Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Wow. Boob.

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    guy who played Skull ended up getting a PhD lol
    LOL What. So wait.. Skull sticks with the Power Ranger franchise..while Skull (the one who seemed dumber of the two) got a PhD? That's fucking hysterical.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Makwa Ironwill
    FFXIV Server
    Brynhildr
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Apparently he would have come back as well, but he needed to focus on finishing up the PhD. Maybe there's hope for a cameo?

Ridill
    BG Level

It's possible. Bulk's side kick in this new show is apparently supposed to be Skulls son.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So, I just saw that this was on so I had to check it out.
    Opening theme brought back some nostalgia.

and holy fuck Bulk is in it. He must really love power rangers.
    The individual Zords are so incredibly lame looking and all the cgi it terribad too.

I probably shouldn't be critiquing it so much, but I can't help it!
    cgi looked perfect for a kids show. Good enough that we know it's face, but that they don't. XD

The zords did look disappointing though.

aduidarnenye

I hated this show so much. I used to have to watch it while babysitting when I was a teenager. It was horrible. I don't know how you couldn't know that it was recycle Japanese footage. The yellow ranger was a guy in the Japanese version and a girl in the American version. They didn't change it. She'd suddenly be a guy when she morphed. Oh god, it was horrible.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Probably because I was 7 when it came out? Don't think many kids know the difference at the age.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by aduidarnenye View Post
    I hated this show so much. I used to have to watch it while babysitting when I was a teenager. It was horrible. I don't know how you couldn't know that it was recycle Japanese footage. The yellow ranger was a guy in the Japanese version and a girl in the American version. They didn't change it. She'd suddenly be a guy when she morphed. Oh god, it was horrible.
    Way to fucking shit all over the collective inner child of this forum.

aduidarnenye

Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata View Post
    Way to fucking shit all over the collective inner child of this forum.
    Yeah, when I was a kid it was all about Hanna-Barbera, Transformers, Voltron, and Robotech. And maybe a little My Little Pony and Friends. And some You Can't Do That on Television!. Now, those were great shows.

Old Merits
    BG Level

You liked your 30 min toy commercials, we liked ours. No real difference really.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ahhh Barbara Goodson. Rita/Bandora was portrayed by Machiko Soga. She was well-known for playing the main villains in some of the Super Sentai and Metal Hero shows. One of her last roles before she passed away was a good character.

I'll admit I am somewhat surprised they didn't skip Shinkenger (the basis for the new PR show) in order to stay with the "previous year" trend it always followed. The original show involved the present-day descendants of a feudal lord and his vassals.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Kobb View Post
    You liked your 30 min toy commercials, we liked ours. No real difference really.
    What toys did Hanna-Barbera schill, I seem to have missed that subliminal message. All I got from watching their stuff was that evolution is bullshit since man co-existed with dinosaurs, there are no black people in the future, and learning how to steal picnic baskets.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata View Post
    What toys did Hanna-Barbera schill, I seem to have missed that subliminal message. All I got from watching their stuff was that evolution is bullshit since man co-existed with dinosaurs, there are no black people in the future, and learning how to steal picnic baskets.
    If you want to count the yogi bear movie? Point is you can't shit over one person's long commercial over another.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Who is bulk? And that opening was hilarious. I haven't watched the original in a long time. The CGI was pretty terrible though, but I guess kids won't give a crap.

aduidarnenye

Quote Originally Posted by Kobb View Post
    If you want to count the yogi bear movie? Point is you can't shit over one person's long commercial over another.
    Sure you can, if you feel that one is worse than the other. Rocky and Bullwinkle versus the Power Rangers? I'm gonna choose Rocky and Bullwinkle.

Ridill
    BG Level

fyi there's about a 10-15-20 year gap between the shows your listing and power rangers.
    and if it's one thing we can all agree on is that no matter which cartoon shows we grew up on, we have turned out better than any kid will growing up watching spongebob squarepants

aduidarnenye

fyi there's about a 10-15-20 year gap between the shows your listing and power rangers.
    and if it's one thing we can all agree on is that no matter which cartoon shows we grew up on, we have turned out better than any kid will growing up watching spongebob squarepants
    Haha, okay I agree!

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

spongebob squarepants
    Disagree. Spongebob, imo , is a pretty cleverly written show for a children's cartoon and capture a lot of the humor a lot of early-mid 90's humor cartoons had when most of us were growing up. Other than that, I will personally agree that a lot of shows playing now are really watered down compared to what we were exposed to.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Spongebob, Foster's Home, Adventure Time, Regular Show, Flapjack, and Chowder are/were all perfectly fine cartoons.