+ Reply to Thread
    BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

DBZ: Raging Blast 2 and Tenkaichi Tag Team

Raging Blast thread

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showt...t=raging+blast

Well here we are again with another DBZ game. I still play RB sometimes but not as often as I did when it came out last year.

I'm not surprised at all by this but it feels like left 4 dead 2 all over again.

Anyway

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dra...Raging_Blast_2

Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 (ドラゴンボール レイジングブラスト2, Doragon Bōru Reijingu Burasuto Tsū) is the upcoming sequel to the 2009 game, Dragon Ball: Raging Blast. It has been announced for the PlayStation 3 and the Xbox 360 consoles. Namco Bandai and Spike will be releasing the title in the Fall of 2010.
    According to Namco Bandai, gameplay will take a very similar approach to that of it's predecessor. Destructible environments, and character trademark attacks and transformations will return and be true to the series. These include signature "Pursuit Attacks" which enable players to initiate attack combo strings, juggling the opponent in a string of devastating strikes throughout the environment. Additionally, Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 will sport the new Raging Soul System which enables characters to reach a special state, increasing their combat abilities to the ultimate level. Sporting more than 90 characters, 20 of which are brand new to the Raging Blast series, new modes, and additional environmental effects. [1]
    http://i43.tinypic.com/14l2g48.jpg

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/12/dr...needed-sequel/
    "Will there ever be new Dragon Ball games?," you begged. "Will they be sequels?," you cried. Namco Bandai has heard your pleas, Dragon Ball fans. There will be more Dragon Ball games after all! One of them is even a sequel.

Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 is set to fill that Goku-shaped void in your PS3 or Xbox 360 with 20 more characters than the first Raging Blast. That and a "new Raging Soul System which enables characters to reach a special state, increasing their combat abilities to the ultimate level." Yes, they can power up.

Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team is a fighting game for PSP featuring four-player simultaneous Ad Hoc battles. Both are due "this fall." Hang in there!

Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team

Will be a PSP game

http://i39.tinypic.com/pq5xe.jpg

http://www.gamefocus.ca/?nav=new&nid=9370

Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team (known in Japan as Dragon Ball Tag VS ドラゴンボールZ TAG VS, Doragon Boru TAG VS) is an upcoming game for the PlayStation Portable. High-impact two vs. two combat will be featured. According to Namco Bandai, players will be able to play solo or team up via "Ad Hoc" mode to tackle memorable battles in a variety of single player and multiplayer modes, including Dragon Walker, Battle 100, and Survival Mode. Dragon Walker Mode takes fans through the entire Dragon Ball Z story arc from the Saiyan Saga to the Majin Buu Saga. Battle 100 Mode tasks players to relive the most epic encounters and newly created situations from the Dragon Ball Z world in ever increasingly difficult situations. With more than 70 playable and deeply customizable characters, multiple modes, and Ad Hoc Party gameplay.[1]

Release date for both games is this fall.

Ridill
    BG Level

"Will there ever be new Dragon Ball games?,"
    who would ask this? haven't they released like 2 DBZ games a year since like 10 years ago?

I honestly stopped caring quite a long time ago.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I'll do it again to see if they've gotten any closer to Legends, but I highly doubt it. They can at least work on presentation at this point - a little more hair and cloth movement, prz.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I think you're playing way too much into nostalgia. Dragonball Z Legends sucked horribly lol.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    I think you're playing way too much into nostalgia. Dragonball Z Legends sucked horribly lol.
    Budokai 2 was best imo

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by TheKoolAidMan View Post
    Budokai 2 was best imo
    Nono, Budokai 3!! :D. Budokai 2 sucked in that there's point in transforming without it leading to a grunt fest. Plus every character was more or less the same.

Budokai 3, if you remove Dragon Rush out of the system, is a perfectly fun game, and transformations made more sense with that "base" power system, and the characters also felt slightly more unique against each other. Shame that the people I played all just spammed Dragon Rush turning a match into pretty much a cutscene.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

I understand that there should be some type of even playing ground so every character is used. But it has never made sense to me when Krilin could take out Broly.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Forgot to post these during E3

http://dragonball.namco.com/dragonba...ngblast2/story

more info

The game will have original Dragonball and GT characters in it.
    I figured they would do this for the sequel. GT is more of a fanfic getting itself an anime to me.

# In an interview, it was confirmed that Raging Blast 2 would feature 6 characters brand new to any Dragon Ball video game.
    They haven't used Bio-broly in any game, but that movie was horrible so not surprising.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9QQOt-Y3rY

http://i49.tinypic.com/11btc09.jpg

As usual post hate shit here and the usual "i'm not buying this shit" posts here.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Augh.. Visuals look great, but they need to really get rid of that solid black outline, seriously it takes away from the way the characters look, I know they're trying to get to near replicating what the show itself looked like but some things just should not be used in a game..

Ridill
    BG Level

90 characters, but they are counting trasnformations as extra characters.
    kid goku, goku, ss1, 2, 3, 4
    child gohan, teen(cell saga age)gohan, ss1, 2, adult gohan, ss adult, mystic gohan, saiyaman
    freeza 1, 2, 3, 100% form, cyborg
    cell 1, 2, 3

so those four characters will be 22 of them lol

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Wow really like the visual upgrade.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    90 characters, but they are counting trasnformations as extra characters.
    kid goku, goku, ss1, 2, 3, 4
    child gohan, teen(cell saga age)gohan, ss1, 2, adult gohan, ss adult, mystic gohan, saiyaman
    freeza 1, 2, 3, 100% form, cyborg
    cell 1, 2, 3

so those four characters will be 22 of them lol
    25 if they toss in the 4th cell (super perfect) and future/ss future gohan as they've done with other games :/

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://i48.tinypic.com/nwgaiu.jpg

October 19th, 2010 USA
    September 30th, 2010 JPN
    October 20, 2010 EU
    October, 2010 AU

November 2nd NA is Raging Blast 2 the other dates are TBA

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Now we know 1 of the new, unseen movie characters in games, in RB2.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Hachihyaku

Hachihyaku is an antagonist of the Dragonball Z OVA "The Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans". It first appears as Dr. Raichi's supercomputer, but later materializes into a powerful fighter after absorbing the pure hatred of Dr. Raiichi. Afterward, the supercomputer appeared to be too powerful for the Z Fighters to handle. Luckily, after about 15 minutes of a rather one-sided fight, Goku learns of Hachihyaku's weakness; Hatchihyaku only fired his energy blast after 15 seconds. Knowing this, Goku and the others begin powering up their strongest blasts, and fire at the count of 15. This proves to be more than enough to fully destroy Hachihyaku.
    http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/The...te_the_Saiyans

On August 10th, 2010, Namco Bandai announced a completely reconstructed, re-scripted, and re-edited version of an original Japanese OVA that has never been released in North America or Europe. Known as Dragon Ball Z Gaiden: Saiyajin Zetsumetsu Keikaku (Lit. Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans) in Japan, this OVA was part of a game released in 1993 for the Playdia, and the animation was later put onto VHS. In 2003, it was put onto DVD and released with the Dragon Box. This new version will be completely reanimated and voiced in English. Every copy of Raging Blast 2 will come with this 30 minute animation on the game disc. For the first time, the characters Dr. Raichi and Hachihyaku will be voiced in English, meaning they will most likely be receiving new dub names as well. [9]
    sample
    http://i33.tinypic.com/6924og.jpg

There was also a roster update early last month.

Future Gohan, SSJ3 Vegeta, SSJ3 Broly, Nail, Pikkon, and Super Android 13.

November 2, 2010 USA [1]
    November 11, 2010 JPN
    November 2010 EU
    November 2010 AU

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Tenkaichi Tag Team demo is out on psn today. It plays like Tenkaichi on the ps2 but the co-op fights make it interesting to pull off attacks.

RB2 trailer

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Raging Blast 2 demo is on the JP store now. I expect the NA demo next week because we're 3 weeks away from release.

By going into Full Power you can press your block button to go into Raging mode. It's basically a power increase but you lose the ability to spam moves.

In the demo you can choose from SSJ1 Goku, Kid Buu, Dabura, and Mystic/Ultimate Gohan.

Characters
    http://i55.tinypic.com/63ydxy.jpg

Achievements

* Raging Blast: Obtain all the achievements - 0 Gamerscore

* Ball Master: Shoot off as many balls as possible in mini-game - 5 Gamerscore

* Come Forth, Shenron!!: Summoned Shenron for the first time - 15 Gamerscore

* TAKKARAPUTO POPPORUNGA: Summoned Porunga for the first time - 25 Gamerscore

* Character Complete: Unlock all characters and forms - 35 Gamerscore

* Fashion Complete: Unlock all costumes - 35 Gamerscore

* Humanitarian: Use every form of every transformable character at least once - 15 Gamerscore

* Training Journey: Fight on all maps - 10 Gamerscore

* W.Tournament Champ: Win the World Tournament - 35 Gamerscore

* Cell Games Champ: Win the Cell Games - 35 Gamerscore

* Capsule Corporation Founded!: Collect all items - 30 Gamerscore

* Music Complete: Get all of the game BGM - 20 Gamerscore

* Fruits of Training: Obtain Rank S++ for the first time - 15 Gamerscore

* Destroyed a Formidable Foe!: Complete battle in Galaxy Mode for the first time - 5 Gamerscore

* First Galaxy!: Complete "BOSS MISSION" in Galaxy Mode for the first time - 20 Gamerscore

* East Galaxy: Complete more than 10 characters in Galaxy Mode - 10 Gamerscore

* West Galaxy: Complete more than 20 characters in Galaxy Mode - 10 Gamerscore

* South Galaxy: Complete more than 30 characters in Galaxy Mode - 20 Gamerscore

* North Galaxy: Complete more than 40 characters in Galaxy Mode - 30 Gamerscore

* Off-the-charts Warrior!: Complete more than 50 characters in Galaxy Mode - 40 Gamerscore

* Galactic Domination!!: Complete all characters in Galaxy Mode - 50 Gamerscore
    * Fundamentals are Vital: Complete Tutorial until the end - 5 Gamerscore

* Battle Start!: Complete the first Battle Zone - 10 Gamerscore
    * Battle King: Complete all of the Battle Zones - 20 Gamerscore
    * Discoverer: Discover a hidden route in a Battle Zone - 20 Gamerscore
    * Stamp Rally: Earn 300 Challenge Stamps in Battle Zone - 20 Gamerscore
    * First Step to Ultimate: Complete the first Ultimate Zone - 15 Gamerscore

* Ultimate among Ultimates: Complete all of the Ultimate Zones - 30 Gamerscore

* Trivia King: View all character profiles in the Museum's Character Encyclopedia - 10 Gamerscore

* Famous Scene: Collect more than 30 illustrations - 10 Gamerscore
    * Reward Mania: Collect more than 100 illustrations - 20 Gamerscore
    * Wonderful Memory: Collect more than 250 illustrations - 30 Gamerscore
    * I Wanna Fight Someone Stronger!: Earn 30 victories in Xbox LIVE - 20 Gamerscore
    * Title Collector: Collect 10 or more titles - 10 Gamerscore
    * Title Seeker: Collect 50 or more titles - 25 Gamerscore
    * Title Hunter: Collect 100 or more titles - 30 Gamerscore
    * Power Level...of 5...: Earn 5 losses in Xbox LIVE - 5 Gamerscore
    * Please Go Easy on Me: Fight in an Xbox LIVE battle for the first time - 5 Gamerscore
    * Battle-Crazy: Reach your 50th Xbox LIVE battle - 20 Gamerscore
    * The Fight Has Just Begun: Win 20 times in 1P vs. CPU battle - 10 Gamerscore
    * The Days of Battle Continue...: Win 50 times in 1P vs. CPU battle - 20 Gamerscore
    * Best Friends: Fight 10 times in 1P vs. 2P battle - 10 Gamerscore
    * W.Tournament True Champ: Champion of World Tournament on Hard Difficulty - 40 Gamerscore
    * Cell Games True Champ: Champion of Cell Games on Hard Difficulty - 40 Gamerscore

Secret Achievements

* Secret Achievement: Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement - 40 Gamerscore
    * Secret Achievement: Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement - 15 Gamerscore
    * Secret Achievement: Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement - 15 Gamerscore

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

It would be awesome if they made a game that spanned from the beginning of Dragon Ball to the end of GT, but that will never happen.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Well Budokai Tenkaichi 3 kinda did. I'm sure RB3 will follow BT3 and include DB and GT, as there are literally no characters left for them to use in DBZ, unless they put in the entirety of Bojack's squad and Bio Brolly.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Trailer for Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans.

It's 30mins and I heard there will be no dub, not 100% on it.