Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Law and Order: Special Victims Unit

I searched around and didn't see a thread, so figured I would make one. Really surprised no one has, figured there would be more love for SVU!

I know the 11th season is almost over, but found this about the 12th and was kind of interested in it:

It was reported on April 12, 2010 that NBC picked up a twelfth season. Mariska Hargitay and Christopher Meloni are set to return as part of the one year deal they struck with NBC before production began on season 11, which included an option for a second year. The two are expected to begin shooting new episodes in June and July 2010. Season 12 may be the last for Meloni. When asked in an interview if Hargitay could envision doing the show without him, she said, "Oh man, it breaks my heart to even think about it. I love that man and I love acting with that man and I think it’s our chemistry that makes the show what it is. So I don’t even want to think about it". Hargitay also said that she would want Benson to have a baby in season 12, saying, "A boyfriend! A baby! I don’t even have to get married. I just want a baby! Give me a baby!
    So, good that the show got picked up again. Not surprising really, but I don't think I could watch it as fondly without Meloni. I had heard rumors of this happening before season 11 had started but I never looked into it because it seemed kind of odd considering most people only know him as Elliot Stabler..

Also, I know Olivia is great at being the caring sweet one but I wonder if giving her a baby would be detrimental to her commitment to the job or otherwise.

Thoughts? Discussion?!

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

gay

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Hydraxis

day

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Inferior to original =>

They really need to make up their fucking minds with the D.A. I know they probably dropped Novak (Diane Neall) because viewers didn't really like her, and I know everyone hated Greyleck (Michaela McManus) even more lol.

I was really excited when they brought Cabot back (note that they never tried to explain her brief stint on Dick Wolf's Conviction considering how much her presence broke continuity in the first place) but apparently she was only signed on as a guest star for half of a season. I would love to see her return permanently, not like Stephanie March is doing much besides her bit part in The Invention of Lying.

I was pretty skeptical of Sharon Stone at first, but she's kinda grown on me. Does anyone know how many more episodes she's signed on to do? Would be pretty sweet if she joined the cast full time but I doubt that would ever happen.

Also I am really surprised that Mariska Hargitay has won/been nominated for so many fucking awards when her character has essentially 2 modes: 1) flippant interrogation olivia, and 2) soft voiced "its not your fault you were raped" olivia, while Christopher Meloni has been nominated only once and didn't win. I know Meloni pretty much always just portrays Stabler as a brutish dick most of the time but it kinda feels like he's been snubbed.

In semi-related news I'm glad Ellen Burstyn won the Emmy last year for her guest spot as Stabler's mom, that was such an amazing episode. Also I love Ice-T.

Also I know this is supposedly S Epatha Merkerson's last season of L&O, do you think they're just going to kill her character off? I like L&O Prime a lot more than SVU myself as well, this season especially since it finally feels like they have the perfect cast after a rather long period of weak characters.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

There we go!

I disliked Greyleck. I LOVED Neal. (Not sure why people don't like her..)

Seeing Cabot again also excited me, she was always my favorite ADA in the show.

I am more partial to Odafin and Munch than Olivia honestly, lol. I really liked Chester too for his short stint.. more so than Olivia.

If Stabler is gone I hope they replace him with someone awesome. Or focus on Fin/Munch more!

I like Munch's rhetoric a lot more than anything about Benson/Stabler, shit is hilarious. My favorite episodes were the mob ones where Cabot got 'killed', I need to catch up on them, I think the last I watched was Season 10. Haven't liked the original L&O since Lenny died

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

SVU is the best L&O in my opinion. Great cast(aside from the ada nonsense).

Munch has been absent in a lot of Season 11 so I hope we see more of him next season.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Buckethead View Post
    I like Munch's rhetoric a lot more than anything about Benson/Stabler, shit is hilarious. My favorite episodes were the mob ones where Cabot got 'killed', I need to catch up on them, I think the last I watched was Season 10. Haven't liked the original L&O since Lenny died
    Briscoe was the fucking man. I absolutely loved seeing him in the earlier episodes of SVU as well.

And I completely agree. Munch's one liners and witty retorts are pretty much amazing,haha. Him and Fin have a great back and forth.

Fin Tutuola: I'm not staying in here with all these cancer-causing particles flying around.
    John Munch: Stop worrying. As an African-American you're statistically far more likely to die of diabetes, high blood pressure, or heart disease.
    Fin Tutuola: Or a bullet.

Odafin Tutuola: I hate talking to kids this age.
    Det. John Munch: That's because you can't smack them if they give you lip.
    Odafin Tutuola: Who says I can't?

Quote Originally Posted by Baelorn View Post
    SVU is the best L&O in my opinion. Great cast(aside from the ada nonsense).

Munch has been absent in a lot of Season 11 so I hope we see more of him next season.
    Yeah.. I like the original L and O but SVU is the best. Lennie Briscoe L&O is the only thing that comes close really!

there used to be a big focus on having 2 sets of partners working cases, as the supporting detectives were seemingly a lot more important back when Dean Winters and Michelle Heard were part of the cast in seasons 1/2, then I'm assuming viewers responded to Olivia and Elliot more and the focus shifted to them.

I'd love to see Fin and Munch get more screen time, I think Munch's character got promoted to Lieutenant or something now so it'd probably Olivia + Fin investigating cases if Stabler left, which could be weird at first but potentially awesome.

also the latest season of L&O prime has been really amazing, Jeremy Sisto and Anthony Anderson make a great team, and I warmed up a lot to Linus Roache. I wish they'd end that stupid sexual tension garbage with him and Alana de la Garza though. I'm really interested to see who they get to replace Van Buren, she's been on the show for like 20 years so it's weird to imagine it without her.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    also the latest season of L&O prime has been really amazing, Jeremy Sisto and Anthony Anderson make a great team, and I warmed up a lot to Linus Roache. I wish they'd end that stupid sexual tension garbage with him and Alana de la Garza though. I'm really interested to see who they get to replace Van Buren, she's been on the show for like 20 years so it's weird to imagine it without her.
    I'll have to check it out. I haven't really been watching for the last couple of seasons.

My favorite Munch/Fin moment was(paraphrasing):

[Random guy] Who's that? (points at Munch)
    ['Undercover' Fin] That's my Jew.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Rofl, yeah I think that was when they were setting up an undercover operation to catch a pedophile. Not sure exactly.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I love SVU, it's the only law and order I will actually pay attention to and not have on as background noise when on the PC. I can't imagine the show going on without Stabler, it's been him and Elliot since the beginning. Every character on that show is unique and likable in some way, the character development and intense moral dilemmas make the show amazing.

I also agree, Munch + Fin are amazing. Definitely need more of them.

I know I am a few days late, but it looks like season 11 is done now.

End of season thoughts:

Not sure if I like Sharon Stone as a possible full time ADA.. The comment she made towards Olivia about if she ever slept with Elliot made me not like her. I know they have history, but she seems like her past with Elliot could be trouble. Not in the fact that I think Elliot would cheat on his wife, but more that Jo may try something.

I really liked the last episode, I was pretty worried when Warner got shot though..(Considering Sonya and Alex have left this season, I wondered if she was going to die to get replaced.) But I thought the whole hostage thing they had going was really tense and good. I honestly thought that crazy woman was going to blow their brains near out the end.

Is anyone else really annoyed that Alex came back and then left a few episodes later? She and Casey were always my favorites.. One of the few reasons was because unlike Jo(What I mentioned above) they were always unwavering yet understanding when they needed to be. Putting the brick wall strong woman type was always the best. That is one thing Casey and Alex always did well. And the few times they got some understanding talked into them it worked and didn't break their strong character.

I am so happy Sonya got axed 4 Episodes in.. I know Elliot is/can be an ass at times, but she was just awful and I was hoping she'd do something similar to career suicide so she'd get removed. Losing her for Alex was such a good trade..

Jo seems like she does good work though from the few episodes they've shown so far. I will admit though I hope Alex comes back in the future since Casey got disbarred and probably won't ever see her again.

Also, I am not sure why they showed a lot of clips of Casey with Arthur Branch(The DA at the time) when she was the ADA, but not very many the past few seasons. Considering Jack McCoy is the DA at this point in the Law & Order series and the original just got canceled.. I would love to see a lot more interaction between SVU's ADA and Jack because he always was a great character. That and Casey's talks with Arthur Branch were always interesting and gave you a bit more of an insight into the legal aspect of the cases they work on.

Oh also, that episode where the teen boy had a heroine addiction and Wong risked his license to help him with the drug treatment.. Did anyone else really like that one? I absolutely love Wong and what he adds to the show, if I could see more of anyone it would be him. Every episode he's in becomes a bit more interesting and darker with all the psycho analysis he lends to the show. It was interesting to see him get legitimately upset in that episode where they busted that Pedophile website/webmaster. Olivia even made a comment on seeing him angry at something, which I can totally say I agreed with.

Considering the original Law & Order just got canceled, I wouldn't be surprised if SVU tanks a bit if Meloni actually quits like some say he may.

Looking forward to season 12!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

there used to be a big focus on having 2 sets of partners working cases, as the supporting detectives were seemingly a lot more important back when Dean Winters and Michelle Heard were part of the cast in seasons 1/2, then I'm assuming viewers responded to Olivia and Elliot more and the focus shifted to them.

I'd love to see Fin and Munch get more screen time, I think Munch's character got promoted to Lieutenant or something now so it'd probably Olivia + Fin investigating cases if Stabler left, which could be weird at first but potentially awesome.

SVU is also my favorite. I personally was glad Cabot was back but then went WTF when they cut her out again. However.. Sharon Stone is kinda growing on me.

Criminal Intent was my second favorite Law and Order till they let Eames and Goren go.

And to respond to your post.. wasn't Law and Order prime canceled as of last week?

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Sharon stone is horrible, I cringe everytime she is in a scene. It's like watching a movie where in the movie she plays an actress and her character in the movie intentionally over acts in every scene to poke fun at the process of acting in the movie itself. If that made no sense refer to my first sentence.

she did alright in the first 2 eps she was in, but that last scene with her in the season finale was almost unwatchable. If people want to see some powerful acting from a guest star in SVU, they should watch Ellen Burstyn as Stabler's Mom from 1-2 seasons ago, I was in fucking tears lol

she did alright in the first 2 eps she was in, but that last scene with her in the season finale was almost unwatchable. If people want to see some powerful acting from a guest star in SVU, they should watch Ellen Burstyn as Stabler's Mom from 1-2 seasons ago, I was in fucking tears lol
    That was a good episode. She freaked me out!

I am hoping they maybe change DA's again or she gets switched out, considering they did that a lot this season.

Call me Naive but.. I'm holding out hope Alex comes back!

Lame picture I found on google, but I think it says what it needs to.

http://whateverlah.com/archives/bringbackalex.jpg

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Nozomi View Post
    That was a good episode. She freaked me out!

I am hoping they maybe change DA's again or she gets switched out, considering they did that a lot this season.

Call me Naive but.. I'm holding out hope Alex comes back!

Lame picture I found on google, but I think it says what it needs to.

http://whateverlah.com/archives/bringbackalex.jpg
    She looks fucking hot in your avatar. She was also my favorite.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast