Thread: Charging for HQs.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Bootykilla View Post
    I think we are all referring to big ticket items, 5m+. I have crafted many many items for anyone who asks for free.

What you have to understand is that even though to you it may seem like it only takes me 10 seconds to synth your item, if you I happen to HQ it, statistically I would have to craft another 100 synths before I HQ again, which in the cuurent market would mean a loss on every synth plus take forever to get rid of those NQ. Why should I let you walk away with a 5m+ profit off my craft that I leveled? (Again this is referring to rare T0 synths)
    That is the first time I have ever heard someone use that as their reasoning. Every other time it is "Lol nub you pay me for my time leveling; you don't like it go level it yourself" which was my initial issue.

You know what, I completely understand your point, and can't really argue against it; with 1 qualifying statement however, if it is a synth that you don't regularly do for profit etc then that 1 HQ isn't really an issue because if that person hadn't requested the synth you wouldn't have performed it.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

My original post was fueled by someone wanting a synergy synth so the "if you break blah blah" diesnt really count there and i have made 2/5 HQs on the lemegton medalions and 2/2 on pythia sash +1s. i have some idea on how to HQ with synergy so you can kind of force it if you know what to look for but this can take quite some time, the sashes for example took me 2 hours ish. The shout was for me to make a lemegton medalion, i asked them if they wanted NQ/HQ and the reply was "20k for NQ, we give you 50k if you HQ" you dont lose mats in synergy but conisdering the HQ is 5mil+ i think 50k is a little cheap, iv had people pay me that for making them a HQ staff, also synergy isnt a 30 second task.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Free for LS and friends. I don't craft for anyone else.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Talli View Post
    My original post was fueled by someone wanting a synergy synth so the "if you break blah blah" diesnt really count there and i have made 2/5 HQs on the lemegton medalions and 2/2 on pythia sash +1s. i have some idea on how to HQ with synergy so you can kind of force it if you know what to look for but this can take quite some time, the sashes for example took me 2 hours ish. The shout was for me to make a lemegton medalion, i asked them if they wanted NQ/HQ and the reply was "20k for NQ, we give you 50k if you HQ" you dont lose mats in synergy but conisdering the HQ is 5mil+ i think 50k is a little cheap, iv had people pay me that for making them a HQ staff, also synergy isnt a 30 second task.
    I see what you mean there, if you're trying to perfect the synth for the HQ then yeah I completely agree, and with that huge of a profit 50K is definitely a little cheap XP

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

How does synergy work when it comes to obtaining the item in the crucible?

If I gather the mats for a Duchy Ring and synth it for someone in my crucible, can they grab the finished item from the furnace? I had someone ask if I could make one up and I want to know if they need to be the one who puts the items in the furnace.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They need to be the one to put it in the furnace

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Talli View Post
    Synergy is a whole different ballgame. if they want an actual synergist to do the work for them and get an hq which can be forced they need to either pony up some serious cash or the HQ prices need to decrease dramatically which generally defaults to the guy is ripping you off.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

With most things, I don't ask for anything for a NQ. If the item is something I want to HQ for myself I will either refuse to synth it, or if they're ok with it synth it, take the HQ if it pops and replace with a NQ. If they're not happy with that, I understand but the only items I'm really looking to do that on right now are a couple of T0s.

I don't expect a tip for a straightforward NQ synth but it's always nice. If someone comes to me trying to HQ something, we work out a deal. I usually only synth weird stuff people can't get hold of on the AH or stuff for friends so it doesn't come up often.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalhart View Post
    How does synergy work when it comes to obtaining the item in the crucible?

If I gather the mats for a Duchy Ring and synth it for someone in my crucible, can they grab the finished item from the furnace? I had someone ask if I could make one up and I want to know if they need to be the one who puts the items in the furnace.
    What has to happen is that they have the basic synergy quest done (the one that lets you do synergy in the first place) and then they party up with you. They have to claim and trade the mats and they have to end the synth if they want to collect the item. At least that's what a friend and I discovered when we made his ebon frock into something else.

I do nq's for free. If it hq's I charge 25% of market price

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I don't charge friends/ls mates at all but more times than not they tip me anyways. For a stranger it depends on the item. Some obscure craft that I don't typically craft for profit I won't charge for HQ but if it is a big ticket item then 10-15% seems more than reasonable to me. I've had random people that I don't know at all ask me to craft ele staves for them on my wood mule and I tell them sure, 50k per synth. Don't like it? Buy it off the AH.