+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro's 'Power Rangers'     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

5 bucks says skull's son ends up as the 6th ranger. calling this shit now as if its not predictable enough lol

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Wouldn't surprise me as the 6th in Shinkenger was a source of comic relief. He had a traveling sushi cart and was a childhood friend of the red ranger. But considering what they've done with PR shows in the past, it wouldn't surprise me if they made their own 6th ranger.

If you didn't like the original 5 mecha, here's what they'll have toward the end.
    Spoiler: show

I'll be interested to see what Saban does with this year's Sentai in a couple years.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What a clusterfuck that zord looks like.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    What a clusterfuck that zord looks like.
    I miss the old days...

Then there's this...
    Spoiler: show

of which they are currently on their 35th season...

And the biggest wtf goes to these guys.

the girl.... wtf. Is she just wearing underwear?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If you're interested on the 35th Super Sentai this group is subbing them. http://over-ti.me/

They released EP 2 earlier today and it was pretty awesome.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah it's a solid show so far. I didn't like last year's so I stopped at ep20 or so (up to the part where the 6th started showing up). If you don't mind the spandex-clad hero thing, go watch some of the older (pre-Zyuranger) shows from the 80s/early 90s. Bioman, Maskman, Fiveman, Jetman to name a few. The shows were much darker back then, and people actually died. Bioman, Maskman and some of the others were dubbed in English and aired in the Philippines, but they used different character names.

And yes, I can name pretty much every portrait in that big pic above. I guess it came out around the time of GekiRanger, since it stops there.

we fuckin' stole it man.
    BG Level

I have to admit, i watched the shit out of power rangers when i was a kid. I remember playing the fighting game on sega genesis too. Its funny when you watch the show now, because i guess as a kid, I didn't even flinch to it being dubbed.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Anyone else get in trouble in school for "play fighting" Power Rangers?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    3rd grade

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Anyone know if there is a site for the Samurai episodes that have already aired? Forgot to set my DVR for them :/

Remember playing the hell out of this game.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Also loved The movie game on SNES

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Not quite but I did get power bombed in 3rd grade once. I thought I was tough after it though because I didn't cry.

Edit - Pile bombed on tile flooring.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Pure seasons 1-3 fan here. 4+ onwards was way too wacky for me (and I grown out of it by then)

Anyone remembered the 6 parter episode where they got the Ninjazords and Bulk and Skull trained to be community policeman? I thought that stretch, especially part 5 when they all start off summoning their zords to beat that skull mob ... Rito I think (Rita's Bro) and showcasing the zords. That was all. Pure. Awesome. One of the highlights in my childhood XD

P.S. if anyone can link me to the Bulk and Skull theme used for training to be police ... post here XD .. it wasn't on the soundtrack

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

started watching gokaiger. good shit so far. it's like they're pulling a kamen rider decade on super sentai. decade tbh is the only kamen rider i watched all the way through so far. thought decade was pretty badass even though decade is so damn pink. liking that gokaiger seems like so far we'll see kameo's of old ranger actors.

I also shat bricks at the power rangers samurai theme even though its retarded as fuck. Soon as ya hear the taste of the old power rangers theme is like yeah this is the old school shit son. my gripe with american power rangers is that they change to many of the damn villains. I could see the story changes, but is it really that damn hard to maintain the same villains. hell we got to keep bandora for fucking american zyuranger as rita and shes not even a suit actor like most villians

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

The power rangers movie gave me my first hardon.

That chick in the bikini was like DAYUM.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

i remember seeing both power ranger movies in the theater as a kid. my mom bout fucked a marine up too cause him and his wife and their kid wouldn't shut up the whole time during the turbo movie. the old power ranger toys as a kid too were awesome back in the day. i was like the only kid near me with the toy for pyramidas from zeo. between me and my bro we had the toys of all the old zords.

i think my odd fascination with power rangers is why the heck i'm liking playing dc universe so much at the moment for that matter. playing your own superhero is fucking awesome. if only it was possible to have real superheroes >.<. time manipulation would be sweet.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Fucking Pyramidas. I was the only kid who had that thing.

120 bucks for it I remember.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I dunno how I should feel right now. The fact that this thread is somehow still going is either awesome for nostalgia sake or..just so very sad. I haven't actually *seriously* watched Power Rangers since what.. the Ninja Rangers or whatever?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    I dunno how I should feel right now. The fact that this thread is somehow still going is either awesome for nostalgia sake or..just so very sad. I haven't actually *seriously* watched Power Rangers since what.. the Ninja Rangers or whatever?
    Guilty Pleasures!!! And Ninja Rangers was awesome. Go listen to the fight theme! =p ; Although I've not watched it since the end of Season 3 (with the alien rangers) as I grew out of it by then. But those old ones were the PRIME!

Gairaiden: I went to see the first movie as a kid at the cinema. IT WAS AMAZING! XD (plus hardly anyone was there so I kinda got the place to myself)

EDIT: And if anyone wants to have a laugh, go watch the 3 "episodes" of the dubbed "My Way" Power Rangers...

Rita: Ah~! After ten thousand years, I'M FREE! It's time to FUCK UP EARTH! LET'S GO, BITCHES!
    Zordon: Alpha! That bitch has escaped! Bring me five motherfuckin' teenagers with five motherfuckin' attitudes!

~~

<it's morphin time!>
    Black Ranger: Black Power Motherfucker!

~~
    <later, when zordon gives them their weapons>
    Black Ranger: yeah I get a motherfucking gun cause I'm black!

XD