 6
    SCH 44 DNC 40
    I don't have access to PL or another account and a SMNburn takes too much time to get going from what I hear. Basically I was wondering what the fastest way to get exp is on any of my jobs. In my mind it's basically a toss up between playing BLM on puddings, NIN FoV in VoS, DNC FoV somewhere appropriate or MNK/PUP/SAM/DRG/BST lowbie soloing. I didn't want to "pollute" the responses so I didn't mention my thoughts but I guess I should have :] .

How much exp does it take for the bonus to exhaust itself? 6k?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Well, if you're looking for EASY, just solo those level 1 jobs up. SAM and DRG basically one-shot mobs from 1-6, just go out and start beating things.

Edrakali

I am applying for a training program job which is part of my B. Sc. program. Is it a good idea to state under "Interests" in my CV that I like playing massively multiplayer online games? If so, what's a good way to present that in the CV?
    Spoiler: show

Is it a good idea to say that I like trolling on forums in my CV?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

can someone hold my hand a little and walk me through pdt-% set for rdm? i'm very interested in rdm tanking, but have to work on a realistic budget. a full darksteel +1 set on alexander runs north of 2.5 mil, and with less time in game than i used to, as well as salvage gear costs, i just can't swing that at the moment (though it is certainly something i'll be working towards).

i've got a terra's staff, and will pick up a jelly ring as soon as i have the time and patronus ring when i get the rank. even with a full darksteel +1 set, that takes me to 40% (35% w/ NQ). is that the highest rdm can get? or is there gear i'm missing (other than a d ring, of course)?

pretty much set with MDT-% gear (tho is there something better than a lamia mantle +1 when resentment cape isn't active?) and enmity gear, so pdt-% is all i've got left.

thanks!

edit: a'dur, i forgot cheviot cape and colossus' earring.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 76 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast